Agreed.

He hid for the last 20 mins when we needed him most.....I can accept players being out of form or even not any good but he hid and i cant accept that....I want him out of the club.....I would rather see smalley and wolfy busting a gut than him there taking the mikey.....

Edited by oafc0000

I completely disaagree - I think he's totally out of form. I dont think he hid either - he is though out of form and needs a rest. Wolfenden IMO wount make the grade, I get continually annoyed with this Pick on davies attitude. The bloke behind me at Yeovil got a gobful for it from me and so did the bloke behind me today. He was no worse than anone else.

Mentions for Neal Eardley in the first half who was excellent and JPK who was my Latics man of the match til he came off.

I completely disaagree - I think he's totally out of form. I dont think he hid either - he is though out of form and needs a rest. Wolfenden IMO wount make the grade, I get continually annoyed with this Pick on davies attitude. The bloke behind me at Yeovil got a gobful for it from me and so did the bloke behind me today. He was no worse than anone else.

Mentions for Neal Eardley in the first half who was excellent and JPK who was my Latics man of the match til he came off.

That fine if you disagreed....I disagreed with people last week about davies...but i was wrong....

Also dont you dare describe me as someone that picks on davies. I have been defending him over the last couple of weeks. But I watched him closely today and he took the mikey. And becareful about turning around and giving people a godfull......it isnt wise.... People are intitled to there opinion and you might give a gobfull to the wrong person next time...

Edited by oafc0000

Its funny isnt it...coz when we signed him, i read on other forums wolves fans slaggin him off! "greedy....cant shoot" just some of the words used!

the lad has potential, it was earlier in the season championship and even premiership scouts were watchin him!!

think we are begining to see the reasons why wolves didnt sign him!

Its funny isnt it...coz when we signed him, i read on other forums wolves fans slaggin him off! "greedy....cant shoot" just some of the words used!

the lad has potential, it was earlier in the season championship and even premiership scouts were watchin him!!

think we are begining to see the reasons why wolves didnt sign him!

Two things he needs to improve....attitude and finishing ability..... Shez needs to rip him a new hole or show him the door.....and he need working with to improve his shooting....

Why does McDonald always escape criticism ?...anonymous yet again today.

Agreed.... I didnt like McDonald before or after the Everton game..... Sorry garry but one wonder goal dosent make you a good player... Buck your ideas....he is one of the players I watched and didnt put enough effort in today...

If every one else is singing from the same hymn sheet. Have you thought it might just be you who is wrong about

Davies? I have to say though that at least he showed disappointment today when yet another of his shots flew wide.... :(

Edited by happyterryb

Davies didn't hide today at all. The service to him was dreadful. He then comes back to win it but there's nobody ahead of him. If you would sooner have Wolfy and Smalley upfront then your mad.

If you want to continue to play Davies up front week in week out with his shooting ability your mad....

Can I just point something out....

Effort is not reciving the ball to your feet and running with it... Something Davies did all game....

Effort is running after lost causes....coming back for incorrectly waited balls....challenging defenders for the ball in the air...getting in the box and trying to get on the end of a cross and not hiding on the edge.....etc etc etc

Edited by oafc0000

Effort is not reciving the ball to your feet and running with it... Something Davies did all game....

Effort is running after lost causes....coming back for incorrectly waited balls....challenging defenders for the ball in the air...getting in the box and trying to get on the end of a cross and not hiding on the edge.....etc etc etc

Agreed - Davies showed a lot of effort. Just picks the wrong option.

In other words Luke Beckett. Not the quickest, nor the most skillful, but he was everything today that Davies isn't.

E4e

TRIER

Jeez! It is hate on Davies day today :)

I admit he didn't have a great game today(!), but I do think that there are a few reasons for this.

Confidence, mainly. He doesn't look like a player who is going out on the park believing in himself, like he was when he was netting on a regular basis.

He isn't an out-and-out striker, not in the slightest. People all around me today slating him for not being in the middle, "that's where you ****** need to be Davies...". Blahblah.

He isn't a leading-the-line player, not a target man and is often played balls for him to flick on. To whom? Himself? He had to in the last home game.

I don't think he deserves slating, he just needs a goal. He's desperate to get it and clearly is suffering for it.

But this is what happens with a small squad, having to play with people out-of-form, not fully fit (Taylor?), not at their peak.

If he'd scored today we'd all be singing his praises, no matter if he'd been greedy/lazy or whatever.

Keep the Faith