Super League

Kicks off with the Rhino's taking on Hull KR tomorrow evening - should be another really good season in which see attendance figures go up again.

See Saints and Leeds haven't really signed anyone, having said that both have an outstanding crop of youngsters coming through especially Saints with young Matty Smith (who imo deserved to play in the Grand Final where Seany Boy was upstaged by Rob Burrow) and Steven Tyrer. I think Wigan will be a big threat this season and Warrington look much stronger. (My dark horses for the Grand Final)

I'm hoping Oldham do very well this year too and with the calibre of the signings they should do. I just hope they aren't decimated by injuries as usual. What do you think of their new GB style home shirt?

[saints] haven't really signed anyone...

As you rightly point out - there's some cracking players coming through the ranks. Which is testiment to the effort they are putting in at the Academy.

I reckon Leeds will fail in retaining the Super League though...

I hope it will be a Saints - Wigan Grand Final.

The new GB top is ace, better than Blue Sleeves. Plus the new Saints top is a cracker - looks similar to the shirt they put out two seasons ago - but that was a belter too. I didn't like last years effort. I prefer a definate V.

The new GB top is ace, better than Blue Sleeves. Plus the new Saints top is a cracker - looks similar to the shirt they put out two seasons ago - but that was a belter too. I didn't like last years effort. I prefer a definate V.

D'oh - must read the post properly in future! I haven't seen the Oldham top this year - do you have a link?

D'oh - must read the post properly in future! I haven't seen the Oldham top this year - do you have a link?

Here yer go Fella.

http://www.roughyeds.co.uk/images/2008kit.jpg

PS Would love a Saints v Pie Munchers Grand Final, was hoping for that last season, although it would have caused World War III at Chateau Prozac with me a Saint and the Mrs and her dad being dirty filthy Wigan Fans!

Here yer go Fella.

http://www.roughyeds.co.uk/images/2008kit.jpg

PS Would love a Saints v Pie Munchers Grand Final, was hoping for that last season, although it would have caused World War III at Chateau Prozac with me a Saint and the Mrs and her dad being dirty filthy Wigan Fans!

Didn't realise the Roughyeds were at 'home' tonight v Swinton, might mosey on down and have a nosey. As i'll miss the opener tomorrow night as 'm going to Swansea for my sins. If I go i'll report on how badly they mess the pitch up!

I hate Leeds....

Excellent effort though. Great also that my lads are really taking an interest in RL particularly the eldest who sat transfixed throughout the second half cheering on Hull KR! He can now explain what double movement is - probably better than Stevo!

Hopefully, this game is an indication of the Season to come with most sides being competitive. I think Wire may be decent shots to break the Saints/ Rhinos domination this time around..

Eee - Good lad, there's nowt wrong with th'Northern Union!

HKR gifted Rhinos the bloody game, its so frustrating.

You're right of course, the game hopefully was an indication of a really open league this season...

Eee - Good lad, there's nowt wrong with th'Northern Union!

HKR gifted Rhinos the bloody game, its so frustrating.

You're right of course, the game hopefully was an indication of a really open league this season...

Missed the Leeds/HUll KR game live as I was on my way back from Swansea. Sky+ed it and watched it this morning. Hull were superb for 70 minutes but were made to pay for running out of steam/losing their concentration, thats what seperates Leeds and Saints from the rest....they play for 80 minutes. On another note, what a flaming galaa the new leeds coach is, is there such a thing as an Aussie Redneck 'cos McClennan is!