Hail Hail, the Celts are here!

We're going to the Perelli.....

Yes, there's a topic elsewhere regarding the game however as this is Stalybridges day, I didn't think it appropriate to congratulate the boys under the post "Davenport out" :wink:

So I take it Exile didn't make it....after a heavy night out and a hangover, standing on the terrace took it's toll on the feet but boy it was worth it. Great, gutsy performance by the Celts. Just a shame they made a meal of the win with the own goal...altho to be fair, it wasn't really Sykes' fault, he expected the ball to have been cleared before it ran through to him and just swung a hopeful leg to get rid....sadly into the net.

When Gamble went off injured, I said to my mates that "this young lad could end up being a hero"....and he was! Great save. 5 good pens from Bridge too!

Special mention to Hall. Who I didn't think did a lot upfront, but he got in some important defensive clearances once Southport got their tails up from the own goal. Overall though, the best team won.

Mon the Celts! Tough tie against Barrow....however their last defeat was to....the Celts! You can do it :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

Guest oa_exile

Fair play BB , If Southport were to lose then at least I have had some satisfaction that it was against a local team.

Should be an interesting Final with Barrow on a good run of form.

Droylsden down and Staly up ? , fingers crossed :)

Fair play BB , If Southport were to lose then at least I have had some satisfaction that it was against a local team.

Nice signiture Exile. You want it, but you know you can't have it.

Be quality to take Droylsdens place...but tall order as it stands. Although, the pressure surely is on Barrow more than us as they have this ridiculously good run which means nothing if they don't win on Friday. Bridge are the underdogs in essence. It's a shame the old JKL doesn't exist any more coz I remember writing my thoughts about Barrow after we played them in that friendly pre-season and said they were ones to keep an eye on in the Conf North. Esp about how Mini-Shez still looked quality and Paul Jones looked decent in defence. It'll be a who's who of ex-Latics players on Friday.

Sadly I'm going to Prestatyn on Friday for a week with the lads (Snooker comp) but I'm told it's on Setanta so hopefully get to see it. Although, there are rumblings from one or two that it might now be Prestatyn via Burton.....I really hope so!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Sadly I'm going to Prestatyn on Friday for a week with the lads (Snooker comp) but I'm told it's on Setanta so hopefully get to see it. Although, there are rumblings from one or two that it might now be Prestatyn via Burton.....I really hope so!

And so it is....Que sera sera, whatever will be will be! I'm going to the Perelli! Que sera sera!

Prestatyn via Burton....come on the Celts....can't wait....must go and pack my things now....

See ya all in a weeks time!

Oh dear. My worst nightmare. My mum took a wheelchair dance team to a festival there one March. Dad and I went to help with the kids. Went for a walk early morning and i'm not kidding must have been about 100+ rats dead on the grass and many more running about.

The TV was bolted down. A spiders nest the size of an orange over the bath. But hey the snooker table was good. :wink: Enjoy Ross.

I was dragged along to Presthaven Sands in the run up to my "O" Levels. My dad made me stay in the Caravan all week revising while my brother and sister had a whale of a time. Well actually, I think they were just running away from all the Scousers who were trying to batter them. The Site was infested with 'em.

To cap it all, while we were there, we played Blackburn and beat them 5-0 at Boundary Park and I missed it. :angry:

Agreed - Enjoy Ross! B)

Aw, unlucky. Some awful refereeing decisions and i'm starting to think we had a lucky escape with Chris Hall (yeah i know it's unfair to judge him on one game but sod fairness where he's concerned). Slightly off topic...

-why do setanta think it's a good idea to interview managers during the game, esp during the last minute?

-even burton bloody albion have got a scoreboard