Are we bothered?

I'm a tad disappointed that he didn't play Hughes from the kick-off, but, these games are here to try out the other squad members. Nobody seems to take this cup seriously anymore, while a good run would be beneficial, going out is no great loss.

Feel sorry for Fleming - how did he do?

Bring on Colchester and 3pts (fingers crossed).

The reality check had to come sooner ot later,i'd rather it happened in the cup than the league. One less distraction. I wouldn't mind us getting knocked out of the paint pot trophy but my mate's a morecambe fan and i'd never hear the last of it.

I'm a tad disappointed that he didn't play Hughes from the kick-off, but, these games are here to try out the other squad members. Nobody seems to take this cup seriously anymore, while a good run would be beneficial, going out is no great loss.

Feel sorry for Fleming - how did he do?

Bring on Colchester and 3pts (fingers crossed).

Not good for confidence being beat 3 nil tho. Reality check all round. By all means play other squad members like you state but why 4-5-1 stick to 4-4-2 without sounding smart i had my doubts before we had kicked a ball. Anyway beat colchester and all is forgot

Lets put it into context - are we bothered, yes, of course we frigging are, we just lost... we want to win every game, and how good would it be watching the next round of the cup...

But beat the dingles 2-0, or beat Leeds 2-0... I know which one I would rater have....

Could work either way... just glad it wasnt our first eleven that got beat....

Lets put it into context - are we bothered, yes, of course we frigging are, we just lost... we want to win every game, and how good would it be watching the next round of the cup...

But beat the dingles 2-0, or beat Leeds 2-0... I know which one I would rater have....

Could work either way... just glad it wasnt our first eleven that got beat....

If we'd have played the first 11, no way we would've got beat 3-0 BUT I wouldn't have wanted to risk injuring Lardarse, Greegs or Hughes from the start - the backbone of the team.

It'll be a different story at Col U, hopefully Shez will put the 451 to rest now, didn't work in pre-season, won't work in the League either imo.

A little disappointed as we could badly do with a good cup run. Think this shows that although we have strength in depth we can't expect to make wholesale changes without it making a difference.

Winning breeds confidence and we could have done with extending our run, however, if we get a draw at Colchester and stuff Tranmere this result will be quickly forgotten.

Roll on Saturday!!!

Hmm, lets see...

Names in bold = didnt play last match

Names in italics = did play in last match.

Fleming, Eardley, Lomax, Stam, Hazell, Allott, Maher, Whitaker, Smalley, Taylor, O'Grady

Jensen, Duff, Kalvenes, Carlisle, Alexander, Caldwell, McCann, McDonald, Elliott, Eagles, Paterson

Latics reserves vs full Championship side basically...

Hmm, lets see...

Names in bold = didnt play last match

Names in italics = did play in last match.

Fleming, Eardley, Lomax, Stam, Hazell, Allott, Maher, Whitaker, Smalley, Taylor, O'Grady

Jensen, Duff, Kalvenes, Carlisle, Alexander, Caldwell, McCann, McDonald, Elliott, Eagles, Paterson

Latics reserves vs full Championship side basically...

Im sorry i dont agree. Five players that could be in our first team with any injuries.

Yes they are a championship club but they have been :censored: so far this season and to lose 3-0.......really!

i hope its just a blip

Yes i am bothered. I live in Burnley and now i wont hear the end of it.

BURNLEYs weakness is defence, so what do we do? Play 1 up top???

It did show the difference between our divisions. They were a lot better than us. There was only Taylor who looked like he would get in their side.

Although when we changed it round it looked a lot better and if we started with what we have been doing then it would have been a lot closer game.

I am really mad that we played 1 up top and we got completely out classed but i wouldnt give 2 Shi*s if it wasnt Burnley as i dont mind that were out of the cup.

Lets just hope it dunt knock our confidence.

Im sorry i dont agree. Five players that could be in our first team with any injuries.

Yes they are a championship club but they have been :censored: so far this season and to lose 3-0.......really!

i hope its just a blip

you could say this is what happens when you havent got a ressies side playing twice a week,the players waiting to come in and get there chance are not upto match speed,so are bound to be a little off the pace.....it makes you wonder that if we did get injuries and this was a league match how much confidence would have been drained from our team.....

but like i have said elsewhere....ill take this exit and the other cup exits in favour of promotion any day of the week.

I agree with edhunter, the fringe players are not getting the match practice in, and although the frustration last season of the injury pile-up putting a dent into our season's aspirations was disappointing, we need to start sorting out the proposed friendly matches to get the players up to scratch.

And why 4-5-1 for God's sake? I wish Sheridan wouldn't tinker around.

Roll on Saturday and let's get the Hughesy piledriver machine into action again! :)

Would you be moaning about 4-5-1 if we'd won 6-0?

Experiment's a good thing, we're never going to win the Carling Cup, so why not experiment in that?!

experimenting with a formation that was used in pre season and proven not to work? Coming up against a side who's got the dodgiest defence in the championship - as found out on tuesday night just why that is the case, when we finally went two upfront and caused them problems.

As for winning 6-0. Has any team ever won 6-0 whilst playing the 4-5-1 formation?...................

Edited by Rocky_Latic