Gillingham

Guest M_OAFC

After finally managing to secure an early finish at work for next Tuesday I went down to BP, bought a ticket for the Gillingham game, and then went straight into the club shop for a coach ticket - only to discover that they aren't running one!

What the hell is that all about! I know demand is likely to be very low but I remember them putting on a minibus to Bournemouth in similar circumstances a season or two ago and that was on a Saturday when people had other means of getting there. With this one it's impossible to see the final whistle and still get back to Manchester before daylight, be it by train or bus, and there is no way I can get time off on Wednesday as well.

I appreciate that the club can't afford to risk losing money on a heavily under capacity vehicle but it doesn't even have to be a big minibus, I've seen 7 seaters before today, and one of those is the driver, surely there must be 5 other people besides me that want to go!

And aren't they making the assumption that there is insufficient demand a bit early? I mean they've turned me away almost a full week prior to the match, give people chance! And for how many days before that have they been turning people away?

I know the club don't get any of the gate receipt money, and with the numbers we are talking it would be peanuts in the great scheme of things even if they did, but shouldn't they be doing a bit more to encourage people to support the team even if it is at an away game? Obviously the people making this trip will be the existing hard core and not new/lapsed fans that they are trying to attract, but even so I think it sends out the wrong message for us to be effectively turning away support regardless of the venue of the match, not to mention the fact that such loyal supporters deserve a little bit of loyalty in return.

And if I can't go they had better give me a refund on that match ticket because I sure as hell won't be taking no for an answer.

If I do miss this game it will be the first one home or away in all competitons since November 2005, some of which I've gone to pretty exceptional lengths to get to and whilst I appreciate where the club are coming from I have to say I am disapointed they haven't tried a bit harder to get around some of the obstacles.

I can see this being a very low crowd. Who arranges such a long distance away match just before the first payday after xmas!!!! Saying that OASIS will be having a big turn out ...... getting there at Lunch time :drinking45:

P.S they ran two mini buses to Bournemouth this year

I must admit, I'm quite shocked by this. I certainly can't remember the club failing to run any type of coach before. I'm sure that you will find someone who's driving who'll be kind enough to give you a lift.

If I do miss this game it will be the first one home or away in all competitons since November 2005, some of which I've gone to pretty exceptional lengths to get to and whilst I appreciate where the club are coming from I have to say I am disapointed they haven't tried a bit harder to get around some of the obstacles.

November 2005? Were you under the influence of alcohol in Geneva by any chance? :grin:

After finally managing to secure an early finish at work for next Tuesday I went down to BP, bought a ticket for the Gillingham game, and then went straight into the club shop for a coach ticket - only to discover that they aren't running one!

What the hell is that all about!.

I Did Exactly The Same !! A Mini Bus Wouldnt Cost That Much Would It ?? i can see how much one is to hire if anyone wantd to go. if any is organising one i would like to go :D

Think its appauling yet not surprising as all the club ever seem to do is reward part time fans with the in for a quid games or whatever yet loyal season ticket holders and hardcore fans get nothing. How many other clubs would not provide transport for away games surely we want fans there supporting the lads, and how the hell do they expect people to get the train at that time after the game its a joke. You hear about various clubs even giving free coach travel occasionally yet we do not even provide ANY and when we do it is extortianate. It would probably be £25 each so 8 people is £200 i cant see a minibus costing much more to be honest.

Think its appauling yet not surprising as all the club ever seem to do is reward part time fans with the in for a quid games or whatever yet loyal season ticket holders and hardcore fans get nothing. How many other clubs would not provide transport for away games surely we want fans there supporting the lads, and how the hell do they expect people to get the train at that time after the game its a joke. You hear about various clubs even giving free coach travel occasionally yet we do not even provide ANY and when we do it is extortianate. It would probably be £25 each so 8 people is £200 i cant see a minibus costing much more to be honest.

I was in the shop yesterday when they took a call from someone asking about this. Seems like there is the demand.

I maybe doing a minibus for this game !!!!!

If you would be interested in a seat please let me know on here ASAP !!!

Price etc to follow

Sorry to say that I have quoted £380 for 12 seater minibus with driver which is way to expensive !!

I could do it for a lot cheaper if someone wanted to drive it ??? Seems the DVLA have changed there requirments and now you have to have parts C1 and D1 on your Licence :disappointed:

There should be a coach if there's demand or not. So what if the clubs loses out on £500. If that's the difference between 5 or even a measly 10 people making the long trip to cheer on Latics - it's worth it. Especially when the likes of Tinny, etc are taking days off work in the hope there's transport available.

Sorry to say that I have quoted £380 for 12 seater minibus with driver which is way to expensive !!

I could do it for a lot cheaper if someone wanted to drive it ??? Seems the DVLA have changed there requirments and now you have to have parts C1 and D1 on your Licence :disappointed:

Anybody who passed there test pre 1993.94 should already have C1 & D1 on there licence as standard, it is only post 93/94 that the entitlement changed. I have C1 & D1 on my licence and i passed 92.

Anybody who passed there test pre 1993.94 should already have C1 & D1 on there licence as standard, it is only post 93/94 that the entitlement changed. I have C1 & D1 on my licence and i passed 92.

1992 !! still at school then :wink:

I have drove minibuses before for work etc but they have seemed to changed the rules nowadays even thou the DVLA says there are some exemptions ..

If I can get 12 to say YES to the minibus for 380/12 = 32 quid each it can be done and it will be driven by a driver !!

or anybody with the right parts to the licence and is willing to drive .. contact me ASAP and we can do a 15 seater for approx 18 quid a head ??? :shock: