Homegrown 11

Do you realise if it was possible to sign (disragrding unrealistic signings like Richards) Gerrard, Holt, Hughes, Haining (or even Futcher) and Vernon we could have a team of homegrowns that reads:

Gerrard

Eardley, Haining, Holt, Lomax

Smalley, Hughes, Allot, Taylor

Vernon, Alice

Not sayig I necessarily want them all back, but iit s a testimony to our continuing youth developmentover the years.

Do you realise if it was possible to sign (disragrding unrealistic signings like Richards) Gerrard, Holt, Hughes, Haining (or even Futcher) and Vernon we could have a team of homegrowns that reads:

Gerrard

Eardley, Haining, Holt, Lomax

Smalley, Hughes, Allot, Taylor

Vernon, Alice

Not sayig I necessarily want them all back, but iit s a testimony to our continuing youth developmentover the years.

:blink:

Err.. Hughes in Midfield.. and last time I checked he wasn't home grown... bloody weird accent if he is from Oldham :wink:

... and Haining was signed from Rangers youth at 17/18... not exactly home grown either... again, the accent tends to give it away...

Guest oa_exile
no andy barlow SCANDELOUS

Think it's based on players who are still playing :wink:

You could get a very good team of "home grown" if you go way back enough and add those players.

:blink:

Err.. Hughes in Midfield.. and last time I checked he wasn't home grown... bloody weird accent if he is from Oldham :wink:

... and Haining was signed from Rangers youth at 17/18... not exactly home grown either... again, the accent tends to give it away...

You've got Lee bloody Hughes on the mind.

I believe he was talking about Andy Hughes at Leeds.

You've got Lee bloody Hughes on the mind.

I believe he was talking about Andy Hughes at Leeds.

How very dare you Coco - I refer you to my signature....*

*to be honest, I had no idea he ever played for us...

chris makin and nick henry are retired aint they? not sure about bernard but i presume he too is retired. one man who would, without doubt be in the team, and still playing IF he didnt get an injury at such a young age, would be Carl Serrant. However he got injured and that was the end of that.

chris makin and nick henry are retired aint they? not sure about bernard but i presume he too is retired. one man who would, without doubt be in the team, and still playing IF he didnt get an injury at such a young age, would be Carl Serrant. However he got injured and that was the end of that.

and haining was at latics when he was 16 coz he used to come in tara with the rest of the youth team when I worked there

and haining was at latics when he was 16 coz he used to come in tara with the rest of the youth team when I worked there

He was. Spent early years with Rangers without signing forms and then moved south after leaving school. Used to live with someone I know in Royton. Him and Scott Vernon moved in when the Bosh and Ryan Sugden moved out.

Yes, i meant players still playing, yes I meant Andy Hughes who started off in midfield and yes it could include Danny Hall (who I rated) but NO to that lanky streak at Stalybridge. Oh, and if you don't include Haining then you really are stretching a point, and what the hell has an accent got to do with it. We have got youth players from elsewhere - Oh, Mr. Fin, by your reckoning Eardley is not a youth player because he is born and bred in Llandudno while Tipton with his fluent Welsh (from Bangor) was clearly brought in from elsewhere ie Bangor U15s, therefore he wasn't one of ours.