'If'...

after sittin there freeeeezing my nadz off tonight.....if we don`t make the play offs this year, i for one will be especially peed off.

the constant naggin feelin i have is "as a club, we`re not even trying to make it this year".

in terms of serious play off ambitions, letting trotman go was a BAD sign of lack of ambition.....the club should have held on to him to really show us all that it really means business `THIS YEAR`........they had now`t to lose as he would still have been sell-able at any time with the amount of clubs drooling over his signature.

since he`s gone, i for one feel like i have been let down and even conned by the club that i love........we suddenly had an un-expected 750k wad of cash to help us get into the play offs........yet shez has done next to nothing about it in terms of attracting the players we need to the club.

that`s the bit were i feel conned and peed off if we don`t make it this year.........we deffo could have made it.......but the money that you pay to sit there freezin yer nadz off has remained virtually `one way`.

transfer wise, shez has dithered all season........he should finally put the money where his mouth is`NOW`and go all out `ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK`in the transfer market for us.

`IF` that finally happened.........at least my feeling of `i`m being conned here` will have no choice but to go out the door.

after sittin there freeeeezing my nadz off tonight.....if we don`t make the play offs this year, i for one will be especially peed off.

the constant naggin feelin i have is "as a club, we`re not even trying to make it this year".

in terms of serious play off ambitions, letting trotman go was a BAD sign of lack of ambition.....the club should have held on to him to really show us all that it really means business `THIS YEAR`........they had now`t to lose as he would still have been sell-able at any time with the amount of clubs drooling over his signature.

since he`s gone, i for one feel like i have been let down and even conned by the club that i love........we suddenly had an un-expected 750k wad of cash to help us get into the play offs........yet shez has done next to nothing about it in terms of attracting the players we need to the club.

that`s the bit were i feel conned and peed off if we don`t make it this year.........we deffo could have made it.......but the money that you pay to sit there freezin yer nadz off has remained virtually `one way`.

transfer wise, shez has dithered all season........he should finally put the money where his mouth is`NOW`and go all out `ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK`in the transfer market for us.

`IF` that finally happened.........at least my feeling of `i`m being conned here` will have no choice but to go out the door.

Agree to a point

There has been to much talking and not enough action this year form the managment team.

However, re trotman, we didnt have a choice. If it was left till summer and he turned down a new deal we would have been lucky to get 100k

:laught16:

reality check over here please!!!

:applause1:

:laught16:

reality check over here please!!!

And your reasons? Are we to expect a well considered but critical response as to why you disagree, or just a simple line of ridicule at someone's opinion?

Personally, I don't agree that selling Trotman was bad business as we were strong in cover at the time, but I hoped the side would be strengthened in the transfer window allowing us to put a balanced side out with no-one having to play out of position.

Before we hear that same old rubbish about Sheridan trying but failing to make decent signings, other teams appear to have managed to successfully strengthen their sides.

And your reasons? Are we to expect a well considered but critical response as to why you disagree, or just a simple line of ridicule at someone's opinion?

Personally, I don't agree that selling Trotman was bad business as we were strong in cover at the time, but I hoped the side would be strengthened in the transfer window allowing us to put a balanced side out with no-one having to play out of position.

Before we hear that same old rubbish about Sheridan trying but failing to make decent signings, other teams appear to have managed to successfully strengthen their sides.

touchy again i see....or have you got a troll bonnet on?

lets just say we aint flushed with money..bills have to be paid.

TTA are paying bills of around £800,000 per year ,yet some people fail to grasp this.

secondly,we ain't in any position to offer any incoming players above average wages...and money makes the football world go round.

thirdly,i think shez was spot on regarding this striker who wanted a 2 year deal without a loan period...we've seen enough :censored: in our time without being lumbered with someone for 2 years if it wasn't happening.

four...who to say what is being said in the boardroom regarding this season?..maybe its a case of"save transfer kitty for next season,lets try and push this one,but heave-ho next season.

and finally...

"Before we hear that same old rubbish about Sheridan trying but failing to make decent signings, other teams appear to have managed to successfully strengthen their sides."

i refer you to your original troll question...

"And your reasons? Are we to expect a well considered but critical response as to why you disagree, or just a simple line of ridicule at someone's opinion?"

MMMMM????

i think shez was spot on regarding this striker who wanted a 2 year deal without a loan period...we've seen enough :censored: in our time without being lumbered with someone for 2 years if it wasn't happening.

four...who to say what is being said in the boardroom regarding this season?..maybe its a case of"save transfer kitty for next season,lets try and push this one,but heave-ho next season.

coz shez messed up big time by goin for a three year job with ricketts, he`s now either under orders, or because of it has become just too dithery and scared to confidently give anyone a contract ( too un-informed)......that has cost us badly too many times this season already.

plus.....iif what your suggesting that the secret talk in the boardroom has become to just `wait till next season` etc........that is something which would be well out of order..... and a total con of the fans.

if our young guns finally do the biz this year and get us in the top six for a play off spot, then shezzzez high stakes gamblin with our loyalty and money will pay off.

if they don`t ......i will feel conned and let down big time this year......coz for all his talk, shez ameteurly failed to get anyone in where it mattered time and again.

coz shez messed up big time by goin for a three year job with ricketts, he`s now either under orders, or because of it has become just too dithery and scared to confidently give anyone a contract ( too un-informed)......that has cost us badly too many times this season already.

plus.....iif what your suggesting that the secret talk in the boardroom has become to just `wait till next season` etc........that is something which would be well out of order..... and a total con of the fans.

if our young guns finally do the biz this year and get us in the top six for a play off spot, then shezzzez high stakes gamblin with our loyalty and money will pay off.

if they don`t ......i will feel conned and let down big time this year......coz for all his talk, shez ameteurly failed to get anyone in where it mattered time and again.

eh???????

ricketts had a clause put in his contract-by latics-and shez choose to use it...and he got rid.

did i state the boardroom talk as a matter of fact or a scenario?

con to the fans?...if you feel so aggrieved and feel conned,don't go back-use your rights to freedom of movement .

`if` was the key word in my response......plus i am stating only my own concerns.

i have excersised my freedom to follow latics since i was 8 yrs old.......... chill johnny : )

p.s....why could`nt shez stick a get out clause in this latest mystery strikers 2 year contract ??

TTA are paying bills of around £800,000 per year ,yet some people fail to grasp this.

secondly,we ain't in any position to offer any incoming players above average wages...and money makes the football world go round.

thirdly,i think shez was spot on regarding this striker who wanted a 2 year deal without a loan period...we've seen enough :censored: in our time without being lumbered with someone for 2 years if it wasn't happening.

and finally...

"Before we hear that same old rubbish about Sheridan trying but failing to make decent signings, other teams appear to have managed to successfully strengthen their sides."

"And your reasons? Are we to expect a well considered but critical response as to why you disagree, or just a simple line of ridicule at someone's opinion?"

MMMMM????

So we're supposed to be happy that, after all the blather about promotion this season, we wait for next season after all? That'll get the gate up. 3900 and falling.

What will the excuse be next year?

So we're supposed to be happy that, after all the blather about promotion this season, we wait for next season after all? That'll get the gate up. 3900 and falling.

What will the excuse be next year?

if anyone was 100% happy last night then i'd question their sanity...or drug use.

we had a chance of promotion(on paper) this season-injuries has been the main minus for me and not replacing wellens...do you think a "massive" club like leeds are not chuffed either-and they were going to walk it - minus 15 pts or not if i remember right.

next season,i can see fair sized new additions to the squad and new expectations.

as for the gate last night...

swindon at home on a freezing tuesday night....

1/people work late.

2/people have more commitments during the week than weekends.

3/it was,to the casual fan,a very unattractive game to just turn up to.

and finally...

MMMMM????

Me touchy?? :laught16:

Listen fella, I'd tell you what I really think of you, but you might take exception again and complain to the mods like last time.

Trolling it certainly aint.... I'm just sick of other people's opinions being laughed at without a valid point offered in reply. You have called people w..ers, idiots and many other abusive names, yet complained to the mods when I jokingly reminded you that you'd said you wouldn't be posting here again because there are too many clowns who didn't agree with your opinion.

Only a week ago you had to fend off a few heated accusations from other posters that you couldn't take opposing opinions, and no doubt you considered those people trolls too.

I have more respect for you now you've added a constructive response, but you really are wide of the mark if you think I have any vendetta against you personally - I just think you need to grasp what MB's are about.

I've NEVER insulted anyone or their views on this board, I've always followed my posts up with reason for my opinion, and some might say I've even been helpful and generous on this board - but you think I'm a touchy troll.......oh well! At least I'll respect your opinion of me - wrong or right. You might want to try that.

keeping trotters at b.park wasn`t rocket science.......after the everton f.a cup money poured in, we could easy have matched any wages bottom that four side preston would have offered him......new two year deal for us.....then anyone else wanting him would have had to at least double their transfer bid for him at a later date.

plus, if that had happened, the message sent out to us lot from t.t.a and shez regarding a `serious` push for the play offs would have had much more credibility, showing us the fact that they `REALLY TRIED` would have made a massive difference in fan opinion come whatever at the end of the season.

they are just gambling that the young guns can somehow pull it off.....and that`s all wer`e left with......not much of a choice really.

i would love them to do it though !!

keeping trotters at b.park wasn`t rocket science.......after the everton f.a cup money poured in, we could easy have matched any wages bottom that four side preston would have offered him......new two year deal for us.....then anyone else wanting him would have had to at least double their transfer bid for him at a later date.

plus, if that had happened, the message sent out to us lot from t.t.a and shez regarding a `serious` push for the play offs would have had much more credibility, showing us the fact that they `REALLY TRIED` would have made a massive difference in fan opinion come whatever at the end of the season.

they are just gambling that the young guns can somehow pull it off.....and that`s all wer`e left with......not much of a choice really.

i would love them to do it though !!

Keeping him wasn't rocket science?

Trotman was offered a new and improved Contract in December but had made it clear he wanted to keep his options open as he was aware of interest from Clubs in higher Divisions. He also could have gone to Derby but didn't want to move to The Premiership just yet. Personally, I think he made the wrong decision there as despite their impending relegation, they seem a Club going somewhere. Preston could after all still get relegated although for Trotman's sake, I really hope they stay up.

In other words, despite the Club REALLY TRYING he wasn't prepared to sign a new contract and could therefore have left on a free in the summer.

Now based on the words of Simon Blitz following the Porter fiasco, that would have seen a £500k reduction in next Years playing budget. Would you have been happier with that and feel slightly less conned?

if anyone was 100% happy last night then i'd question their sanity...or drug use.

we had a chance of promotion(on paper) this season-injuries has been the main minus for me and not replacing wellens...do you think a "massive" club like leeds are not chuffed either-and they were going to walk it - minus 15 pts or not if i remember right.

next season,i can see fair sized new additions to the squad and new expectations.

as for the gate last night...

1/people work late.

i wasnt 1005 happy last night,but there was some pleasing aspects to it,as in lomax finally got some game time,the guy aint done nowt wrong but gets overlooked.

the second half performance was in parts fairly good,and with a bit more luck we could of got 3 goals,whether the defence could of stopped another equaliser remained to be seen.

ok,start of season the board manager tea lady bus driver and just about everyone connected with bp and latics were stating that promotion was what was considered a good season.

thats were the con part comes in if the board are now saying ok,next seasons gonna be our year,people have put blind faith into the team as regards to season tickets,they have put there money were the club wants it,but nobody else has.

shez,for all his god like status as a player,is a very naive manager who in my opinion,hasnt learned from last seasons failings to improve the football and improve the squad depth.

if we are to beleive that the owners have told him to go and buy players,and he simply hasnt we have to ask why,every player and there agents try to squeeze as much money as possible out of a club,and in that respect im backing him over this two year deal thing

but other clubs have brought in players,and to simply produce a list saying we went for him and him and him but couldnt afford them,is quite frankly like taking your children to alton towers and saying they cant go on the rides.

his comments recently of all out attack and its in our own destiny and hands just baffles me,because they are hollow words as he never does as he says.if we missed out on the playoffs but gave it our all and did the all out attack like he said,people wouldnt be as pissed off towards his attitude,but to say it then do nothing about it really beggars belief.

like i have said he still has my backing,but this time next year if were still here arguing over what could of been and we are no further forward as a club,then he would have to go for me.

1/people work late.

And this is supposed to be a source of comfort? If we don't get a result at Vale see how many turn up for the next home game. And if recent weeks have set the pattern for the rest of the season, see how it will hit season ticket sales (the overall effect of this season, on top of last season's collapse, has already been highly damaging in that respect). The only result will be further excuses as to why we have to tread water in this division for even longer, and more diehards losing interest and/or hope.

Still, there's always the stadium...

are you on for some doom 'n' gloom world record?

did i try to comfort it up,or just state a few facts of life,some which obviously didn't click with you...maybe i should have added "we are sh*t?" for your sake?

so mr facts,give me a run down off all the lousy tuesday freezing night in feburary games attendencesover the last 5 years eh please? love to see some "average attendences against unattactive opposition" figures...

lets get this to bed quick.

are you on for some doom 'n' gloom world record?

did i try to comfort it up,or just state a few facts of life,some which obviously didn't click with you...maybe i should have added "we are sh*t?" for your sake?

so mr facts,give me a run down off all the lousy tuesday freezing night in feburary games attendencesover the last 5 years eh please? love to see some "average attendences against unattactive opposition" figures...

lets get this to bed quick.

What does any personal tendency towards 'doom and gloom' or otherwise have to do with anything, when nothing is so sure as that all I say above will come to pass over the next few months. I would be prepared to bet money on it.

So attendances are generally poor at mid-week games. Last night's was poorer than most at BP, even for games during the struggling Ritchie period, because a season and a half of false dawn, disappointment and hollow promises have alienated even a section of the diehard support.

Those are 'the facts of life' if you want to play the wise guy, matie.

What does any personal tendency towards 'doom and gloom' or otherwise have to do with anything, when nothing is so sure as that all I say above will come to pass over the next few months. I would be prepared to bet money on it.

So attendances are generally poor at mid-week games. Last night's was poorer than most at BP, even for games during the struggling Ritchie period, because a season and a half of false dawn, disappointment and hollow promises have alienated even a section of the diehard support.

Those are 'the facts of life' if you want to play the wise guy, matie.

"What does any personal tendency towards 'doom and gloom' or otherwise have to do with anything..."

because you're not exactly mr optimisic are you...there seems to nothing-absolutely nothing-of positivity concerning anything latics are doing at the moment or for the future,in your world...

alienated the diehards.....???? any facts?

some are fustrated ,some are unhappy,but alienated????

have you been on some questionaire round-up-you never asked me...

look at the current "shez-in or out" poll...very large propotion on there seem they want to give another season to shez..don't see much alienation there..

theres your facts...and its you whos playing the "wise guy".

oh,i aint your "matie".

so now we are waiting on these following facts to back up these points you are using as points.

1/average attendences for feb/tues night game at home.

2/your complete list of "alienated "fans you claim to know of

3/a complete list of these "facts of life" myeslf and all other shez supporters are obviously not understanding.

to use another posters phase credited to yourself..all piss and wind.

This season is gradually becoming a farce of a season.

This season is gradually becoming a farce of a season.

i wouldnt say it was a farce....i would say it was a false dawn and just goes to show how much we over achieved last season,with what was termed as not shez's players.

this season we have had shez's players but have been served up a diet of underachieving football games by mediocre players bar 2 or 3.

this season,like last season the manager has failed to improve or depth of squad,and yet again has relied on young players coming through to bails us out.

this season like last season will just peter out into a mid table finish,with the promise and hope of next season being our season again.

this season,like last season the manager has failed to improve or depth of squad,and yet again has relied on young players coming through to bails us out..

Is that cos we dont have the cash though?

At the start of last season I said. "The squad isn't good enough, the first team maybe, but not the squad."

At the start of this season I said. "The squad isn't good enough, the first team maybe, but not the squad."

Most of the squad (not all) but most needs keeping and 4 or 5 need adding to it, to give us a realistic chance. But can we afford that? I doubt it.

Keeping him wasn't rocket science?

Trotman was offered a new and improved Contract in December but had made it clear he wanted to keep his options open as he was aware of interest from Clubs in higher Divisions.

trotman would only have said that if the option he`d been considering from latics was crap......which it must have been.

it is obvious that there is no way we offered to match prestons terms ( which we could have done ) or he would have obviously stayed here....... we bottled it yet again.

trotman would only have said that if the option he`d been considering from latics was crap......which it must have been.

it is obvious that there is no way we offered to match prestons terms ( which we could have done ) or he would have obviously stayed here....... we bottled it yet again.

...why must it have been crap??? It was a job offer for Trotters, too right he was keeping his options open!

Let's get the Trotman transfer in perspective (sorry to go over very old ground). This was a young lad, completely unproven in league football with a handful of games who we got off the scrapheap for nothing (playing in a position that we had bags of cover at the time), and for whom we were offered £500,000+. (A fee by the way that would in one blow wipe out 6 Months worth of season losses). I remind you that that is actually the biggest transfer fee IN for many a year, and as I see it is no indication of the ambition of the club at all.

TBH I'd have questioned the clubs ambition/plans more if they didn't take the opportunity to make £500k+ on the deal (a deal which if Trotman progresses and moves on could net us another big wedge thanks to the 20% sell on). And that is the point, there is nothing wrong with being a selling club (which we can't exactly be classed as with hardly any out sales for years - v young players excepted) as long as you get more than the correct value for the player - plus if possible some sell on clause. At last a deal that actually suits US rather than either the player or the buying club!!!!

I think the real 'bugs' are to do with how we ensure we don't end up in the situation we are in now at this time next year - not one of the best transfer deals we've managed to do in a long time.

Edited by lookers87