The Leeds court hearing on the points deduction is any time soon...is it possible they may lose their case and be deducted more points by the league for contesting the decision.

If that were to be the case, after last nights results the season is definitely not over!!

The Leeds court hearing on the points deduction is any time soon...is it possible they may lose their case and be deducted more points by the league for contesting the decision.

If that were to be the case, after last nights results the season is definitely not over!!

There's a good report from the Press Association.

"Cramer, of Leeds based solicitors Cramer Richards, said: "Leeds have got to demonstrate early on to the three-man panel that there is very good reason why this 15 points can be challenged. I put their chances at about 30%."

"But Cramer said Leeds had effectively waived their rights of appeal when they agreed to return to the Football League back in August."

Should be announced before their Saturday match against Millwall.

:cardinal:

but they cant take this any further if they do lose it?

I'm sure I read somewhere the FA or FL threatened to dock them more points if they carried this on

been thinking about this though, they signed a contract to say that in return for their share, they would accept the 15 points deduction and not take this an further. Now that it is obvious that they are not acceptign the deduction, could the league withdraw their share for next season or even this season?

Edited by Lookers_Carl

one predicament we talked about would be to give them back their 15 points(if the decision was overturned),so,they win promotion,then the league takes away their share to be in the football league next season for bringing the game into disrepute ...so they get chucked out of the league and theres an almighty scamble for that 6th place!

we can only dream eh.

been thinking about this though, they signed a contract to say that in return for their share, they would accept the 15 points deduction and not take this an further. Now that it is obvious that they are not acceptign the deduction, could the league withdraw their share for next season or even this season?

Good point, i would have that the FL would at least be entitled to sue them for breach of contract

Apparently no decision will be made until May 12th.

http://www.glorygloryleedsunited.com/2008/...rbitration.html

That kind of messes the playoffs up a little bit.

I have heard on the radio that because of this delay, any points returned, if any, wouldn't become effective until next season. So everything would stay as it is, and Leeds, whether they go up through play-off or stay down, would then start the season with plus points.

I have heard on the radio that because of this delay, any points returned, if any, wouldn't become effective until next season. So everything would stay as it is, and Leeds, whether they go up through play-off or stay down, would then start the season with plus points.

That CANNOT be allowed. It punishes every other other club in the league. It would be a disgrace, and even worse if they had points returned in the championship.

That CANNOT be allowed. It punishes every other other club in the league. It would be a disgrace, and even worse if they had points returned in the championship.

Totally agree - What a ludicrous idea that would be. The other teams just wouldn't accept it and the FL would be dealing with a large scale mutiny.

I'd stick the yorkshire pitmen, their cockney would be owner and Kilkenny in the bottom tier of English football for costing the league money in legal fee's. Bates can always ask for his money back off Leeds and do one....sounds familiar don't it?

It was made in response to threats by Carlisle United and Doncaster Rovers that if Leeds United were to get some or all their points back during the current campaign, and as a result they were to lose out on automatic promotion, to take legal action to challenge it.

Whether the points are awarded, if any, this season or next, nobody except Leeds are going to be happy, though if it's done now, it will only impact on a handful of teams, including those still hoping to get into play-offs (us included!). B)

I've been thinking about this whole scenario and I tell ya what.....I wouldn't like to be the next club that goes into administration during the summer thus the FL holding their "golden share"....coz would the FL give it back so readily next time? Run the risk of another court battle of some sort....say by a club who then decides they want to challenge the existing 10pt deductions rule....like what Luton, Rotherham and Bournemouth have had this season. I once thought it might be that Inland Revenue that causes a club to go bump in the future, but I think there's more chance now of it happening this way....all thanks to Leeds and their corrupt ways!

I've been thinking about this whole scenario and I tell ya what.....I wouldn't like to be the next club that goes into administration during the summer thus the FL holding their "golden share"....coz would the FL give it back so readily next time? Run the risk of another court battle of some sort....say by a club who then decides they want to challenge the existing 10pt deductions rule....like what Luton, Rotherham and Bournemouth have had this season. I once thought it might be that Inland Revenue that causes a club to go bump in the future, but I think there's more chance now of it happening this way....all thanks to Leeds and their corrupt ways!

I don't think so Ross - Leeds were in fact allowed to get away with following the FL rules in terms of dealing with their debts, not treated leniently in having their share returned - the Appeal bit isn't really linked to the golden share. If the FL had just played it by the book, Leeds would be casting envious eyes up at Farsley Celtic and everyone would be happy.

I don't think so Ross - Leeds were in fact allowed to get away with following the FL rules in terms of dealing with their debts, not treated leniently in having their share returned - the Appeal bit isn't really linked to the golden share. If the FL had just played it by the book, Leeds would be casting envious eyes up at Farsley Celtic and everyone would be happy.

according to the bbc site it says the case will close on monday,and any verdict will be made 3/4 weeks arfter that,meaning it will fall just after the season has finished.

they can give them there five points back if they want,but only when this season is done and dusted.

But they accepted the deduction as part of the return of the "Golden Share" so that they could enter the league. As you say, if the FL had played it straight and not done this, they'd be in the doo-doo.....hence next time, the FL might say "sod all compromises" we're sticking to our guns and you'll be thrown out the league. Leading to the club most likely folding.

this just sums up Leeds united to be frank....awful club with awful fans...

to be fair to leeds it's neither the clubs or the fans fault that this has dragged on for so long, if the league had grown a pair and made a decision last week this would all have been resolved now...