squad tonight + live chat now open

Fleming, Eardley, Stam, Hazell, Lomax, Taylor, Allott, Maher, Whitaker, O'Grady, Smalley.

Subs: Crossley, Kalala, Hughes, Lee, Stephens, Liddell, Alessandra

so not too bothered about tumbling out of the cup then.. but to be honest he had to give fleming stam and maher a full game to keep them tweeked up.

:angry: what is it are we a big enough team to disregard the cup now and field a weak team

i dont think so its a joke imo big mistake by sheridan proved by the scoreline should think about the people payin the prices to get in before deciding he`s not bothered about the league cup

sad

sad

sad

:angry: what is it are we a big enough team to disregard the cup now and field a weak team

i dont think so its a joke imo big mistake by sheridan proved by the scoreline should think about the people payin the prices to get in before deciding he`s not bothered about the league cup

sad

sad

sad

you just got back ?

sad

sad

sad

There are people who would rather Stam was in the first 11, same for Smalley, and for Fleming. It's not like he sent a rubbish team out there.

No, buts it's all about having a 'squad' not just a good starting Xl. Unfortunately it didn't work out for us tonight as Burnley had a stronger team out and with their poor start they really couldn't have had a better opportunity to get their season on track playing a 1st division team.

No, buts it's all about having a 'squad' not just a good starting Xl. Unfortunately it didn't work out for us tonight as Burnley had a stronger team out and with their poor start they really couldn't have had a better opportunity to get their season on track playing a 1st division team.

Fair point - especially the bit about it not really working out for us tonight. Teams like us should use the squad system to replace first choice players if injured or banned (or when competing in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy) not in games in which we have a real chance of winning and progressing to a potentially money-spinning third round.

Fair point - especially the bit about it not really working out for us tonight. Teams like us should use the squad system to replace first choice players if injured or banned (or when competing in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy) not in games in which we have a real chance of winning and progressing to a potentially money-spinning third round.

We will never know now, but I wonder if the 'first' team would have beaten Burnley? A draw against one of the big boys would have brought in revenue that was not in budget - money that may have to be found through a player sale?

Back on track for Colchester I hope - a new ground and the league leaders in town - :pray: