Farewell to the Lookers

Had a season ticket for 4-5 years in the Lookers upper RRE. Many happy memories of it, and itl be sad to see it go, but i guess its a fresh start where new memories will be made and what not. I remember an old guy who forever called the linesman a 'Bloody duck-egg' haha. Legend. Made me laugh :D

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, one of my strongest memories of being in the lookers was that game when they gave out free "fisherman's Friend" before the game - god knows why, but I must have been about 12/13... just remember thousands of packets strewn accross the paddock floor

I just hope that none off the numerous packs of banana flavoured nodders and lube packets I pocketed today in the vague ambition of blowing them up and releasing them during the game crop up in my mum's laundry pile...

Thought you might appreciate some piccies!

The last flight of the Paddock army flag!

lookersstand004vi0.th.jpg

And a bit closer (sorry for the blur - phone camera!)

lookersstand006qk0.th.jpg

The last pic of the players and the stand!

lookersstand010tr8.th.jpg

Just for fun - Q: How many stewards does it take to guard an empty stand?

lookersstand008le3.th.jpg

(obviously - click on them to get the big original versions...)

Edited by BigfinLatic

Think the best memory for me of the paddock was the QPR game at home ... with Johnny Eyre grabbing a last gasp winner. Got absolutely soaked and couldnt move ... but as soon as that goal went in and he went skidding towards the corner i was up in a flash. What made it better was a friend was standing at the back tryna keep dry .. looking all smug as he stood to win £250 .... the look of hatred towards Eyre when he scored was a picture!!