Not good enough

Rudemedic:

Having "His finishing isn't brilliant and his decision making is appalling at times" and "Davies is a quality player IMHO for this division" doesn't say much for the league!

Yes I know that players with all the right attributes won't play at this level but he's an average player at this level.

I think Davies COULD be a quality player at this level over time. At the moment his decision making and finishing are just ridiculously poor for him to be that. His vision isnt great, his ball control lets him down, and he tries to do too much. I think he's got a lot of work to do but potential is there. I just fear that if this run continues, it could ruin that potential.....A few times lately, he's started to sulk towards the end of the game - brighton in particular where he stomped straight down the tunnel.

Meh, so i contradicted myself so what. Davies is a quality player for this league (the only 2 forwards from Oldham i'd have in front of him in the years we've been in it are Hughes and Beckett- and Davies is a lot younger than both of those) however, his finishing isn't great and his decision making is poor but that's stuff which can be taught he's got what can't be taught and as such we should try and motivate him as much as possible. Davies is not a 25 goals a season guy but he's the sort of player that the opposition have to mark properly otherwise he will take them apart. You can tell how good Davies is/ could be by how much trouble he gave Everton's centre halfs. There's a reason he's played for Wales despite still being under 21 (and Wales have some good forwards).

I've not disagreed that he has potential, or that he can take a team apart in some games. The problem is his worst assests are possibly the hardest things to learn in my estimation (from my years playing up front)

Decision Making

Finishing

You tend to find that good finishers always have been. There are not many players who learn how to finish. I hope he goes on to scores 100's of goals, hopefully for latics but he has to take some criticism.

I've not disagreed that he has potential, or that he can take a team apart in some games. The problem is his worst assests are possibly the hardest things to learn in my estimation (from my years playing up front)

Decision Making

Finishing

You tend to find that good finishers always have been. There are not many players who learn how to finish. I hope he goes on to scores 100's of goals, hopefully for latics but he has to take some criticism.

No, but there are players who have purple patches and barren spells. I disagree about his finishing....he's a cracking finisher when not having a barren spell. His decision making is questionable...if he has to think, he usually doesn't do the right option. When he's instinctive, it pays off.

No, but there are players who have purple patches and barren spells. I disagree about his finishing....he's a cracking finisher when not having a barren spell. His decision making is questionable...if he has to think, he usually doesn't do the right option. When he's instinctive, it pays off.

Davies is young and raw, decision making comes with experience. As many have said.. once he gets a goal he'll go on another run like the start of the season.

One thing more infuriating than Davies.. bloody Authorization Mismatch on here!!!!