Latics fans

we were all awful today apart from a the odd few- i though they were in the NSM lower nearest to the RRE, we need to start generating an atmosphere by whateva means necessary so all way supporters who are aobviosuly spread all over the ground can generate atmospheres from all over the ground.

if the team re not playing well away we sing - and then clap em off. if the team dont play well at home we boo.

its pathetic

got to say this sit in chaddy just to the left of the singers one of the reasons iits crap in there is certain people think they should be the only ones starting the songs off( you know who you are ) and if anyone dares to start songs off they will actively discourage others form joining in then spend the rest of the game making dispariging remarks about them to bellitlle them .only people who realy got behind the team to day were leavesy (dont ware that jumper agian its a harbringer of bad luck )and his mates who were on there feet all game trying to get things going and with nothing but encouragement ! untill the little clique (muppet chior) lose there grip the chaddy aint ever going to be like it was ! oh and mister drummer this is not a critisysem but an obsevation please will you SLOW down its great that you get things going just stop going off at hundred miles an hour and the songs might last longer ok

right rant over

got to say this sit in chaddy just to the left of the singers one of the reasons iits crap in there is certain people think they should be the only ones starting the songs off( you know who you are ) and if anyone dares to start songs off they will actively discourage others form joining in then spend the rest of the game making dispariging remarks about them to bellitlle them .only people who realy got behind the team to day were leavesy (dont ware that jumper agian its a harbringer of bad luck )and his mates who were on there feet all game trying to get things going and with nothing but encouragement ! untill the little clique (muppet chior) lose there grip the chaddy aint ever going to be like it was ! oh and mister drummer this is not a critisysem but an obsevation please will you SLOW down its great that you get things going just stop going off at hundred miles an hour and the songs might last longer ok

right rant over

dont sit in the chaddy peanuts but it would be good to get many opinions from the people that do

Edited by neiladamsheadband

dont sit in the chaddy peanuts but it would be good to get many opinions from the people that do

I've just seconded Peanuts comments in another post about the Clique. Spot on about it. Sad, pathetic, schoolkid like behaviour. I'm just glad I've got the drum to sing along with, rather than just those who do exactly what Peanuts says....snide remarks, looks and generally piss-taking of anyone not in their group.

I've just seconded Peanuts comments in another post about the Clique. Spot on about it. Sad, pathetic, schoolkid like behaviour. I'm just glad I've got the drum to sing along with, rather than just those who do exactly what Peanuts says....snide remarks, looks and generally piss-taking of anyone not in their group.

It is a real problem... I have started singing and trying to get songs started and had a similar reaction.... These people want to be the ones that start the singing.... Its perfectic and is ruining the atmosphere....

In ability of the rest of the chaddy to even try and start a song is equally frustrating though..... everywhere to the left of us just sits down quitely...

Edited by oafc0000

no point going and sitting down is there? no point in waiting for the god forsaken people to start songs off is there? started off okay on saturday but just went dead! got on my nerves when some people to the right of us were quiet (fair enough, we all have our off days) but then they start moaning an groaining as well - not good at all! rather they stay quiet rather than moaning at EVERY bad pass - sure we were poor on Satdi but get on with it, we were still winning until the last kick of the game - we should have been chuffed. Jumper will be locked away in me cupboard until next xmas!

Cloughie who's an Everton fan was once again in attendance with us and he commented at how dull the chants sounded from the sole man in the Lookers upper. His exact words where "jeeze. How depressing does that chant sound." - It was after an "Oh When the Blues." - It's why they never picked up and no-one joined in with him. Fair play to him for giving it a go, as he was the only one willing too - but the way he was singing them was as uninspiring as the product on the pitch. A gruff monotone voice isnt going to catch on and get everyone in the stand bouncing.

Move yourself to the left ,we will all sing together

Sav Where Abouts You Sit In Lookers? If You Dont Mind I Wouldnt Mind Sitting With You's And Having A Extra Person Trying To Get Some Athmosphere Going. When People Say The Crowd Noise Dosent Make A Difference They Obvi Dont Know What They Are On About. Just Think If A Player Does Great Passing Then The Team Do A Good Move We All Cheer Chant Songs Sing There Names What A Confidence Booster It Is Knowing The Fans Are Likeing What You Are Doing !!

Read my post again and quote where i put atmosphere has no effect on the performance!! Im simply stating if the players want the roof raising then they also need to get onside.. Everton and Leeds players looked up for it,and that transfered to the fans... today they simply didnt look bothered, no wonder the crowd was asleep....

I would beg to differ...i think the players are waiting for the inevitable, the booing at the end...for anyone to suggest there is anything but a negative atmosphere at BP is putting their head in the sand...and this negativity will rub off on the players, we all knew that the ball was going in when it went pinging round the box at the end, including the players, they talk about the fans being the 12th man etc well today we were for the other team, i swear you could feel the relief from some people when the final whistle went that they had something to f***ing moan about!!!

I Was In The Chaddy End On Saturday And It Was Silent. Chaddy End Is Known The SINGING Part But In Fact Its Not. Its Only A JOINING In Part. Be Part Of A Gang Then You Can Sing.. Go In The Lookers Upper And Sing What Ever You Like And Hopefully More People Will Join In. And On Plus Side In The Lookers Upper You Wont Get Slagged Off For Starting A Chant :D

I Was In The Chaddy End On Saturday And It Was Silent. Chaddy End Is Known The SINGING Part But In Fact Its Not. Its Only A JOINING In Part. Be Part Of A Gang Then You Can Sing.. Go In The Lookers Upper And Sing What Ever You Like And Hopefully More People Will Join In. And On Plus Side In The Lookers Upper You Wont Get Slagged Off For Starting A Chant :D

I happened to go to COMS with a City supporting relative earlier this season, and the ground was silent until a couple of goals for the home side went in. (Any Latics fan who thinks their fellow BP attenders are moaners can never have had cause to sit with the home fans at a City game.)

Taggart recently complained about the lack of atmosphere at Old Trafford, didn't he?

If the kind of players that both Manc clubs now have on show can't inspire consistent passion from the stands, what chance our own?

Edited by Corporal_Jones

The atmpsphere in the Chaddy is pants. As you look at the pitch, I'm behind and to the right of the drummer. Over the past few months there have been a few additions to the people who normally sit in that area. I used to quite like sitting there. I knew everyone around me, knew how to take their comments and enjoyed the banter with them. Football is about opinions and no two peoples are the same, hence the discussions and friendly banter. Now I am surrounded by idiots (I am watching my language). People who think they're 'ard. People who think their opinion is THE opinion and noone else can say anything. You know who you are. And no, you're not 'ard and you're not clever. Which is shown by the fact a girl and her dad argued with the big bully for you to get your seat back. And did you say thanks?! Did you balls. So the next time someone wants to smack you, I think we'll leave them to it you jumped up bleep.

There's a bloke who sits on the row in front of me. He spouts rubbish a lot and there isn't a game when you don't hear him shout "foul throw referee". But that's him. It's what he does. He goes with his son, who is now of the age to tell his dad he's talking rubbish! So what do the big 'ard lads do? Start having a go. At an old man with his son. Clever.

It's not the same where I sit anymore. (I'm near where the fight kicked off the other week, again, 'ard men but this time starting on kids.) I don't enjoy it. I get bald men leaning back in their seats. Why don't you just sit on my bleeding knee? You don't own the place but you have a go if I tell you to move. Cos you're 'ard and I'm a girl.

So it's not just the booing that's creating the negative atmosphere. It's the downright bullyish attitude of the idiots that are congregating together to intimidate other people.

And breathe..............

The atmpsphere in the Chaddy is pants. As you look at the pitch, I'm behind and to the right of the drummer. Over the past few months there have been a few additions to the people who normally sit in that area. I used to quite like sitting there. I knew everyone around me, knew how to take their comments and enjoyed the banter with them. Football is about opinions and no two peoples are the same, hence the discussions and friendly banter. Now I am surrounded by idiots (I am watching my language). People who think they're 'ard. People who think their opinion is THE opinion and noone else can say anything. You know who you are. And no, you're not 'ard and you're not clever. Which is shown by the fact a girl and her dad argued with the big bully for you to get your seat back. And did you say thanks?! Did you balls. So the next time someone wants to smack you, I think we'll leave them to it you jumped up bleep.

There's a bloke who sits on the row in front of me. He spouts rubbish a lot and there isn't a game when you don't hear him shout "foul throw referee". But that's him. It's what he does. He goes with his son, who is now of the age to tell his dad he's talking rubbish! So what do the big 'ard lads do? Start having a go. At an old man with his son. Clever.

It's not the same where I sit anymore. (I'm near where the fight kicked off the other week, again, 'ard men but this time starting on kids.) I don't enjoy it. I get bald men leaning back in their seats. Why don't you just sit on my bleeding knee? You don't own the place but you have a go if I tell you to move. Cos you're 'ard and I'm a girl.

So it's not just the booing that's creating the negative atmosphere. It's the downright bullyish attitude of the idiots that are congregating together to intimidate other people.

Move to the paddock Jacs. There's no-one like that there... :wink:

Move to the front then, we dont moan a lot, we like to try and get behind the lads every game, more the merrier, i go with my lad most of the time and admit sometimes say things I shouldnt but there's nowt wrong with a bit of passion is there. We have a young lady who comes and sits with us when she comes coz she says we are a laff!

Move to the front then, we dont moan a lot, we like to try and get behind the lads every game, more the merrier, i go with my lad most of the time and admit sometimes say things I shouldnt but there's nowt wrong with a bit of passion is there. We have a young lady who comes and sits with us when she comes coz she says we are a laff!

Cloughie who's an Everton fan was once again in attendance with us and he commented at how dull the chants sounded from the sole man in the Lookers upper. His exact words where "jeeze. How depressing does that chant sound." - It was after an "Oh When the Blues." - It's why they never picked up and no-one joined in with him. Fair play to him for giving it a go, as he was the only one willing too - but the way he was singing them was as uninspiring as the product on the pitch. A gruff monotone voice isnt going to catch on and get everyone in the stand bouncing.

Rocky, if someone had decided to join in, then perhaps the one person giving some vocal support to the team may not have sounded depressing.

Someone has to start the singing, but 95% of people will stop starting songs when no one joins in. Where was the support for the supporter?

Sav Where Abouts You Sit In Lookers? If You Dont Mind I Wouldnt Mind Sitting With You's And Having A Extra Person Trying To Get Some Athmosphere Going. When People Say The Crowd Noise Dosent Make A Difference They Obvi Dont Know What They Are On About. Just Think If A Player Does Great Passing Then The Team Do A Good Move We All Cheer Chant Songs Sing There Names What A Confidence Booster It Is Knowing The Fans Are Likeing What You Are Doing !!

Row L seats in region of 100 to 120.

If you are in the bar before the game, go towards the Rochdale Road End and take the last flight of steps into the Lookers Upper. Go towards the RRE again and up the next set of steps. At the top of those steps go to your left (back towards the Chaddy) and we are in that block there.

Back row is spoken for with Season Tickets but there are generally spare seats on the few rows in front of the back row.