That'll do...

Give it up people.

We can't even fill a subs bench...its not happening this year.

Yeah I guess you're right, I've seen the light and not bothering tomorrow anymore.

Here's a good initiative for the club, bearing in mind the season is dead...how about one of those Fans games when fans bid to play in the game, but this time we'll do it for the game against Huddersfield next Saturday. We'll just send the players off on holiday now so they can recuperate from their injuries ready for next season, and we can have a game.

Edited by jsslatic

I am not suggesting people stop going - crikey, if every team that didn't have a chance of winning something/achieving something gave up in terms of trying to play/entertain etc. football would be a rubbish game.

I also expect the team to try and finish as high as possible, players to play for new contracts, players try to entertain the fans and for Shez to learn about his team for next year.

But I am surprised by the optimism on this board. We need to gain 6 points in 8 games, we have a completely injury ravaged squad, we are not playing fantastic football even when we win (linked to the last point), and there are a number of other teams above us and below the play-offs.

At some point you have to accept the realitiy of the situation, nevermind what the maths say.

I am willing to make a wager - if Latics make the play-offs I'll buy you your ticket for the play-off semi home leg. If not you buy me my ticket for the first away match of the season next year (limited offewr to 2 people, don't need more than 2 tickets for the away game).

I am not suggesting people stop going - crikey, if every team that didn't have a chance of winning something/achieving something gave up in terms of trying to play/entertain etc. football would be a rubbish game.

I also expect the team to try and finish as high as possible, players to play for new contracts, players try to entertain the fans and for Shez to learn about his team for next year.

But I am surprised by the optimism on this board. We need to gain 6 points in 8 games, we have a completely injury ravaged squad, we are not playing fantastic football even when we win (linked to the last point), and there are a number of other teams above us and below the play-offs.

At some point you have to accept the realitiy of the situation, nevermind what the maths say.

I am willing to make a wager - if Latics make the play-offs I'll buy you your ticket for the play-off semi home leg. If not you buy me my ticket for the first away match of the season next year (limited offewr to 2 people, don't need more than 2 tickets for the away game).

6 point in 8 games you say. ill take that bet!!!

Silly offer and you're knowingly distorting what many think. If someone were to take that bet it would mean they felt it was more likely that we would make the playoffs than we wouldn't. Noone's saying that. Just we shouldn't give up, which you're suggesting we should. The point is that everyone's dropping points, injuries or not Millwall are bottom end of the table and we have a decent shot at picking up three points tomorrow. If we keep boosting our points tally whilst those around us drop points we're still in with a chance.

I for one refuse to write off the season already.

Edited by jsslatic

6 point in 8 games you say. ill take that bet!!!

:grin:

Bet was make the play-offs - still interested?

The 6 pts in 8 games, refers to how may we have to gain. Rule of thumb states that once you need to make up a point a game (or more) on teams then you are knackered. Quite likely we'll be in that position by Monday teatime.

Silly offer and you're knowingly distorting what many think. If someone were to take that bet it would mean they felt it was more likely that we would make the playoffs than we wouldn't. Noone's saying that. Just we shouldn't give up, which you're suggesting we should. The point is that everyone's dropping points, injuries or not Millwall are bottom end of the table and we have a decent shot at picking up three points tomorrow. If we keep boosting our points tally whilst those around us drop points we're still in with a chance.

I for one refuse to write off the season already.

Top 10 finish still on and for me still worth fighting for - good achievement given injuries. Not writing it off overall, just realistic about what is acheiveable.

This is my opinion - others are entitled to have theres. I've always been a slghtly pesimistic football fan.

If you read most of my posts (I don't expect you to, just saying this as a figure of speech) I do try to be equal in my assessment of the season and Shez and our possibilities. I totally agree that it's fair to suggest we're not going anywhere near the playoffs and that's what I voted in the last poll on here. But it won't stop me hoping for results to go our way and us to surprise ourselves as the Latics win 7 out of the last 8 to clinch a playoff berth :wink: Indeed, as I hope for that I'll look at the positives from results like today and think, if, just if, we can get 6pts this weekend we're well back in it. But I don't think we will get the 6pts....where Shez is concerned, I'd like him to be confident, bordering on arrogant as a manager. But all we get is his realist views about the squad and that it'll probably miss out and we've one eye on next season. That's a shame in my book.....but Shez doesn't shoot for the moon. Which is why we probably will go out and end the season in a right whimper :disappointment:

:grin:

Bet was make the play-offs - still interested?

The 6 pts in 8 games, refers to how may we have to gain. Rule of thumb states that once you need to make up a point a game (or more) on teams then you are knackered. Quite likely we'll be in that position by Monday teatime.

Only 6pts on the Tramps coz they again cheated by playing last night so we have a game in hand of them....and how the :censored: do they get away with rearranging these games like that??? The Friday before a Sat is the obvious one they do, but to then get away with Thurs before Good Friday.....:censored: stinks!

Anyway, win tomorrow and we're 3pts behind and on level games with the Tramps. Still game on....but after last season and the fact a few of my mates are in the box and we've never won when they're in there.....I'm not confident :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

Here's a good initiative for the club, bearing in mind the season is dead...how about one of those Fans games when fans bid to play in the game, but this time we'll do it for the game against Huddersfield next Saturday.

:mmm: Hmmm. Organising a fans game for 29th March. Someone might be getting a knock on their door at 5 o'clock in the morning :bat:

:OWTB1: