Gregan - 3 game ban!

Fair enough.

The tackle at the time had my hands on my head expecting the worst and the replays haven't changed my mind.

Also, wouldn't a failed appeal have had him missing the Leicester game as well?

As it stands he's missing for 3 games where he won't be missed as much.

I wasn't at the game so all I'm going on is this replay link - and I've got to say I'm all for Gregan having this rescinded but I'm really not sure how. From the replay it looks like a two footed lunge where is feet at the highest point are somewhere near the Hartlepool players thigh (replay link 0:13)

Not that it matters now but if you watch it again you will see it looks more like his arms near his thigh as we played in black socks,also(imo)the player saw what was comin and skipped over the tackle(no deviation in either leg showing he had been caught)so what was the intent to get the man or the ball or to get a fellow pro sent off ;)

Off topic slightly, but watching Chelsea and Man Utd yesterday - did you see the Lampard "Tackle" on Ronaldo? Lampard stopped short out of a challenge on Ron - like he was nowhere near the slimy get, and greasy boy threw his body in the air like someone had pulled the carpet out from underneath.

Tosspot.

I finally got around to watching this - that's a very rough red card. IMO Gregan was clearly going in to tackle and mistimed it, yellow card and job done. It was one of them where you let the other bloke know that you are on the way in and it's his call if he wants to be there when you arrive, he was out to take ball and man, not trying to hatchet the bloke off the ball, and the other guy made a meal of it.