Not good enough

Happy with 2 points in two away games???

I don't think i am to be honest after playing a team of 10 men for 60 minutes and struggleing again. Craig Davies - sounds liek he's had a shocker, as he has for weeks on end now - why he hasn't been dropped on occasion i do not know. Youngsters can't get a chance even when a striker goes through a patch like CD is doing.....thats not right in my opinion

We need a striker - and we need some creativity back in the side......it's lacked since kk left....4 games - 2 goals and once of them was the evrtone one which didn't take much creating.

<_<:mmm::mmm::mmm::mmm:

I don't think i am to be honest after playing a team of 10 men for 60 minutes and struggleing again. Craig Davies - sounds liek he's had a shocker, as he has for weeks on end now - why he hasn't been dropped on occasion i do not know. Youngsters can't get a chance even when a striker goes through a patch like CD is doing.....thats not right in my opinion

We need a striker - and we need some creativity back in the side......it's lacked since kk left....4 games - 2 goals and once of them was the evrtone one which didn't take much creating.

Drop Davies and replace him with ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................................

:mmm:

KOTK

shocker? he got into goal scoring positions on numerous occaisions. ok, he missed, but at least he was where he should be.

needs to work on variety of shot from the sound of it, but hardly a shocker.

2 away draws and people are moaning. brilliant.

One defeat in 17 matches. No goals conceeded in 2 away matches. Davies hit the post twice. Thier keeper got sent off handling outside his area to prevent a certain Davies goal.

In recent years we would have been DELIGHTED with 2 points from 2 away matches. Blame the home form.

What did Hughes do today? Why is all Davies fault?

(I had connection problems, so couldn't hear all the game)

shocker? he got into goal scoring positions on numerous occaisions. ok, he missed, but at least he was where he should be.

needs to work on variety of shot from the sound of it, but hardly a shocker.

2 away draws and people are moaning. brilliant.

He hit the post twice and missed with two others - hardly a shocker

here we go!! 3 senior pros missing for a while now, 2 defeats in 17, 10 unbeaten away, 2 clean sheets on the bounce away from home..and the average age of the squad is?!?!?.......good to see our 'youngsters' holding their own against some difficult opposition - 10 men or not.

Let's try and get behind them saturday for a change at home and help 'em turn th' yorkies over!!

I agree with Rick where was Hughes tonight? Not fair to have a go at Davies as he came very close twice and on other occasions they would of gone in but he's been unlucky recently. To get a point on long journeys isnt easy and two clean sheets aswel shows our solidness at the back. Some fans need to realise it's been a lot crapper than this and It's not as bad as people are making out. A win on Saturday and everything seems a hell of a lot brighter but I think we shouldnt expect much in the league this year.

far from a moaner - in fact i'm quite the opposite......never booed a player in 20 years of watching Oldham

What people have to realise is that criticising is not the same as moaning....i'm not sitting here going "craig davies is rubbish - drop him and get rid" i'm making a point that not scoring in 10 games and having a number of opportunites where he should have scored and others where rolling a simple ball sets up a certain goal is not good enough.

The lad is young - you can look at it both ways - yes, he just needs a goal for confidence, but on the flipside, if he goes another 10 without a goal, he'll be in a far worse position than he is now. All i'm saying is you look at Wolfenden, Allesendra and whoever else may be pushing for a game....They don't even get the last 10/15 mins to show how good they are/can be. After the friendlies, Allesendra was going to make a big impact on the team - since his return from injury he's played what - 10 minutes???

I listened to the Gillingham radio tonight - i like to get a less biased view than latics world...and according to them, although he hit the woodwork twice, he missed an absolute sitter and wasted opportunities by taking riduclous efforts on. Something we've all seen him do this season. From outside/edge of are, he's had many a shot and scored maybe 2 (Hudds and 1 i can't quite remember).

Like i say - not necessarily concentrating 100% on positives can be a good thing! I just wish some people would realise that.

I listened to the Gillingham radio tonight - i like to get a less biased view than latics world...and according to them, although he hit the woodwork twice, he missed an absolute sitter and wasted opportunities by taking riduclous efforts on.

Latics World said just the same.

far from a moaner - in fact i'm quite the opposite......never booed a player in 20 years of watching Oldham

What people have to realise is that criticising is not the same as moaning....i'm not sitting here going "craig davies is rubbish - drop him and get rid" i'm making a point that not scoring in 10 games and having a number of opportunites where he should have scored and others where rolling a simple ball sets up a certain goal is not good enough.

The lad is young - you can look at it both ways - yes, he just needs a goal for confidence, but on the flipside, if he goes another 10 without a goal, he'll be in a far worse position than he is now. All i'm saying is you look at Wolfenden, Allesendra and whoever else may be pushing for a game....They don't even get the last 10/15 mins to show how good they are/can be. After the friendlies, Allesendra was going to make a big impact on the team - since his return from injury he's played what - 10 minutes???

I listened to the Gillingham radio tonight - i like to get a less biased view than latics world...and according to them, although he hit the woodwork twice, he missed an absolute sitter and wasted opportunities by taking riduclous efforts on. Something we've all seen him do this season. From outside/edge of are, he's had many a shot and scored maybe 2 (Hudds and 1 i can't quite remember).

Like i say - not necessarily concentrating 100% on positives can be a good thing! I just wish some people would realise that.

Perhaps listening to Gillingham Radio has swayed you too far towards the dark side.

Having Not Good Enough as your post header certainly seems to be very negative - hence the response you got IMHO.

Perhaps listening to Gillingham Radio has swayed you too far towards the dark side.

Having Not Good Enough as your post header certainly seems to be very negative - hence the response you got IMHO.

Is it good enough?

For me - no - I'm disappointed, i'd rather have lost saturday and won tonight. From what i can tell - they were there for the taking and we didn't deliver.....hence not good enough

What people have to realise is that criticising is not the same as moaning....

2 pts in 2 away games.....I'm delighted thanks very, very, very much! Just coz we win 7 in a row on the road....it ain't going to keep happening. To not lose ANY away game is an achievement, playing well or not. Now if you want to turn your attention to the home form, then I'm all for it! But nope....away from home, a point is great. 3 is superb....but the 2pts away from home recently only looks bad to some because of us not doing it at home. When it shouldn't look bad whatsoever....

Edited by boundaryblue80

Meh. I 'love' it when people who don't go to games moan about the performances of the players. I'll admit Davies was poor against Yeovil but he didn't get great service either (a lot of balls hoofed deep to him to jump against a big lump of a centre half who's best attribute was clearly his heading). Davies is a quality player IMHO for this division and he can cause defences a lot of trouble given he's quite big and very quick. His finishing isn't brilliant and his decision making is appalling at times but he's a centre forward and can be selfish at times. I'd like to see us play with 2 wingers (Smalley and Taylor) on Saturday as there isn't anyone in midfield who can pick a pass to the front men but they aren't bad at simple balls out wide. With 2 wingers who can beat a man (although they don't always try) we might get some crosses in and create chances that way. Also both Taylor and Smalley are both good in the air and along with Davies who isn't bad either we might win some ball and the other forward (probably Wolfy) can look to see if he can get on the end of the knockdowns. I personally think it might be worth a try (and we certainly looked a lot better at Yeovil when we did play with 2 wingers).

Perhaps you are the one who could teach him?

OK I'll have a go.

"Now then lad, you've done great to get yourself infront of goal 3 yards out with no-one between you and the net. Now imagine Hughsey is standing at the back of the net, just pass the ball to him. Like you would if he was the one with the goal scoring chance!"

What could be simpler.

Seriously though, I do appreciate the fact that he is getting into goal scoring positions, he's just so ***** frustrating.

2 pts in 2 away games.....I'm delighted thanks very, very, very much! Just coz we win 7 in a row on the road....it ain't going to keep happening. To not lose ANY away game is an achievement, playing well or not. Now if you want to turn your attention to the home form, then I'm all for it! But nope....away from home, a point is great. 3 is superb....but the 2pts away from home recently only looks bad to some because of us not doing it at home. When it shouldn't look bad whatsoever....

I'm only disappointed after the games - last friday - 2 points, still undefeated would have been a decent result but on reflection of the two games, i think we should have had 3 points minimum. Thats all i'm saying.

Rudemedic:

Having "His finishing isn't brilliant and his decision making is appalling at times" and "Davies is a quality player IMHO for this division" doesn't say much for the league!

Yes I know that players with all the right attributes won't play at this level but he's an average player at this level.

I think Davies COULD be a quality player at this level over time. At the moment his decision making and finishing are just ridiculously poor for him to be that. His vision isnt great, his ball control lets him down, and he tries to do too much. I think he's got a lot of work to do but potential is there. I just fear that if this run continues, it could ruin that potential.....A few times lately, he's started to sulk towards the end of the game - brighton in particular where he stomped straight down the tunnel.

Edited by Fruitygoo

Is it good enough? Yep, two away games, two clean sheets is good enough in my book

For me - no - I'm disappointed, i'd rather have lost saturday and won tonight. From what i can tell - they were there for the taking and we didn't deliver.....hence not good enough I understand that if we had won one and lost one that we would be one point better off, but I can't wish that my team lost. By all accounts, the lads battled their socks off for the draw on Saturday

Could it have been better? Yep, if we had scored in either game we would have won.

I understand your frustration, but I believe we need to keep the faith and support the lad - I am convinced he will come good if we keep off his back.