Latics fans

Don't often post on here - just a reader.

However, had to comment on the atmosphere today and some of the fans. I must say that some of our fans are a disgrace. Booing at the end, what is all that about? The atmosphere was non-existent - fair credit to the lads in the Uppers Lookers and the usual drummer et al in the Chaddy for at least making a stab. BP is like a morgue, there is no wonder the players don't seem to like playing there. Whilst we can say the poor home form is down to tactics etc, there must be some credence to the fact that the players struggle in front of a grumpy crowd. We have our fare share of moaners that still think we play in the Premiership, intent on having a pop if things aren't going own way. What happened to encouragement? Away support is much better and that is why I am looking forward to Yeovil away more than I am the next home league game. FFS I heard one guy going on about Allott saying he'd had a terrible game'. Mr Allott has been our best player for weeks. It's all about opinions but the booing is going too far. We have just beaten Leeds and Everton for god's sake. Walking to the ground I thought that today would be a good atmosphere, everyone celebrating the recent results and cheering on the lads to a victory. I now realise that I am very naive. I usually join in with all the singing where I sit in Lookers Lower, but it is always difficult because no-one really makes an effort at that side of the ground - bar the lads in the Upper Lookers.

I was that angry with some of our fans at the end, I wanted to chin them. I'm usually a placid guy but these moaning gits are creating tension with the normal fans that do their utmost to support the team and have been doing for years.

The home attendance too - absolutely appalling - hope those gloryhunters are sat back nicely in their armchairs. How many other clubs suffer from this problem? Huddersfield perhaps? Bet they had a big home support today after their cup win. I am speechless about some of our fans at the moment - yes, football is expensive but if 5,500 can afford a day out at Everton, then why not go to the follow up league game to celebrate that victory and cheer the lads on.

If we get past Huddersfield and draw a big club in the 5th round - they'll all come out out of the woodwork and get their tickets. The way I am feeling tonight - the total opposite of last week. Thought our fans were great at Everton - terrible today.

TTA must feel aggrieved at the attendance today - when our new stadium is opened - if people think we'll fill it, they're living in cloud cuckoo - even if we are in the Championship. Pathetic support today. Roll on Yeovil away and fans getting behind the team.

Rammylatic

However, had to comment on the atmosphere today and some of the fans. I must say that some of our fans are a disgrace. Booing at the end, what is all that about? The atmosphere was non-existent - fair credit to the lads in the Uppers Lookers and the usual drummer et al in the Chaddy for at least making a stab. BP is like a morgue, there is no wonder the players don't seem to like playing there. Whilst we can say the poor home form is down to tactics etc, there must be some credence to the fact that the players struggle in front of a grumpy crowd. We have our fare share of moaners that still think we play in the Premiership, intent on having a pop if things aren't going own way. What happened to encouragement? Away support is much better and that is why I am looking forward to Yeovil away more than I am the next home league game. FFS I heard one guy going on about Allott saying he'd had a terrible game'. Mr Allott has been our best player for weeks. It's all about opinions but the booing is going too far. We have just beaten Leeds and Everton for god's sake. Walking to the ground I thought that today would be a good atmosphere, everyone celebrating the recent results and cheering on the lads to a victory. I now realise that I am very naive. I usually join in with all the singing where I sit in Lookers Lower, but it is always difficult because no-one really makes an effort at that side of the ground - bar the lads in the Upper Lookers.

I was that angry with some of our fans at the end, I wanted to chin them. I'm usually a placid guy but these moaning gits are creating tension with the normal fans that do their utmost to support the team and have been doing for years.

The home attendance too - absolutely appalling - hope those gloryhunters are sat back nicely in their armchairs. How many other clubs suffer from this problem? Huddersfield perhaps? Bet they had a big home support today after their cup win. I am speechless about some of our fans at the moment - yes, football is expensive but if 5,500 can afford a day out at Everton, then why not go to the follow up league game to celebrate that victory and cheer the lads on.

If we get past Huddersfield and draw a big club in the 5th round - they'll all come out out of the woodwork and get their tickets. The way I am feeling tonight - the total opposite of last week. Thought our fans were great at Everton - terrible today.

TTA must feel aggrieved at the attendance today - when our new stadium is opened - if people think we'll fill it, they're living in cloud cuckoo - even if we are in the Championship. Pathetic support today. Roll on Yeovil away and fans getting behind the team.

Rammylatic

couldn't agree with you more mate! The group of about 6 lads at the upper lookers were singing the hearts out yet nobody, and mean NOBODY, was joining in to support there efforts. In fact they were being looked at by people like people look at caged animals at a zoo, why oh why are you chanting. I was a good 20 metres from these lads and occasionally I would join in with them but with NOBODY chating within a 20 metre radius off you it could make you look kind of stupid. Brilliant away wins at Leeds and Everton and yet the attendance at home seems to have gone DOWN. I give up!!!

couldn't agree with you more mate! The group of about 6 lads at the upper lookers were singing the hearts out yet nobody, and mean NOBODY, was joining in to support there efforts. In fact they were being looked at by people like people look at caged animals at a zoo, why oh why are you chanting. I was a good 20 metres from these lads and occasionally I would join in with them but with NOBODY chating within a 20 metre radius off you it could make you look kind of stupid. Brilliant away wins at Leeds and Everton and yet the attendance at home seems to have gone DOWN. I give up!!!

spot on, some of the old gits near us were looking at them as if to say "chanting, at a football game, thats a first" and like many i had to bite my tongue. Whenever someone had a pop at a player though, ie smalley, i made a point of shouting back some encouragement.

as i have said numerous times tonight, sooner they knock down that stand the better, then hopefully all the moaners will sod off to the main stand upper, and all the singers can go elsewhere

EDIT: For the purpose of this thread rammy i would use the term fans very loosely

Edited by Lookers_Carl

However, had to comment on the atmosphere today and some of the fans. I must say that some of our fans are a disgrace. Booing at the end, what is all that about? The atmosphere was non-existent - fair credit to the lads in the Uppers Lookers and the usual drummer et al in the Chaddy for at least making a stab. BP is like a morgue, there is no wonder the players don't seem to like playing there. Whilst we can say the poor home form is down to tactics etc, there must be some credence to the fact that the players struggle in front of a grumpy crowd. We have our fare share of moaners that still think we play in the Premiership, intent on having a pop if things aren't going own way. What happened to encouragement? Away support is much better and that is why I am looking forward to Yeovil away more than I am the next home league game. FFS I heard one guy going on about Allott saying he'd had a terrible game'. Mr Allott has been our best player for weeks. It's all about opinions but the booing is going too far. We have just beaten Leeds and Everton for god's sake. Walking to the ground I thought that today would be a good atmosphere, everyone celebrating the recent results and cheering on the lads to a victory. I now realise that I am very naive. I usually join in with all the singing where I sit in Lookers Lower, but it is always difficult because no-one really makes an effort at that side of the ground - bar the lads in the Upper Lookers

Rammylatic

Im sick of all the threads on "the fans" it wont change a thing... The whole of BP today was quiet apart from the Brighton fans and that aint gonna change untill the team start putting in some spirited performance, today we failed to get a grip on the game against 10 MEN brighton!!! Think our concerns should be with our home form rather than the fans!! Please remember some fans cant get to away games and havent seen the team win in the league since sept, and mainly seen poor performances since febuary last year!

Too true. I bet these latics 'fans' in question are sat back grinning with at such a fantastic win by the Red Scum today.

I am even tempted getting a ticket near the singers next year. Although if the stand is knocked down, guess I'll end up in the main stand where similar lack of atmosphere will prevail. Don't fancy the Chaddy as I prefer the view along the side of the pitch. Remember the Cup Fever years of 1989/90 and 94? Much different from the 'fever' today. Much prefer those days...........

Im sick of all the threads on "the fans" it wont change a thing... The whole of BP today was quiet apart from the Brighton fans and that aint gonna change untill the team start putting in some spirited performance, today we failed to get a grip on the game against 10 MEN brighton!!! Think our concerns should be with our home form rather than the fans!! Please remember some fans cant get to away games and havent seen the team win in the league since sept, and mainly seen poor performances since febuary last year!

Think the fans have a direct correlation with the product on the pitch on occasions like this (after the Lord Mayor's show). So yes, whilst I agree that we didn't show anything today, if the atmosphere had been anything like it should have been, we might have got a much needed result. In my view - our home form is directly linked to both our formation/tactics at home and the morgue 'quick to criticise' atmosphere.

Think the fans have a direct correlation with the product on the pitch on occasions like this (after the Lord Mayor's show). So yes, whilst I agree that we didn't show anything today, if the atmosphere had been anything like it should have been, we might have got a much needed result. In my view - our home form is directly linked to both our formation/tactics at home and the morgue 'quick to criticise' atmosphere.

A side point. Not only does the support of fans help the performance on the pitch, which it does because many latics players have said so in recent weeks, but for me it is more of a enjoyable experience for the fans themselves when the place is buzzing. Let's face it who wants to sit in a morgue like atmosphere when you could be involved with a great atmposphere. It is better experience for the fans too!!!

Sorry but if you think the atmosphere has no effect on the lads performance then you are sadly mistaken. I have been supporting latics for 25 years and the support by latics fans is at an alltime low. Think the introduction of all seater stadium has something to do with it--but still no excuse imo. I think you have to rememeber that we are in league 1 with league 1 players, and as such the players are not world beaters and will have off days (as well great days, you remember leeds and everton away don't you?). That is why they are playing the third tier of football.

A side point. Not only does the support of fans help the performance on the pitch, which it does because many latics players have said so in recent weeks, but for me it is more of a enjoyable experience for the fans themselves when the place is buzzing. Let's face it who wants to sit in a morgue like atmosphere when you could be involved with a great atmposphere. It is better experience for the fans too!!!

Sit in the chaddy near the singrs, today wasthe first time ive ever been mind numbingly bored at a latics match

This could be overkill but why don't the chanters in the lookers upper point to the rest of the fans in that stand and chant "Stand up and support the team!" Try and make them prove a point.

thats true mate l sit in the upper lockers and if you chant you just look stupid but at least they clap for the players at the end (even if it won't the best).

thats true mate l sit in the upper lockers and if you chant you just look stupid but at least they clap for the players at the end (even if it won't the best).

The lookers needs to be knocked down and sharpish & everyone thrown in the RRE, that way a bit of noise can be generated and banter.

I seriously can't see a league win at home until it happens.

Us in the Upper tried our hardest today but all we got was smiles(well tried but don't bother),can't wait for Yeovil AWAY

Agree entirely with your efforts mate, was sat directly below you on back row of the lower and could here you trying to get an atmosphere going.

I know I really, really can't wait for next Saturday, only problem is open terrace!!!

Us in the Upper tried our hardest today but all we got was smiles(well tried but don't bother),can't wait for Yeovil AWAY

It bugs me that hardly anybody tries in the Lookers Upper. I sit just past the half way line closest to the Chaddy End and it's dead there, which is why I don't join in with the chanting cos it's feels so intimidating!

So I have to spend the matches listening to THE most annoying woman sat behind me, who has the wieniest voice, saying stuff like "oh fiddlesticks" and "he's terrible that bumber 24" and "number 6 isn't having a good game" :angry:

Sorry but if you think the atmosphere has no effect on the lads performance then you are sadly mistaken. I have been supporting latics for 25 years and the support by latics fans is at an alltime low. Think the introduction of all seater stadium has something to do with it--but still no excuse imo. I think you have to rememeber that we are in league 1 with league 1 players, and as such the players are not world beaters and will have off days (as well great days, you remember leeds and everton away don't you?). That is why they are playing the third tier of football.

Read my post again and quote where i put atmosphere has no effect on the performance!! Im simply stating if the players want the roof raising then they also need to get onside.. Everton and Leeds players looked up for it,and that transfered to the fans... today they simply didnt look bothered, no wonder the crowd was asleep....

It bugs me that hardly anybody tries in the Lookers Upper. I sit just past the half way line closest to the Chaddy End and it's dead there, which is why I don't join in with the chanting cos it's feels so intimidating!

So I have to spend the matches listening to THE most annoying woman sat behind me, who has the wieniest voice, saying stuff like "oh fiddlesticks" and "he's terrible that bumber 24" and "number 6 isn't having a good game" :angry:

Move yourself to the left ,we will all sing together

Rammylatic

The most sense I have heard in a long time. I was going to come on here and rant tonight because I am so..... :angry: but I think you have just about summed it up.

Thanks for the mention to the Lookers Upper - mainly Our Kid. :imnotworthy:

Come and introduce yourself - the more the merrier. In fact, all welcome.

Booing at the end, what is all that about?

BP is like a morgue, there is no wonder the players don't seem to like playing there.

Walking to the ground I thought that today would be a good atmosphere, everyone celebrating the recent results and cheering on the lads to a victory. I now realise that I am very naive.

The home attendance too - absolutely appalling - hope those gloryhunters are sat back nicely in their armchairs. I am speechless about some of our fans at the moment - yes, football is expensive but if 5,500 can afford a day out at Everton, then why not go to the follow up league game to celebrate that victory and cheer the lads on.

Rammylatic

Agree 100%.

Not only does the support of fans help the performance on the pitch, which it does because many latics players have said so in recent weeks, but for me it is more of a enjoyable experience for the fans themselves when the place is buzzing. Let's face it who wants to sit in a morgue like atmosphere when you could be involved with a great atmposphere. It is better experience for the fans too!!!

Agree 100%.

Read my post again and quote where i put atmosphere has no effect on the performance!! Im simply stating if the players want the roof raising then they also need to get onside.. Everton and Leeds players looked up for it,and that transfered to the fans... today they simply didnt look bothered, no wonder the crowd was asleep....

:angry: Maybe to get the "roof raised" the team need to be playing well/showing passion, but to moan at the first stray pass and slate young players for mistakes is disgraceful. It says more about these so called fans!!!! The SUPPORTers should get behind the team throughout the game, moan post match. Look at Portsmouth even through their recent run of 0-0 scores at home the fans have been fantasic. We all love this club, time for the moaners to use up their energy more positively by getting behind the team. Time to..........PULL YOUR FINGERS OUT! :angry::angry::angry::angry: