No it wasn't a go at Newcastle fans, what it was meant to be is to point out that although although they try and portray themselves as the best in the country they are, on the whole, no different to any other supporters in the country.

And you are completely wrong thats its just a media thing. You should have listened to the Radio 5 last night. Call after call, and indeed the guy from the supporters club (whatever it was), referred to themselves as the best in the country.

Plus 90% of them harked back to the days of Keegan.

Bring back Joe Royle.

They are certainly in the Premier League of Delusional fans, up there with Spurs and City - clubs that view the football world through the wrong end of a telescope and therefore think they are "Bigger" than they are. I think it's a load of crap that they would be happy losing 4-3 all the time, it just happened that the fools gold of Keegan's day gave them the belief that there was something magical about their club that meant they could achieve things without the need to defend.

How many fans were there at St James's when we palyed them all them seasons ago in the early 90s.

Cant remember it being sold out then.

As pointed out buy a guy on the radio, Newcastle have an advantage as their city is not split as Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham and London etc are.

I think you have quite blatantly quoted me out of context there Witty. Re-read my post IN FULL and you will realise I am saying that even if they have a lot of fans they aren't any more passionate than anyone else they are just much more fickle. I didn't say anything about them being good fans because there are a lot of them. United have loads of fans and they completely suck!

Someone else has done the same with my post but whatever....

I think you have quite blatantly quoted me out of context there Witty. Re-read my post IN FULL and you will realise I am saying that even if they have a lot of fans they aren't any more passionate than anyone else they are just much more fickle. I didn't say anything about them being good fans because there are a lot of them. United have loads of fans and they completely suck!

Oh and I said AWAY games they generally sell out not home games I have no idea how many they get on regularly . Probably fluctuates a lot due to recent results and yet still their dillusions of being the best fans in the country.

Now I am totally confused.

I've read your post on page 1 in FULL and my post and as far as I can see we are in total agreement.....are we not.