Watch Our Goal Here Now!

Do mine eyes deceive me or was that another excellent cross from Neil Eardley? Following that absolute bullet for Hughesy's header. Wish my crossing weas that rubbish.

Neal Eardley O.B.A. was outstanding yesterday...when he gets forward he's the perfect accompaniment to Lids who can hold the ball up and play him in on the overlap, or can cross it himself after Eards makes another long run out of defence. They're a very good combination, and adds balance as we have creativity coming from both wings.

Watching us on TV, home or away, I always feel a little depressed at the sight of the vast sections of totally empty seating, especially when you consider developments in the Premier League this week. Seeing the sparse crowds on screen always seems worse than actually being amongst them.

Not getting at you CJ, but it's always the people who don't go to games who comment on the empty seats. Chicken and egg - which came first, watching on Tv or empty seats?

Not getting at you CJ, but it's always the people who don't go to games who comment on the empty seats. Chicken and egg - which came first, watching on Tv or empty seats?

I was merely commenting on the way that it looks worse when you see it on telly than it does when you're actually at the game.

When it comes to watching on TV, it can hardly be said that the prospect of Latics being on keeps away the casual fan. Rather, it's Sky, as well as the illegal screenings of live games in pubs.

When clubs like ours are glimpsed on TV, the sight of virtually empty stands will hardly encourage the casual supporter and the lapsed cynic. But you're right-it is the chicken and egg situation.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

I was merely commenting on the way that it looks worse when you see it on telly than it does when you're actually at the game.

When it comes to watching on TV, it can hardly be said that the prospect of Latics being on keeps away the casual fan. Rather, it's Sky, as well as the illegal screenings of live games in pubs.

When clubs like ours are glimpsed on TV, the sight of virtually empty stands will hardly encourage the casual supporter and the lapsed cynic. But you're right-it is the chicken and egg situation.

I understand what you're getting at, but that's the point, if the casual supporters and the lapsed cynics are put off by seeing virtually empty stands on TV, there is no hope for the future. They should be thinking that's my seat and I should make the effort to get down there for a piece of the action. Otherwise one day there will be no BP on their screeens for them to look for empty seats.

Watching us on TV, home or away, I always feel a little depressed at the sight of the vast sections of totally empty seating, especially when you consider developments in the Premier League this week. Seeing the sparse crowds on screen always seems worse than actually being amongst them.

But that was the Home end CJ