this made me chuckle

Then your experience is limited. As usual CJ anyone who expresses an opinion based on personal experience and 'its stupid.' Everyone is wrong. You're right. Who gives a toss about Millwall. One Millwall fan. Oh well, then every city fan is a great guy. What planet are you on? No one mentioned them. Were you there on the several occassions that city fans came to Oldham and kicked the :censored: out of everyone that moved? Not once but several times. Very benign. And oh those lovely ditties they sing about, er, what do they call them? Munichs. How benign to call a set of fans after one of the most appalling disasters in the history of football. I grew up around them, experienced what many are really like and can't stand them.

You can be a self-opinionated, self-righteous arse at times.

Yes, I've been to nearly every City-Oldham game, both home and away, since they became regular(ish) occurences in the early eighties.

I, too, grew up around City fans-I lived and worked for fifteen years in Manchester until recently and still regularly have to work there. One side of my family is Mancunian, too. None of them have kicked any :censored: out of any Oldham fans. Ever. A load of them, and their mates, came to support us at Wembley in 1990 and 1994.

All clubs have hooligans; clubs with large followings usually have lots of hooligans, but they don't generally encourage them. So, too, do United fans have sick songs about City and (especially) Liverpool. Other clubs sing sick songs about their rivals. So what? That's what some people are like in this society, unfortunately.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic