new signing

Not impressed.

We might as well have stuck with Alessandra and Smalley, or even play Allott up front. Why bring in another 20 year old? Just how is he going to bring more to the squad than what we have already? I really can't get my head around the logic.

I know Sheridan turned down the offer of experience because of a desire for a longer contract and I respect that fact. But could we please be told who it was that he turned down!

The only plus point is, that this lad may score on his debut, being an unknown quantity to the opposition. If that gets us three points, then great, but it's hardly a solution, is it? Good luck to him, as he is pulling on the blue shirt and deserves our support.

Not impressed.

We might as well have stuck with Alessandra and Smalley, or even play Allott up front. Why bring in another 20 year old? Just how is he going to bring more to the squad than what we have already? I really can't get my head around the logic.

I know Sheridan turned down the offer of experience because of a desire for a longer contract and I respect that fact. But could we please be told who it was that he turned down!

The only plus point is, that this lad may score on his debut, being an unknown quantity to the opposition. If that gets us three points, then great, but it's hardly a solution, is it? Good luck to him, as he is pulling on the blue shirt and deserves our support.

There is one thing that this lad has experienced several times in his young life, whereas Smalley and Alessandra are still waiting for the first time. Guess what it is?

At 20yo and 5ft 9ins (according to wikipedia) he's not quite the big experienced target man many think is needed, but if he scores goals that won't matter.

He's taller than that mate. At least 6' he played against us last season for Northampton and from the vids of him on the LW archive he looks quite gangly.

Not impressed.

Just because he is 20 doesnt make him similar to Smalley or Alessandra does it.

I can think of plenty of 20 year olds that any of you would have in the team at the drop of a hat. Rooney would walk into any team at 20, so would Micheal Owen and Scholesy. Lets see what he can do first.

I have full faith in Shez that this lad can do the business. When im proved wrong i will hold my hands up and admit i was wrong to be optomistic about it.

Lets wait until after tongiths game and see eh?

At 20yo and 5ft 9ins (according to wikipedia) he's not quite the big experienced target man many think is needed, but if he scores/creates goals that won't matter.

any port in a storm eh...

the good thing about this signing,which has prolly baffled most on here as to why when we already have smally wolfy n aless,is the fact he has more league experience,and he has scored some goals.

can i suggest we wait to see him play first before consigning him to the doom n gloom scrap heap.

There is one thing that this lad has experienced several times in his young life, whereas Smalley and Alessandra are still waiting for the first time. Guess what it is?

Exactly... he has played in worse teams than us - and scored goals... unfortunately, on that front he is streets ahead of Smalley and Ales.... I'm guessing at least 15 full starts between em now and no goals....

His age has nothing to do with it... davies is only a year older....

The whole point is that it is not a solution, its a patch up job... 1 month until Hughes, davies and Lids are fit again... We have two strikers at the club (and wolfy) no matter who it is we need the extra bodies... I liked what isaw of this kid, and he is rated hightly - if huges is back on saturday which was initially muted - it will be a good addition... a secondary, young striker who can score goals...

I bet he might also be up for grabs in the close season... and interesting little chance for the kid to show what he can do...

Not impressed.

:censored: me atleast let him play a couple of times.

Lets wait until after tongiths game and see eh?

Prefer to wait until the end of the month, can't be any worse than Paul Beavers or Kenny Cooper..........................................................................

.................................................................................

.........................................or can he............... :ohno: ??????

Edited by oafcprozac

Prefer to wait until the end of the month, can't be any worse than Paul Beavers or Kenny Cooper..........................................................................

.................................................................................

.........................................or can he............... :ohno: ??????

Legend in my eyes just for that goal against Stoke was it on a tuesday night?