Confirmed Masters Squad

I know someone was asking the other day about the Masters squad, so if someone has already confirmed the below squad am sorry to repeat it. However, I have just received a email from one of the organisers and he has confirmed the following squad;

John Hallworth (gk)

Lee Duxbury

Mike Milligan

Darren Sheridan

Tommy Wright

Tony Philliskirk

David Eyres

Rick Holden

Andy Ritchie

I think it's pretty good squad and we should have a pretty good chance of winning it.

Great news that Stitch has chosen Latics. Altogeher now...

Andy Ritchies' magic,

he wears a magic hat

and when he saw the Oldham,

he said "I fancy that!"....

I'm looking forward to this more than some games at BP, am flyin down from Edinburgh especially!! Are we all going to try and sit in the same area/meet before it starts in a boozer, I know Rick (wardle) is going along with a few others?

I'm looking forward to this more than some games at BP, am flyin down from Edinburgh especially!! Are we all going to try and sit in the same area/meet before it starts in a boozer, I know Rick (wardle) is going along with a few others?

A while back BigFin suggested a particular block to all sit in - I think he knows the layout pretty well from watching the Ice Hockey. I think it is definitely a good idea to know in advance where to head for as its unreserved seating - gotta be easier than blindly wandering round the concourse trying to track down where all the noise is coming from :bluearmy:

As for a pub beforehand somewhere in the Printworks eg Waxies, Wetherspoons would be a good bet - or the Hard Rock Cafe if they have the same happy hour on as they did before the darts. I plan to grab a bite to eat somewhere round there then have a couple of pre-match pints. Really looking forward to it.

A while back BigFin suggested a particular block to all sit in - I think he knows the layout pretty well from watching the Ice Hockey. I think it is definitely a good idea to know in advance where to head for as its unreserved seating - gotta be easier than blindly wandering round the concourse trying to track down where all the noise is coming from :bluearmy:

As for a pub beforehand somewhere in the Printworks eg Waxies, Wetherspoons would be a good bet - or the Hard Rock Cafe if they have the same happy hour on as they did before the darts. I plan to grab a bite to eat somewhere round there then have a couple of pre-match pints. Really looking forward to it.

That sounds like a good plan to me... I've heard the beer (dubious) is pretty expensive/crap in the MEN too.

sound like a plan Matt - But you might find it was the Dancing on Ice he knows the plan from not Ice Hockey !! :grin:

Must confess to be rather underwhelmed by the trio of Sheridan, Wright and Philliskirk.

Never in a million years would we attract the Dodger, however, I remain surprised that Redfearn, Henry, Warhurst, Barlow, Adams, Jobson etc. etc. could not be tempted.

You haven't watched much Masters football then? From what other clubs manage to turn out you should be thankful it's not a case of, "Good god, I'd forgotten David Miskelly played at centre forward for us in 1998."

You haven't watched much Masters football then? From what other clubs manage to turn out you should be thankful it's not a case of, "Good god, I'd forgotten David Miskelly played at centre forward for us in 1998."

Exactly! And not impressed with TW? He's won it twice in the last 3 years!

No I have not watched much Masters Football, no real interest in it, rather like Euro 2008 !

Did Philliskirk represent the club more times than Miskelly ?

No I have not watched much Masters Football, no real interest in it, rather like Euro 2008 !

A fair question, which I don't know the answer to. I think the possibly ungentlemanly chap has the edge when it comes to number of players knocked out who were wearing the wrong coloured shirt though. Surely TP has earned the right anyway, he did play for us and has been a crucial part of the setup since?

I would imagine the block mentioned was block 109 or one of the nearest to it. It's right behind the goal and is traditionally the MEN home end!!! Or it was for the Ice Hockey back in the day anyway.

I can't wait - what a way to spend my last Saturday as a single man - out on the lash with the lads watching Latics old boys!

I would imagine the block mentioned was block 109 or one of the nearest to it. It's right behind the goal and is traditionally the MEN home end!!! Or it was for the Ice Hockey back in the day anyway.

I can't wait - what a way to spend my last Saturday as a single man - out on the lash with the lads watching Latics old boys!

Really lookin forward to it, any talk of Palmer bein there is dreamland imo.

We have a mini bus goin from the Rifle Range so should be a good day out.

Guest oa_exile

To give you a quick answer, no :) and Miskell played less than 20 ^_^

Sinclairs Oyster bar next to Selfridges and Harvey Knicks, cheap beerage and a decent beer garden.