Chat Help please

FAO Tecchies/Mods...

Now I've returned to exile status, I'll be hitting the chat tomorrow afternoon...but in the past when I've done it my laptop has some sort of attack, the screen goes funny...it starts shaking and flashing...am I using an out of date version of whatever I need or do I need to download something?

Thanks in advance.

FAO Tecchies/Mods...

Now I've returned to exile status, I'll be hitting the chat tomorrow afternoon...but in the past when I've done it my laptop has some sort of attack, the screen goes funny...it starts shaking and flashing...am I using an out of date version of whatever I need or do I need to download something?

Thanks in advance.

I'd hazard a guess it may be something perhaps to do with your Java plugin. Not sure if any other techies could confirm this? Worth a dabble at updating this plugin though.

If you are running a version of a Microsoft Windowsâ„¢ and see only a broken link icon, you will need to download a copy of the Javaâ„¢ Virtual Machine in order to run our application. You may download Javaâ„¢ Support for your browser from the link below:

* Sun Javaâ„¢ Plugin (for Netscape, Opera, MSIE, etc..)

Older versions of Netscape (on certain platforms) such as v4.08, and v4.7x may not run the software. We strongly recommend upgrading to a newer version of Netscape (v6.xx or better) if this is the case. Certain browsers running on Macintosh platforms are not capable of running our software due to problems outside of our control. As WebTV does not support Javaâ„¢, WebTV users will not be able to access the live chat rooms.

Users behind firewalls may need to inform their local IT/network administrator to allow TCP connections on ports 9000-9009 at client.invisionchat.com.

AOL Members: Some users have reported that the built-in AOL browser has difficulty connecting to our service, or does not load colors/emoticons properly. To resolve this, minimize your AOL connection, and use the Internet Explorer browser that came with your computer to access our chat rooms. AOL is rubbish. For those who are still using AOL, you were never warned about AOL when you signed up with them, but I've told you now - so there are no excuses. Get rid...

If you are running a version of a Microsoft Windowsâ„¢ and see only a broken link icon, you will need to download a copy of the Javaâ„¢ Virtual Machine in order to run our application. You may download Javaâ„¢ Support for your browser from the link below:

* Sun Javaâ„¢ Plugin (for Netscape, Opera, MSIE, etc..)

Older versions of Netscape (on certain platforms) such as v4.08, and v4.7x may not run the software. We strongly recommend upgrading to a newer version of Netscape (v6.xx or better) if this is the case. Certain browsers running on Macintosh platforms are not capable of running our software due to problems outside of our control. As WebTV does not support Javaâ„¢, WebTV users will not be able to access the live chat rooms.

Users behind firewalls may need to inform their local IT/network administrator to allow TCP connections on ports 9000-9009 at client.invisionchat.com.

AOL Members: Some users have reported that the built-in AOL browser has difficulty connecting to our service, or does not load colors/emoticons properly. To resolve this, minimize your AOL connection, and use the Internet Explorer browser that came with your computer to access our chat rooms. AOL is rubbish. For those who are still using AOL, you were never warned about AOL when you signed up with them, but I've told you now - so there are no excuses. Get rid...

Thanks mate, I'll give it a go!