The flag's still unbeaten

At half time I was speaking to ‘Big Fin’ who commented at how strong we looked defencively. I said that my only concern was that after the comebacks we’d witnessed at home to Millwall and away at Colchester, we were due someone doing the same to us. They were only words though. He was right. We’d defended resolutely and I couldn’t see us throwing this away.

Thanks mate! I was hoping those comments would be forgotten about! should learn to keep my big mouth shut...!!! :lol:

Ah well... all part of the Latics experience!

Nice report mate!

B)

I'm looking forward to seeing you picutre outside the New Den with the flag

I'm gutted to say that I'm missing Millwall as I'm at Al Murray that night so some other lucky person gets that pleasure.

I think what we need is a couple in their sixties, nobody would touch them!

Any suggestions?

I woke up in Manchester on the Saturday morning after being treated to a night at The Hilton by my wife and after a hearty breakfast
nice birthday present there mark .. my wife would let me stay on a park bench for my birthday and look in a bin for breakfast .. which is soon oct 11th i will be 47 ! :sign0068: i am getting old Edited by boboafc

I'm gutted to say that I'm missing Millwall as I'm at Al Murray that night so some other lucky person gets that pleasure.

Any suggestions?

Trouble is, people that age need to be able to sit down. They wouldn't be able to stand and hold the flag up long enough for a photo-shoot.

We ‘chose’ to take an unusual route up to Hartlepool. By the time I was asked to look at which junction we were supposed to come off the A1, we were a good thirty miles plus further up. It wasn’t a problem though as we were able to come off around Darlington and cut across easy enough. A slight diversion but nothing catastrophic. We had wondered why there were no Latics fans about at the services we’d stopped at for a McDonalds! I don’t know whether this was anything unusual but I was amazed by the number of military convoys travelling South

Its not unusual to see military convoys heading up and down that bit of the A1, considering there's a few air force bases in the area and the big army barracks at Catterick. I see you didn't read my insider tip bit on Hartlepool either, in which I clearly state the juntion off the A1/A1(M) is not that obvious (I will admit to missing it the first time I went up the a19 too). However, if you had been 30 miles further North than the junction you would have need to come off the a1 even further up (by Bishop Auckland) as the distance between those bits of the A1 is less than 30 miles long.

Don't get me wrong I do enjoy reading the blog (especially for games I'm not at) I hope you keep up the good work. I'm just being a bit pedantic.

Its not unusual to see military convoys heading up and down that bit of the A1, considering there's a few air force bases in the area and the big army barracks at Catterick. I see you didn't read my insider tip bit on Hartlepool either, in which I clearly state the juntion off the A1/A1(M) is not that obvious (I will admit to missing it the first time I went up the a19 too). However, if you had been 30 miles further North than the junction you would have need to come off the a1 even further up (by Bishop Auckland) as the distance between those bits of the A1 is less than 30 miles long.

Don't get me wrong I do enjoy reading the blog (especially for games I'm not at) I hope you keep up the good work. I'm just being a bit pedantic.

You underestimate our incompitence. Bishop Aukland is pretty spot on as to where we realised our error and cut along the A689 over to Hartlepool!

You underestimate our incompitence. Bishop Aukland is pretty spot on as to where we realised our error and cut along the A689 over to Hartlepool!

Well I wish I'd been there to take part in another navigational cock up. Splendid stuff. I presume all local speed limits were being observed at all times.....

Fair enough I got the impression you had used the A66 at darlo to cut across to the A19. Once you had missed the A168 to get to the A19, there's not much difference in which roads you use to get to the A19/Hartlepool.

Any suggestions?

Trouble is, people that age need to be able to sit down. They wouldn't be able to stand and hold the flag up long enough for a photo-shoot.

How soon some people forget those who are determined to stand at away games.

We will be pleased to do the necessary at the New Den. It will be a piece of cake - we'll probably get the Millwall fans to hold the flag as Ernie was one of them.

By the way, I was told that Louise and baby Isabella Cooksey are going to be at the Huddersfield game.