Metallica - Death Magnetic

ste1987

Is it's nearest compatriot the 'One' album, or is it nearer any of the superior previous albums?

I'd give five times the money for 'Ride the Lightning' again.

I think the sound of the new album is great, especially the drumming and solos which i thought lacked in St. Anger. Personally, I don't think its beter than the Black Album, but in my eyes its certainly their best since their late 80's early 90s material.

I had the fortune to see one or two tracks live, Cyanide was fist pumpingly good.

Worth buying?

Definitely worth it! Where did you see them live out of interest? over the Leeds/Reading weekend? I think Live they have only played Cyanide and The Day That Never Comes so it was probs either of those?

Im hoping for a few northern UK dates in the near future! :wink:

It is no where near as good kill em all,ride the lightning, master of puppets or and justice for all but it is better than St Anger that goes without saying. they seem to have mixed sounds from the earley albums with the garage inc sound which is abit wierd. its not a bad album but its nothing special. it depends what type of metallica fan you are.if you like power driven thrash metal like the earley albums (as i do) this probabley wont be a big deal for you but if your favourite tallica album is the black album then this is probabley one for you.

also if you do like thrash then get 'enter the grave' by Evile, a young (and brilliant) thrash outfit from huddersfield.