CHARACTER!

In recent seasons after conceding first in a game we rarely seemed to have the desire, bottle or know how to get back into a game. However, after watching a great comeback against Millwall, coupled with the draw today you have to say this team has bags of character, and has a never say die attitude! Admittedly it is still early days, but the ability of this seasons team to bounce back against the odds is a good omen for our promotion aspirations! Long may it continue! :wink:

In recent seasons after conceding first in a game we rarely seemed to have the desire, bottle or know how to get back into a game. However, after watching a great comeback against Millwall, coupled with the draw today you have to say this team has bags of character, and has a never say die attitude! Admittedly it is still early days, but the ability of this seasons team to bounce back against the odds is a good omen for our promotion aspirations! Long may it continue! :wink:

i agree at this stage of the season comparisons are already being drawn to the squad of 1990....

i think this season the youngsters who had to play last season know what its all about,and are not scared to get stuck in.couple that with the experienced campaigners doing well.

there is a hell of a long way to go,but so far things look good.

Me thinks it's something to do with Chris Taylor and his pride , passion and belief!! The guy never gives up!! Didn't go today but watched Soccer Saturday to which Jeff Stelling announced Taylor's goal as being scored by the local hero!

Oh and another classic Jeff said today when Hartlepool got Leeds in the cup "aww I wanted a big team"!!!!!

Me thinks it's something to do with Chris Taylor and his pride , passion and belief!! The guy never gives up!! Didn't go today but watched Soccer Saturday to which Jeff Stelling announced Taylor's goal as being scored by the local hero!

Oh and another classic Jeff said today when Hartlepool got Leeds in the cup "aww I wanted a big team"!!!!!

Well he's right isn't he!

They might have big crowds, but Leeds United is no longer a big team.

Agree with the character comments we didn't want to lose, we didn't even want to draw. Colchester have a couple of sharp attacking players who will cause a lot of other teams problems but we stood up to it and without playing exceptional (well in patches is more accurate) we showed plenty of bottle.

Taylors attitude was a joy to watch just how much did he want it? He wanted to pick the ball up at times try to beat everyone and score nobody wanted it as much as him. That lad is one of us in the stands represented out there and i carnt speak highly enough of him. and i couldn't put a price on his head

Agree with the character comments we didn't want to lose, we didn't even want to draw. Colchester have a couple of sharp attacking players who will cause a lot of other teams problems but we stood up to it and without playing exceptional (well in patches is more accurate) we showed plenty of bottle.

Taylors attitude was a joy to watch just how much did he want it? He wanted to pick the ball up at times try to beat everyone and score nobody wanted it as much as him. That lad is one of us in the stands represented out there and i carnt speak highly enough of him. and i couldn't put a price on his head

Taylor is pretty much unplayable at this level with his confidence up, once he has beaten the fullback once on the outside it's almost game over. It looks like all of the team are really enjoying playing for us at the moment, it can only be down to good recruitment and good management. Shez Out!