official SMS

Needs to sort his head out and stop spending so much time on Football Manager though. (Derek's busy on his own thread so i thought i'd spread the doom and gloom here. :wink: )

I'm here too - the omnipotent harbinger of gloom!

Actually, I think it is fab news, he has been a model of consistency for us since signing. I like him a lot.

Derek.

This is very good news. I would agree that this is perhaps Shez's best signing (though a certain L. Hughes might disagree). Keeping him at the club for another couple of years is a great move- I'm actually surprised with all the transfer gossip that's been going on he wasn't linked with a move (especially as he would have been available quite cheap due to being out of contract in the summer). His consistency has been what a lot of other players have lacked and he sets a good example for a lot of the younger players.

This is very good news. I would agree that this is perhaps Shez's best signing (though a certain L. Hughes might disagree). Keeping him at the club for another couple of years is a great move- I'm actually surprised with all the transfer gossip that's been going on he wasn't linked with a move (especially as he would have been available quite cheap due to being out of contract in the summer). His consistency has been what a lot of other players have lacked and he sets a good example for a lot of the younger players.

What? L. Hughes isn't even based in Oldham! :lol:

I've often wondered why Hazell doesn't attract interest off other clubs.

I know. And I'm amazed how Chesterfield just let him go for a free. Maybe they tried giving him another contract or they just wanted him out to ease a wage but we've done alright out of him and he fully deserved a decent contract. Well done Rubes.

Great news - prob Shez's best signing??

A model pro it would appear - no bother & has a level of consistency that many would envy at higher levels. No frills in many respects, but about as solid as we've seen in a number of years.

Well done Reubs - here's to a few more years of top performances!!