Councillor Bashforth and traffic

Was interesting to note this week that for JD Williams plans for the supermassively tall warehouse development in Shaw, the traffic planners recommended approval on traffic grounds. This time, Councillor Bashforth actually voted for the development after getting his fingers burnt after the Latics development.

... and the development still got turned down in the end! It's unknown as yet whether JD Williams are arranging a march on Civic Centre as we speak.

I used to work for JD Williams.

Thankfully not in that hellhole.

Though I do remember when they first implemented the new "fully automated" warehouse system. It relied on a daily reconciliation run to balance up the IT systems. Only trouble was it took 25 hours to run.

Had a feeling it was going to be rejected (the planning application that is). Shaw wasn't really designed for that much traffic...

Had a feeling it was going to be rejected (the planning application that is). Shaw wasn't really designed for that much traffic...

Well, like the Latics development, the traffic wouldn't have increased enough to have it rejected on traffic grounds. Even though it was a much bigger warehouse, They would have orginised more incoming and outgoing deliveries to evening and early mornings I assume.

Anyway, speaking of warehouse and stock systems. I'm just getting used to a new one and it's doing my head right in. Back to work......

Was interesting to note this week that for JD Williams plans for the supermassively tall warehouse development in Shaw, the traffic planners recommended approval on traffic grounds. This time, Councillor Bashforth actually voted for the development after getting his fingers burnt after the Latics development.

... and the development still got turned down in the end! It's unknown as yet whether JD Williams are arranging a march on Civic Centre as we speak.

Use to work there myself also last week on the little roundabout between Littlewoods and JD i was in a taxi which was hit from a car coming from JD.

Glad its not been given the go ahead.

:)

Yup Oldham is closed for business....

Not at all.

But it's a bit more difficult developing a site like JD Williams and ensuring transport links meet the new demand when there's a busy towm centre in the way than it is if you're developing on brown belt land next to motorway links...

Not at all.

But it's a bit more difficult developing a site like JD Williams and ensuring transport links meet the new demand when there's a busy towm centre in the way than it is if you're developing on brown belt land next to motorway links...

cant see why it was rejected...its a town full of gawbies anyway.lol

Aye, never been the same since the first horse and cart combo.

Are they allowed horses and carts there now? The world has gone mad. Next thing you know there will be a dog playing the piano, and we'll all be expected to sit there as if it were completely normal.