this just sums up Leeds united to be frank....awful club with awful fans...

Leeds United, quite frankly, have made a mockery of League one this season. Swansea, however much you dislike all they stand for, have walked this league this season, and deserve their moment in the spotlight. however, who do we find ourselves talking about? Its a disgrace. how can you possibly plan for the playoffs when you havent got a clue who will be playing in them?

Leeds United, a club who loves to be hated

Leeds United, quite frankly, have made a mockery of League one this season. Swansea, however much you dislike all they stand for, have walked this league this season, and deserve their moment in the spotlight. however, who do we find ourselves talking about? Its a disgrace. how can you possibly plan for the playoffs when you havent got a clue who will be playing in them?

Leeds United, a club who loves to be hated

Why did they decide to contest the decision anyway? Most other clubs would have said its just one of thoses things and moved on. Not only does this put the football league in a load sh*t by letting it get this far. If* Leeds get any points back it will give the other clubs in administation the right to appel against the points. These would be not fair on any of the other teams in admin if they were givern any more than 5 points. For example if Bournemouth got there 10 points back they would be out of the relegation zone and all most mathmaticly safe. If people carried on doing this they would be no point in the rule. At the end of the day Leeds signed a contract saying that if they were to be in the football league. They would have to accept the 15 point deduction so this shows that you should never brake the rules otherwise chaos.

* note the l think that they will get at least 5 points but do not think they will get all there points back

I think this probably my longest post.

Are the league deliberately leaving it as long as possible to make a decision, so that they can work out how many points they can give Leeds back without it really making a difference to the final promotion/play-off places,so that they can say they've come to a compromise but they can minimise the chance of other teams suing them? Cos i can't think of why else this has been allowed to drag on so long. If i was a swansea fan i'd be furious,why should they get punished because of Ken Bates' p*ssing about?

They would have to accept the 15 point deduction so this shows that you should never brake the rules otherwise chaos.

As it stands (and should they get points back) it says that you should always break the rules, fight others with every scummy, cheating antic and then go to court to win your case and re-write perfectly good rules that they originally accepted on the sly, before challenging it.

To be honest, I can't see they have a chance of getting them back. They're appealing to a court of law, not the FA, and there's no precedent to which they can turn to prove they've been harshly dealt with. This is not the same as being docked fifteen points for going into administration...Leeds' offence was a first and the League dealt with it as they saw fit. As a member of the Football League, Leeds United agree to operate within its rules, and when they break those rules their punishment is at the discretion of the League.

No court in the land would give them points back on the basis that Ken Bates says it's 'unfair'...there's no evidence of a larger sanction 'just because we're Leeds'.

Congratulations to Swansea City, deserved Champions of League One. The fact that they shouldn't even be in the league is a matter for an entirely different day... :grin: