Chinatwatra

"Let me start by saying that I am neither City or Spurs, but I do know a little about what is happening with Corluka due to a 'business' interest.

When Spurs first made contact, it was Shinawatra's people that agreed a fee with Spurs and told Corluka he was free to leave. They did that without Mark Hughes' knowledge or consent.

Corluka was suprised to say the least. When Hughes took over he told Corluka he was one of the mainstays in his future plan for MCFC. Nevertheless, Corluka travelled to London to meet with Spurs' people.

Hughes then found out about the deal, and basically vetoed it - which was something the Thai's people had agreed he could do with any transfer activity when he took over. That's when Corluka was summoned back to Manchester to go up to Glasgow for the Celtic friendly.

Behind the scenes a real row started between Hughes and certain elements of the board; Hughes furious that they had gone behind his back to sell Corluka to Spurs, and the board enraged that Hughes had effectively recalled him from London for the Celtic game.

Shinawatra's people told Hughes that evening that the deal was 'too good to turn down', largely due to Shinawatra's financial problems. So, immediately after the Celtic game, Corluka flew back to London to resume talks with Spurs.

When Spurs' initial offer was accepted, Corluka had no real desire to leave City. That wasn't anything against Spurs, more the vision for the future of MCFC he had been sold by Hughes and Cook. However, after meeting with Spurs and talking with Modric, Corluka was sold on Tottenham and agreed terms. He went through a two-day medical, which he passed without problem. He's been holed up in a London since early Friday morning - hence why he missed the club photo.

Spurs agreed the final details for the transfer with City yesterday morning, and Corluka put pen to paper on his player registration.

Then City's people accepted the offer from Sunderland for Stephen Ireland, and Hughes went properly mental. Twice in 48 hours he felt he was having players he wanted sold from under him. In a rage, it was Hughes who called Ireland and told him he was expected to report to the CoMS to report for the Milan game. Hughes putting him on for a couple of minutes was a big statement on his part.

Here comes the really interesting part.

Hughes last night told Cook he was through with City and wants out, the sale of Corluka and Ireland being the straw that broke the camel's back. He said if the Corluka deal went through particularly, he would be on his way out of City too.

At that point City have tried to derail the Corluka and Ireland deals.

BUT, Spurs claim to have completed the paper work for the transfer which has already been lodged with the FA and signed by someone from City with authorisation to do so. City say they agreed a sale in principle with Spurs, but that no final transfer documents had been signed.

As such Corluka, who was expecting to be paraded at White Hart Lane this afternoon, is in limbo. However, he has now set his heart on Spurs and linking up with Modric and has told City he will not return to the CoMS under any circumstances. He has been sold on Tottenham, and become frustrated with the background stuff taking place at City.

Spurs and City are maintaining their respective positions, but Spurs have basically told City that they are willing to see the issue go to court. They believe they have signed Corluka, and Corluka wants to play for them.

What a mess."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from an alleged employee of MCFC -

"I'm sorry to say this, as a life long fan and - for the last few (for me at least) unforgettable months - employee, MCFC as we know it is finished. Here are the FACTS, for those who really want to know. Thaksin is, as of midlnight 10th August, 2008, an international fugitive.

He now has to be found guilty of corruption in Thailand in his absense, offering no defence. Extradition requests will surely follow. The PL will then have to find him short of the fit and proper ownership rules (and believe me, the pressure for that from fellow 'members' has been growing since June).

Thaksin is trying to palm off City onto whoever will now take it, an insolvent mess of a business, completely incapable of sustaining itself. The truth is that the only interested party (until recently) - Wardle - is not now able to bail City out now , he cant come close on his own and no partners have been found. The wage bioll and committments due on the last 2 years' transfers have spiralled out of control.

The Corluka affair is the last straw - I personally worked on the deal and can assure anyone interested that he has already been transferred to Spurs. Spurs have this evening started legal action, and he will be barred from playing for City following an injunction in the courts tomorrow.

Personally I expect Hughes to then resign on principal (he has no choice now, he is on record as saying that he will have final say on all transfers). Many wont believe any of this, but a few will.

I am very close to this situation (readers will never know who I am or how close - a few would know my name but it isnt appropriate to for me to come 'out') - trust me, I am close enough to know what has happeneded in the last fortnight, I am pissed off with it (as a fan, and as someone who has worked hard for the club durinig the ast 18 months or so) and it must be said, a little drunk.

I am posting this message on a few sites - apologies for those that keep reading it, but I want City fans to know what is happening. The sad truth is we are finished, and that as a result, the PL will be facing its biggest challenge since inception within 2 weeks of now."

Had this in my email inbox at work this morning

"Let me start by saying that I am neither City or Spurs, but I do know a little about what is happening with Corluka due to a 'business' interest.

When Spurs first made contact, it was Shinawatra's people that agreed a fee with Spurs and told Corluka he was free to leave. They did that without Mark Hughes' knowledge or consent.

Corluka was suprised to say the least. When Hughes took over he told Corluka he was one of the mainstays in his future plan for MCFC. Nevertheless, Corluka travelled to London to meet with Spurs' people.

Hughes then found out about the deal, and basically vetoed it - which was something the Thai's people had agreed he could do with any transfer activity when he took over. That's when Corluka was summoned back to Manchester to go up to Glasgow for the Celtic friendly.

Behind the scenes a real row started between Hughes and certain elements of the board; Hughes furious that they had gone behind his back to sell Corluka to Spurs, and the board enraged that Hughes had effectively recalled him from London for the Celtic game.

Shinawatra's people told Hughes that evening that the deal was 'too good to turn down', largely due to Shinawatra's financial problems. So, immediately after the Celtic game, Corluka flew back to London to resume talks with Spurs.

When Spurs' initial offer was accepted, Corluka had no real desire to leave City. That wasn't anything against Spurs, more the vision for the future of MCFC he had been sold by Hughes and Cook. However, after meeting with Spurs and talking with Modric, Corluka was sold on Tottenham and agreed terms. He went through a two-day medical, which he passed without problem. He's been holed up in a London since early Friday morning - hence why he missed the club photo.

Spurs agreed the final details for the transfer with City yesterday morning, and Corluka put pen to paper on his player registration.

Then City's people accepted the offer from Sunderland for Stephen Ireland, and Hughes went properly mental. Twice in 48 hours he felt he was having players he wanted sold from under him. In a rage, it was Hughes who called Ireland and told him he was expected to report to the CoMS to report for the Milan game. Hughes putting him on for a couple of minutes was a big statement on his part.

Here comes the really interesting part.

Hughes last night told Cook he was through with City and wants out, the sale of Corluka and Ireland being the straw that broke the camel's back. He said if the Corluka deal went through particularly, he would be on his way out of City too.

At that point City have tried to derail the Corluka and Ireland deals.

BUT, Spurs claim to have completed the paper work for the transfer which has already been lodged with the FA and signed by someone from City with authorisation to do so. City say they agreed a sale in principle with Spurs, but that no final transfer documents had been signed.

As such Corluka, who was expecting to be paraded at White Hart Lane this afternoon, is in limbo. However, he has now set his heart on Spurs and linking up with Modric and has told City he will not return to the CoMS under any circumstances. He has been sold on Tottenham, and become frustrated with the background stuff taking place at City.

Spurs and City are maintaining their respective positions, but Spurs have basically told City that they are willing to see the issue go to court. They believe they have signed Corluka, and Corluka wants to play for them.

What a mess."

And according to Setanta, Ireland was actually in the squad for the Milan friendly. Ireland was told by a director not to play in case he got injured and scuppered a deal with Newcastle or Bolton. Hughes knew nothing until Ireland didn't turn up for the friendly on Saturday afternoon.

Even by City's standards, this is an unbelieveable mess. Swailes and Lee were bad, but this...

They can't say they weren't warned!!

I can see that you're getting no satisfaction at all from saying "I told you so" are you, Dale :grin:

Even during the good run early season last year I was still telling my City supporting boss "It's City, it will go wrong, it always does". I wouldn't normally wish this situation on any club (except Franchise FC). However, most City fans were not in the least bit concerned where the money was coming from or how it had been accumulated whilst it was being splashed on new signings. For that reason they only have themselves to blame.

They can't say they weren't warned!!

City reall do amaze me. Swailes and Lee did not have especially good reputations in the local business world, but they pale into insignificance compared with Taxi. However, Bernstein had a good reputation as a reputable businessman. He brought stability to the club. It was under him that the finances were finally put in order and they got promoted back to the top. So, what did they do? Got rid. Not good enough.

Typical. They only have themselves to blame.

No satisfaction at all, Matt. ;)

It's C*ty, it's M*rk H*ghes and it's Th*ksin.

I'm loving every minute of it :)

I think that's terrible. Dreadful. How can you take satisfaction out of the suffering of ordinary football fansssssssssss

KIDDING. It's hilarious!!!!!!!!

What a great start to the season on the pitich, off the pitch and just down the road.

If there's one set of fans who deserve all that's coming to them it's them.

• 2 weeks later...

Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra has offered to resign from the board at Eastlands, executive chairman Garry Cook has revealed.

The former Thai prime minister flew to Britain last week instead of returning to his homeland to face court charges, calling into question his future at City.

The Premier League are looking into the situation amid claims Thaksin could fail the 'fit and proper person test' for involvement in a top-flight club.

Cook said: "Dr Thaksin is embarrassed about the indignity brought on all the entities - the club, the Premier League - he never intended this.

"Dr Thaksin has been really open about this. He has said to me, 'if you need me to resign from the football club as a director, because it would serve the needs of the Premier League, then I'm fine with that as long as that doesn't change any other thing.'

"I think there is a very loose term about what is 'fit and proper.' It is almost a tongue-in-cheek term that you would use for Premier League football over the last 10 years. There are plenty of unfit and improper individuals."

Cook also admitted Thaksin does have financial constraints - his assets have been frozen in Thailand - but denied it will be a major problem for City.

"Dr Thaksin is in a political situation and a case that affects his assets, so that's well documented. So that's a hurdle," Cook said.

"The truth of it is this club is not going to go out of business. This club is not bankrupt. We're moving forward."

Cook revealed Thaksin will not be present when City host West Ham tomorrow because of fears for his safety.

"He wants to be at this ground on Sunday but he is hearing advice about being in a public space," Cook added.

I saw an interview with that Gary Cook fellow in one of the papers - Guardian or Times I forget - and he came across as the kind of 'new football' parasite that we all love to loathe. He reckons the Premier League should be 10 or 12 teams maximum with no relegation - of course, City would be one of those. He was also outraged that there was a City team in the masters and that the programme had the audacity to congratulate them on winning it - they were using 'the brand' without his say so you see. He then bleated about the pitchside advertisements not being from major international brands which didnt look right when he was watching from hotels in Tokyo,Bangkok and Hong Kong. Then there was the usual guff about Shinawatra being a fine upstanding character.

I simply cannot wait for Man City to implode - hopefully after they've got a fair price for Micah Richards of course.

I saw an interview with that Gary Cook fellow in one of the papers - Guardian or Times I forget - and he came across as the kind of 'new football' parasite that we all love to loathe. He reckons the Premier League should be 10 or 12 teams maximum with no relegation - of course, City would be one of those. He was also outraged that there was a City team in the masters and that the programme had the audacity to congratulate them on winning it - they were using 'the brand' without his say so you see. He then bleated about the pitchside advertisements not being from major international brands which didnt look right when he was watching from hotels in Tokyo,Bangkok and Hong Kong. Then there was the usual guff about Shinawatra being a fine upstanding character.

I simply cannot wait for Man City to implode - hopefully after they've got a fair price for Micah Richards of course.

Don't you find it strange that :censored:y attract the crappiest senior managers/admin/chairmen. Swailes, Lee and who was that ugly git that Swailes decided to employ to talk to the cameras because of his 'charm'? Now these two clowns.