How much other football do we watch?

garcon

Non Latics football matches  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever go to any football matches that don't involve Latics?

• Never - only ever watched Latics
    • A few times, but not regularly
    • A few times a season
    • Several times a season

Taken from the travel channel website:

Best Soccer Stadiums to See a Game

By James T. Fintel

4. Ibrox Stadium

What's Cool: Rangers fans love to sing, and their songs are just that — actual songs with melodies, not chants.

-----------------------------------------

A trip to the cold north of Britain to see the Glasgow Rangers Football Club is sure to "put some hairs on yer wee chest." At Ibrox, 50,500 Rangers fanatics have created one of the most fervent, electric matchday atmospheres in the entire world, and it's worth a look. Although fans of cross-town rival Glasgow Celtic will beg to differ (will insist on differing, in fact), Rangers FC are the class leaders of Scottish soccer, having won multiple titles.

All true, best ground, best atmospere, best singing ever. Hearing 50,000 singing follow follow makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. Get there at least once a season. Also, used to go to England, not so much now.

Taken from the travel channel website:

Best Soccer Stadiums to See a Game

By James T. Fintel

4. Ibrox Stadium

What's Cool: Rangers fans love to sing, and their songs are just that — actual songs with melodies, not chants.

-----------------------------------------

A trip to the cold north of Britain to see the Glasgow Rangers Football Club is sure to "put some hairs on yer wee chest." At Ibrox, 50,500 Rangers fanatics have created one of the most fervent, electric matchday atmospheres in the entire world, and it's worth a look. Although fans of cross-town rival Glasgow Celtic will beg to differ (will insist on differing, in fact), Rangers FC are the class leaders of Scottish soccer, having won multiple titles.

All true, best ground, best atmospere, best singing ever. Hearing 50,000 singing follow follow makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. Get there at least once a season. Also, used to go to England, not so much now.

Couldn't agree more,I went to watch Aberdeen there a couple of seasons ago.

i used to work in london fairly regular taking old aeroplanes to hendon..

always tried to catch a game during the week if so..

saw spurs spank hartlepool 6-0 or something similar ... and chelsea v newcastle too all early 90's

was based near oxford so got to see them (anyone remeber when latics got battered 5-1 there??) and swindon from time to time. basically i much prefer to watch live footy...watching stuff on the telly sends me to sleep!

Get to Stalybridge Celtic a couple of times a season. Used to be more if we were away and I couldn't get there (usually 3 or 4 times a season)....but now we've LaticsWorld, I'm glued to that when I can't get away. Thus don't get to Bower Fold as much. Made the FA Cup game vs Workington this season when our game vs Swindon was off due to call ups. I picked a cracker....they got stuffed 5-0! Maybe I should stay away.

Speaking of which, 'Bridge Celtic have won 7 games in a row now, are right behind Hyde who hold the last playoff berth and play top of the table Kettering on Sat! Would love to see a Stalybridge-Hyde playoff, but Tipton and co are bottling it, while Hall bangs em in for fun. 4 goals in a 5-3 win the other week.

I go to watch the mighty Chonburi FC every week. We won the Thai Premier League last season and will be playing Champions League football next season.

I also go and watch the Thai national team whenever they play at home. However, my loyalty is being tested at the moment as Wacky Tacky seems to be using them as his own personal PR exercise. He couldn't have cared less about football, not even Thai football, whilst he was PM but now seems to be it's number one fan. What a c o c k that man is!!!!

I used to go and watch Burton Albion at Eton Park when I lived in the area. Likewise Carlisle and Netherfield (now Kendal Town) when I lived in Cumbria.

Went to watch Scotland v Holland at Villa Park in Euro 96. I was bored senseless and decided the not to bother going to watch any more matches that didn't feature Latics.

Watch plenty on TV and the odd bit of Sunday League (on the way back from the Baths, we sit in the car with a brew and a bacon butty) but I am not interested in watching any other teams.

Not a bad idea watching other teams as a neutral. l wonder have many neutrals go and watch latics. I went to masters football in mancheser last year propably going this year as well l think Leister won or Wovles not to sure but l know it went to penalties.

Edited by spadam

I go Rochdale when I can. Home or away. Had the oppurtunity to go Chesterfield on Wednesday, but the fact i've already been there with Dale and havent been well told me No. I'll be there tomorrow against the Yorkie's.

I love it myself. Real family club. Well has to be seeing as most of my family on my mum's side are Dale fans. Only issue I have with the club is they have a new 'muppet choir' who have come right out of the film Green Street. Well that and the fact that people in United tops freely walk around the ground. It's pretty disgusting to see more United shirts than Dale at a Rochdale home game. You're there to support Rochdale afterall. Very helpful club who look after their own. They have some very passionate fans who make you welcome. There's pubs on the doorstep.

I started really going with my Uncle Mick in the Steve Whitehall days when I was in Primary. Only the odd tuesday night games and i've always had a connection since. Get me in Dale's ground and i'll hate Burnley, B*ry and Halifax as much as the next man. In High school we used to get free tickets and so built up a decent number of us. Which peaked between 30-40 depending on who we were playing. Add to that the kids from other schools on freebies and the atmosphere in that stand towards the back 90's was good. Even better that the club was at it's strongest it had been for decades and starting to challenge for promotion. Favourite away's used to be the £2.50 buses from town hall to Halifax away. Great Times.

Havent been much as i'd like in recent years, but that's because Latics is the priority.

I've also been all over watching Castleton Gabriels in the North West Counties League. The likes of Daisy Hill, Holker Old Boys in a Transit van with the players, more than I can care to mention.

Oh and Celtic. Cant forget the mighty green and white and the odd Albion Rovers game.

Somehow still managed to get to loads of Oldham games. Though most of my Dale days came in the late 90's when my dad and brother couldnt be much bothered with Latics anymore.

been to P.N.E a few times this season and they are definately relegation material, forced to go through work commitments at a childrens home in Preston

Could not agree more, they look like going down.

I watch Rochdale and Preston a few times this season. Me Dad and sister are season ticket holders at Dale and the Mrs is a Preston lass. And if things keep going to form we could end up playing them both next season. Also ended watching City vs Norwich in the league cup, that was the most boring game of my season so far.

I cheat on Latics regularly, I actually go to more non 'tics games than 'tics games. The shame!

This season I havent been out and about much but have chalked up 4 England games, 2 Watford, 2 Reading & 2 Chesham. Have a Fulham and a Schalke on the horizon, not forgetting the shamefulness of that shower and their Italian manager in a few weeks.

But however often I may wander, there is only one true faith!

Try as I might i just get bored... and drift off... and despite watching any game possible on the telebox, I just aint interested in watching anyone else live - that actually goes for any sport, I just cant get into it unless I have some sort of personal interest in the game... Think part of going to any live sporting event is having an interest in who wins.. and feeling part of the crowd - if I dont have that, i just think it is all a bit pointless....

I know that feeling!

Been to a few over the years mainly when living in London. QPR a couple of times (my mum's fiance is a fan unfortunately!). Fulham for a couple of seasons while I was working there. Couple of FA Cup and internationals at the old Wembley whilst stewarding. L**ds in the directors box a couple of times. All of them boring as you can't really get behind one team. Even at Leeds where it's easy to support whoever they are playing, one time just didn't even come out for the second half and stayed in the free bar :grin::drinking45: :drinking45: The look on Ridsdale's face! :angry::laught30: :laught30:

I live 2 minutes from York City's ground and am yet to go to a match. I think it's the lack of motivation as it's not my beloved Latics.

I will go and watch any live football i can but only when there isnt a latics game to go to either at home or away.

When city moved into eastlands they played a lot of Sunday games and midweek games because they got into the Uefa cup through the fair play league so i went watching them in the prem on Sundays and the Uefa cup games on Wednesdays or thursdays ,even traveled to Belgium with my mate who was a city fan to watch them play sporting Lokeren!

I also Go and watch the scVm quite often as well mainly champions league games, last two i went to were last season where my mate another die hard Latics fan got free tickets and we were the only two behind the goal not going mental when they beat Roma 7-1 although outside the ground before the game was quite interesting! Also saw them beat milan last year too.

Go watching Droylsden when i can and of course Ashton United!!

I Love Love Football at any level.

Edited by KYLEOAFC