Which Players Have You Met & Who Did You Most/Least Like ?

In my time with the club i have met all the players. Some are great guys, some are so far up their own arses they can do the dentists job themselves. I do honestly think that some of them really dont realise they are being arsey, it just comes naturally. To be honest, the second i realise someone is a miserable git i dont bother trying to interact with them, its a waste of my time and theres. Pogs used to be a top guy and a laugh, but whilst he was at Blackpool i think they removed his sense of humour, he was a miserable sod to say the least. Ronnie Moore never had a sense of humour to start with, but John Breckin was a very nice guy.

I can see where people come from saying Shez comes across as miserable, but i think he just plays his cards close to his chest. He can come across as sour faced but from my meetings he always seems like a top bloke, and his knowledge of the game is unbeleiveable, he just seems to see everything differently.

The nicest players i have ever met are without a doubt....

Allott - He IS Mr Oldham. He even went to the trouble of getting Chris Taylor to drop a signed picture of himself for my son when he was at a party because he didnt see him at one of the games. He always says hiya when he see's me.

Stam - Just a very happy bloke who always says hello 9and offers to share his "smoke and a pancake")

Smalley - Always lets on and has a laugh.

Will Haining - Always had time for anyone.

Wellens - Came across all "Big time Charlie" until you actually spoke to him.

Vernon - Always had a smile on his face, loved the club.

Philliskirk - Very down to earth and always says hello to people, and takes the trouble to find out your name the first time he meets you so he can call you by your name the next time.

Tommy Wright - Seems a bit scary until you get to know him. Smashing bloke to talk to and even better to play football along side.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic