To avoid upsettin some

For the record here's how my logic works.

Latics have given Charlie Boy 2 goes at kick starting his football league career. First off we gave him his big break in first team football. The fans give him all the backing a young player could wish for and the club the chance to progress. Fair does that he should end his time with thanks from Latics whilst heading back to Brum and the premiership to try his luck. Nowt wrong with that and good luck to the lad.

However the second coming and leaving is totally different. He was left in the wilderness at brum, not in the prem but in the Championship. He endured a year out in the cold with little chance of emerging into the light and once Brum went up the dark become a black hole. Kilkenny was crying for Latics to come to his rescue and take him on loan. Get him playing on a first team pitch again. We duly obliged him. Remember he even came injured which meant we saw nothing of the real player, until eventually we had to fix him and give him a break whilst he recovered. Then come January when his loan period was up, the club offered to make him our highest paid player, the fans would have gladly accepted that status and the black hole nightmare wouldn't appear. But no Kilkenny jumped ship to Leeds. He should have stayed till at least the end of the season and repaid some of that grace Latics had done for him. Sorry Charlie Boy forever from now on.

Great to see Charlie in league one cos thats were him and his club merit to be. Looking forward to Latics goin up and leaving Charlie and his mates behind.

And this is completely where I think your logic is skewed. If we hadn't took him out of Brums stiffs, someone else would have had a punt on him.

But of course, it makes your story sound all the better if he's been crying like a spoilt brat to come to his beloved Oldham, after all.

I dont give two chickens if someone else had punted on him....they didn't my club did. Paranoid no not me brother Oh and yes he did cry to get back here.

If you say so.

We'll leave it until you have your next bout of NK bitterness I think. I suspect this will be on June 13th when the fixtures are announced.

Guest oa_exile
Bitterness.....you sound oh so PC. He's a :censored: simple as

"To avoid upsettin some"

Well you managed it , out of order Lags <_<

Going to a bigger company and gettin better money makes you a :censored: does it?

What a nice way you view people.

Get off your fence brother. This is football not neighbourhood watch. I am glad you aint the Chairman, christ all our better players would leave you'd be ringing round prem clubs sayin this players to good for us.

Get off your fence brother. This is football not neighbourhood watch. I am glad you aint the Chairman, christ all our better players would leave you'd be ringing round prem clubs sayin this players to good for us.

And now you're dilusional because someone doesn't see it from your POV.

Give it a rest Lags.

He was NEVER contracted to Oldham!!!

So our chairman didnt tought him around!!

Dilusional? show me whats dilusional.

Look. Just because some people don't see this thing from your POV doesn't mean you can say it's the same as our chairman touting round Premiership clubs trying to offload any good player we have.

THAT's dilusional.

And give it a rest. You've tried making your point several times. It's getting boring, rapidly. Brother.

Look. Just because some people don't see this thing from your POV doesn't mean you can say it's the same as our chairman touting round Premiership clubs trying to offload any good player we have.

THAT's dilusional.

And give it a rest. You've tried making your point several times. It's getting boring, rapidly. Brother.

You havent made yours thou, other than Leeds are a bigger club. And dont get me started on the POV bandwagon, cos all you do is resort to personal insults questioning their sanityor reason. If youre bored reading then dont. If am boring you, I'll let you into a secret....you're annoyin me.

You havent made yours thou, other than Leeds are a bigger club. And dont get me started on the POV bandwagon, cos all you do is resort to personal insults questioning their sanityor reason. If youre bored reading then dont. If am boring you, I'll let you into a secret....you're annoyin me.

It's quite specatcularly ironic that you started a thread called "To avoid upsetting some" and the only person getting seriously annoyed by the whole thing is you. :grin:

I'll leave it on that note.

Leeds are by no means certain to go up next season. They would be by no means the first club of such stature to get bogged down in the lower divisions. Sometimes when the rot sets in its hard to dislodge it, no matter how big the club thinks it is...

Look at what happened to them the season after they missed out in the play-offs to go back up to the Premiership.

Leeds are by no means certain to go up next season. They would be by no means the first club of such stature to get bogged down in the lower divisions. Sometimes when the rot sets in its hard to dislodge it, no matter how big the club thinks it is...

Look at what happened to them the season after they missed out in the play-offs to go back up to the Premiership.

Indeed...I wouldnt class Bradford as big as Leeds but they're of significant stature to look at and say they've got stuck in the mire and beyond. Something Leeds could do also. Which (without re-enacting previous discussions) is why some of your comments about us are astounding at times!

Indeed...I wouldnt class Bradford as big as Leeds but they're of significant stature to look at and say they've got stuck in the mire and beyond. Something Leeds could do also. Which (without re-enacting previous discussions) is why some of your comments about us are astounding at times!

Wolves and both Sheffield clubs also spring to mind. All of them have a similar potential to Leeds, and all of them ended up in the bottom tier before they halted the slide.

Don't see what your last comment has to do with anything.