Todays Chron

Guest M_OAFC

Guest M_OAFC

Couple of interesting things.

Claims that Gregan could be set for a start in midfield on Saturday. They reckon Shez is keen to stick with the formation we've been using since half time at Doncaster but has a lack of options to replace Livermore. A debut for Ashley Kelly would be the only obvious alternative to Gregan. Otherwise I presume he would have to change formation.

The other piece will add fuel to the fire of all the recent rumours concerning Hillstone. They've put Chaddeton FC up for sale for a token £1 and have said that if a buyer can't be found they will close the club down.

They had already pulled the plug on paying non-contract players but apparently they are not paying contracted ones either now. There are unpaid bills for things like training facilities but Hillstone won't tell anybody what the total debts are and what they are for which is stopping interested buyers from going any further. The club committee have made several requests both verbal and written to have a meeting with the owners so they can get the figures they require but to no avail. The committee have also had to pay their Manchester FA affililiation fee out of their own pockets (without which they can't compete in the league) and despite offering to do the same for their FA Cup entry fee Hillstone have shafted them. FA Cup rules mean that the money has to come out of the club account which Hillstone control so the committee offered to give them the cash in exchange for a cheque but the request was refused. Hillstone wouldn't speak to the Chron either.

Gregan in midfield? :blink: In his first real game back from injury, a couple of years after he stopped playing there due to the march of age and the expansion of his mighty buttocks? It’s not like he was ever the Shez type of midfielder who would stand in the centre circle, he was all about getting up and down the pitch and throwing himself about.

Couple of interesting things.

Claims that Gregan could be set for a start in midfield on Saturday. They reckon Shez is keen to stick with the formation we've been using since half time at Doncaster but has a lack of options to replace Livermore. A debut for Ashley Kelly would be the only obvious alternative to Gregan. Otherwise I presume he would have to change formation..

Ho Hoo! The midfield maestro returns... Is is Ronaldo, messi... Kaka? No - its the Big G.. Word.

He could play there.. but a little worrying if he was fit - never mind after 3 months out... I guess Mr Allott will be doing the running for 2!

Worth a try.....ok, concerns about it being his first game back but I reckon he could do the job. And it's actually refreshing to hear that Shez wants to "keep the shape of the team"....usually it's a case of some weird 4-5-1 or 3 central midfielders across 4 midfield places. Good on him, if he decides to keep the same shape and try Gregan in Livermores place. All we got really.

As for Hillstones, well, nothing would surprise me TBH. Sad that they feel the need to treat Chaddy FC that way and if they are part of a deal with TTA, I hope it's just for the land and not some control (shares/investment) in the club also (they are big Latics fans, so wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to get "on board.") If they can do that to Chaddy FC, I wouldn't want them anywhere near our accounts!

Greegs would do alright. I think any of our centre halves could fill in in midfield! Hazell is a good all-round footballer and Stambo is, of course, 'cultured'. :)

I’d certainly stick Rubes in midfield if we had a couple of better options in defence, such as Nesta and Puyol. He is actually very good and calm on the ball, he nearly always gets something out of a tight situation.

I’d certainly stick Rubes in midfield if we had a couple of better options in defence, such as Nesta and Puyol. He is actually very good and calm on the ball, he nearly always gets something out of a tight situation.

That guy from Hillstones is a tool.... Full stop, no argument. His gut has seen more steak and ale on expences than the Royal's

Worth a try.....ok, concerns about it being his first game back but I reckon he could do the job. And it's actually refreshing to hear that Shez wants to "keep the shape of the team"....usually it's a case of some weird 4-5-1 or 3 central midfielders across 4 midfield places. Good on him, if he decides to keep the same shape and try Gregan in Livermores place. All we got really.

As for Hillstones, well, nothing would surprise me TBH. Sad that they feel the need to treat Chaddy FC that way and if they are part of a deal with TTA, I hope it's just for the land and not some control (shares/investment) in the club also (they are big Latics fans, so wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to get "on board.") If they can do that to Chaddy FC, I wouldn't want them anywhere near our accounts!

As for Gregan, throw him in!!!! He is more than up for that role.

Guest M_OAFC
Greegs would do alright. I think any of our centre halves could fill in in midfield! Hazell is a good all-round footballer and Stambo is, of course, 'cultured'. :)

Who owns Chaddy FC? Hillstone the company or the mirserable :censored: who own Hillstone?

It's the 2 individuals that own Chaddy rather than Hillstone as a whole, Craig Halliwell and some asian bloke whose name escapes me

Guest M_OAFC
Greegs didnt play for the reserves tonight.

He was expected to but didn't. Perhaps a sign that were saving him for Saturday?