Name and shame the PE teacher who leathered you...

leeslover

Guest gillianfn
Mr Clinton PE teacher at Lyndhurst juniors when i were a young un

Holy Moses - how young are you? My children both went to Lyndhurst when I lived on Garden Suburbs! Don't tell me I'm old enough to be your mother for crying out loud!

I had a number of terrifying experiences during my school days, the punishment in both St Marys and Crompton House School extended little beyond what would amount to basic battery. Miss Lancashire - a C word of the highest proportion, would hit me with a ruler every time I forgot to underline an answer. I used to feel physically sick whenever I saw her. I hope she died very painfully and slowly. Margaret Renshaw - also of the same ilk as Miss Lancashire - still alive unfortunately. She would slap the backs of my legs every day, whether I required it or not. I saw her in Shaw recently - she now walks with a stoop - that is little wonder - it is what comes of years of bending over small children and twatting them across their legs as hard as is physically possible. That is St Marys.

Crompton House - I was bigger then, and no doubt more of a tyrant and thus, needed chastising with weapons. Slippers, rulers, tech drawing rulers, books, board dusters, straps, in fact, any item which would be guaranteed to hurt like f, and leave a welt. Main culprits, Mr Holden, Mr Higginson (I think that was his name) Mr Ashton - you get the picture here, all blokes, physically abusing a young girl? Bleeders all of them - and I hope they are all dead too.

And for those who did go to St. Cuthberts - or Henshaws back then, Mr. Skillin is still there but away from P.E, he is head of a 'behavioural unit' - not sure he'd get away with planting stones into peoples heads with hockey sticks anymore, thank God :D

And for those who did go to St. Cuthberts - or Henshaws back then, Mr. Skillin is still there but away from P.E, he is head of a 'behavioural unit' - not sure he'd get away with planting stones into peoples heads with hockey sticks anymore, thank God :D

As it happens I was in a cab the other month and was chatting to the driver about Mr Skillin(g?). The driver mentioned having been robustly headbutted by him behind the cricket changing hut at the top end of the playing fields, decked and busted nose.

Other incidents include a scruffy cockney lad who spent an hour abusing a slightly "iffy" PE teacher about his tendency to dwell a little too long around the shower area. Next lesson, there was a different sherriff in town. Skillin told him exactly where to stand, "no, left one inch, back two inches," and then sent him flying across the room with a right hook. Sparked out, then staggered around a playing field for an hour not knowing what month it was.

And (I wasn't there) a lad, who was a member of possibly Rochdale's hardest family, let off a firework on his hotel balcony on a skiing trip, in the middle of a big fireworks party in the town. Mr S had told people not to do this. And had to be dragged off the lad's lifeless and bleeding body.

Apparently when new customers attend his disciplinary sessions, he points out that there are no windows and that nobody is in any rooms within hearing distance. The guy must be approaching retirement age, I haven't seen him for 14 years and I'd rather feed wrap my manhood in bacon and offer it to a hungry pitbull than cross him.

Wonder if he ever found out I accidently egged his new and very shiny car when my intended victim ducked? Other teachers made sure he was kept out of the way whilst his wife cleaned it up, and I was sent away from the school as quickly as possible. Thereby saving his job and my life.

Yes it is Skilling, my mistake. What great stories, made me laugh especially the hockey stick and sharp stone ... Can imagine him doing things like that.!!.

''I haven't seen him for 14 years and I'd rather feed wrap my manhood in bacon and offer it to a hungry pitbull than cross him''

Lol many would agree

He once managed the school team,covering for our regular manager. The most defensive minded manager ever, wouldn't let full backs take a throw, wouldn't allow us to pass the ball back to the keeper etc etc. Not a man you would want to have an issue with, to say the least

had the misfortune to be at saddleworth at the end of the seventies which meant i had to the odius phill larder (yes that one ) for my pe teacher god do i hate thugby .Bieng one of the smallest in my year meant i was used as a punch bag by all the numbnuts in our sport group so hated it eventualy he worked it out & gave those of us who hated thugby the choice to do cross country needless to say i VERY good at it which realy did piss himoff .

Peanuts - I think we must have been at Saddleworth at the same time.

Phil Larder gave me the one and only detention of my school career. I got it for "playing table tennis without permission". Basically, I think it was retribution for giving up playing on the school's Rugby League team. I was quite a decent player but because Saddleworth was considered a bit of a posh school at that time, we used to get a right good shoeing after every game. In the end, I got sick of it and so concentrated on football and cricket.

Eddie Barton (ex-Oldham RLFC) was about the only decent PE Teacher we had. Nice bloke and he hated Larder with a passion. Mark McLoughlin was another of the tossers - in later years, he was responsible for my brother getting into a fair bit of trouble when on a field trip.

On the "leathering" subject, the school's RE Teacher, "Jesus" Andrews played in a staff v school football match. I remember him launching himself into a two-footed challenge which broke the leg of one of our better players. I can still hear the "crack" now. Everyone had previously thought he was a right soft-arse but he got a lot of respect that day for all the wrong reasons!