Leon Clarke

I'd still try and buy him, 22, knows where the net is, 6 foot odd and the ball sticks to him.

If he is a bit lame then Weds should knock some money off.

Saw him in the Sheffield derby. He only got a 10 minute spell and seemed a bit gangly. Wouldn't say NO though

Do we really want a 'lump' upfront.... won't that just encourage the team to hoof the ball. As was seen on Tuesday night, once Hughes went off we played very nicely with passing and through balls. Just a thought really...I suppose its good to have the target man option...

Do we really want a 'lump' upfront.... won't that just encourage the team to hoof the ball. As was seen on Tuesday night, once Hughes went off we played very nicely with passing and through balls. Just a thought really...I suppose its good to have the target man option...

I have thought the same thing all this month when we keep saying "target man" "a big lad".

Surely someone who just scores goals will be fine.

It is but in doing so (if we are) we're limiting ourselves to an even smaller select amount of players than we usually do.

Agreed to a point. We are a small squad now so averyone would be in the frame for a game. It would depend on whether Sheridan comes up with a plan B.

Agreed to a point. We are a small squad now so averyone would be in the frame for a game. It would depend on whether Sheridan comes up with a plan B.

I guess there is that. In a squad of our size a bit of variety would help a lot especially those times when teams seem to have us sussed from the off. Well, down to Shez now....

its nice to have options though isn't it. Ricketts was a big un who could hold up the ball when required.

Fair enough if a player can do nothing else but have the ball bounce off him from long hoofs, but if he can score and create himself then it's a good option.