Posting

Guest oa exile

Guest oa_exile

OK Boys and Girls

I know this is MB is getting busier and busier but can you all start to read the threads as we are duplicating the stories over and over.

This just adds to the confusion and clogs the MB up.

In future any duplicated threads will be deleted.

As you were :)

Cheers Exile

OK Boys and Girls

I know this is MB is getting busier and busier but can you all start to read the threads as we are duplicating the stories over and over.

Cheers Exile

The forum police are alive and well. Please take this the right way... I think that this is a major failing of this board. Too many places to post. Admin staff crawling over the posts and moving them. I much prefer one site see all, one click entrance and just a control over postings that slander. We have morphed into a site more complex and only slightly than less controlling than Government.

Alec stands back to await the backlash.

The forum police are alive and well. Please take this the right way... I think that this is a major failing of this board. Too many places to post. Admin staff crawling over the posts and moving them. I much prefer one site see all, one click entrance and just a control over postings that slander. We have morphed into a site more complex and only slightly than less controlling than Government.

No backlash... your wrong! :lol: ... but no backlash! :wink:

We constantly re-evaluate the structure of the boards and try to keep everything how the masses like it. If you don't like something or want to make a suggestion either PM one of the team or post, just like this! :)

We will never, ever, revert to a one board one click system. That system is available from other boards available to everyone and is proven to be almost totally unmanageable, unpopular and ineffective.

We don't claim to have all the answers - so anyone and everyone, please speak up if you have suggestions or change ideas!

Ack

OK Boys and Girls

Cheers Exile

Im sure this has been said before - Duplicate thread please delete..... :grin:

Alec :whip: Trouble is Alec that if you only have one place to post then some people get fed up with seeing stuff relating to other clubs than Oldham, other sports, and in many cases death by natural disaster in between Latics related stuff. Here you can post that sort of stuff but people who are only interested in readign Latics things don't get all the rest of it in the way. Suggestions on how to rationalise the layout are welcome but the advantages of having various forums far outway the disadvantages IMO

Any chance of just having a pinned topic at the top and then the others that have been pinned within it?

That's actually something we have talked about... due to the obvious problem of excess numbers of pinned topics taking up space.

We do constantly move pinned topics away from the top when they're obsolete... this is obviously depending on man hours available to make sure we're moving and archiving them correctly.

If you think one is done with and want to suggest it's removal, please just post in the topic itself asking :)

Any chance of just having a pinned topic at the top and then the others that have been pinned within it?

Dunno about that, I doubt anyone would look at it to see what was inside. The Pinned ones could probably do with some Spring cleaning though.

*Heads offline to get some work done.

Just to say - I can see alec's viewpoint if you had to constantly got through every sub-board this site has to offer.... Dont know if some people are missing the facility, but the easiest way to just see what is current and relevant is to just hit "View new Posts"... just by doing that people should be able to see what is "current" and therefore not duplicate posts, and in essence it is irrelevant where posts are as they all appear on one page... just like a "one stop shop" chatboard.. just click on "view new Posts" and you are in...

best of both worlds B)

Alright, just a suggestion :)

Another thing that can help with your 'too many sections' problem is the + and - symbols on the board headers (top right hand corner).

If you never visit an area - such as the welcome area once you're signed up - then click this and it makes that specific board section appear minimised and thus takes up less space/less posts to check through.

Ack

Just to say - I can see alec's viewpoint if you had to constantly got through every sub-board this site has to offer.... Dont know if some people are missing the facility, but the easiest way to just see what is current and relevant is to just hit "View new Posts"... just by doing that people should be able to see what is "current" and therefore not duplicate posts, and in essence it is irrelevant where posts are as they all appear on one page... just like a "one stop shop" chatboard.. just click on "view new Posts" and you are in...

best of both worlds B)

'Today's Active Topics' works quite well too.

OK Boys and Girls

Cheers Exile

What about threads with terrible grammar?