Another Saturday without Latics...

Saturday 11th  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Second Saturday afternoon without a Latics match - what are you doing instead?

• Buxton v Blyth Spartans (FA Cup)
    • Curzon Ashton v Mossley (FA Cup)
    • Droylsden v Gateshead (FA Cup)
    • Stalybridge v Durham City (FA Cup)
    • Accrington v Bradford (League Two)
    • Bury v Exeter (League Two)
    • Macclesfield v Aldershot (League Two)
    • Farsley Celtic v Hyde (Blue Sq North)
    • Pub / beer / England (17:15 ko)
    • Shopping with the missus (under the thumb)
    • None of the above, I'm hibernating

So, another Saturday with no Latics match. It's FA Cup 3rd Round Qualifying weekend, with some interesting ties to consider...

Not sure I fancy Curzon Ashton v Mossley - you'd need to be armed with a pitchfork and lit torch to survive that one. :blink:

Think I'll be going to Droylsden with my Dad and brother-in-law ... Dad's old stomping ground so a trip down memory lane for him. :grin:

Think I will have a league 1 scouting weekend - Carlisle V MK Dons on the TV, then off to Brizzle Rovers Vs Leyton Orient.... Might just check that the pubs on Gloucester road still serve beer... of course, just as a safety measure in preparation for the Latics onslaught... like...

Guest M_OAFC

Had England been kicking off an hour later and playing at Boundary Park like they should be I reckon I'd have taken in Curzon Ashton V Mossley beforehand.

Should be a tasty local derby that given that the winners will be just one win away from the 1st Round proper of the FA Cup. Be a fair achievement if one of them gets there. There won't be many clubs, if any, from lower down the pyramid that get that far.

Unfortunately the England game is at Wembley at 5.15pm so at 3pm this Saturday I'll be in a pub in that London slurping porter, quaffing jellied eels with pie mash and liquor and sticking Chas and Dave on the jukebox.

So does that mean I should vote for the pub/beer/England option or was that referring strictly to actually watching the game in a boozer?

Edited by M_OAFC

It works out quite nicely for me, as I have long since been booked up to be in York having a monster session on the Saturday but will be able to make my excuses and drag my aching head over to BP on Sunday. Not sure how much of the England game I’ll get to watch as I’ll not have control over the pubs we go in, but hang on a second, I don’t care!

Guest M_OAFC
Not sure how much of the England game I’ll get to watch as I’ll not have control over the pubs we go in, but hang on a second, I don’t care!

F***ing Irish b***ard :grin:

F***ing Irish b***ard :grin:

Careful, you’ll make Slurms have a seizure! I do actually support England you know despite my Celtic roots, just the last few years I’ve stopped being all that arsed about the bunch of over-hyped muppets.

PS - racist.

....then off to Brizzle Rovers Vs Leyton Orient.... Might just check that the pubs on Gloucester road still serve beer... of course, just as a safety measure in preparation for the Latics onslaught... like...

Perhaps a good opportunity to search out alternative routes for when gridlocked. :wink:

Leeslover ... Zizi's. :grin:

Do you refer to the fine establishment that is Ziggy’s Nightclub and Restaurant? It will be 15 years almost to the week since I first went in there back in my student days. It’s hardly changed, except that the girls in the upstairs bar are friendlier than I recall and I seem to lose an awful lot of money in there.

Ah, er, yeah Ziggy's. No wonder I couldn't find it on the interweb. :laught16:

In my defence, I was exceptionally inebriated by the time we got there.

If you do end up there, pass on my kindest regards to the little 5 foot 2 cutey whose name escapes me. and tell her I'll get her next time... :grin:

Ah, er, yeah Ziggy's. No wonder I couldn't find it on the interweb. :laught16:

In my defence, I was exceptionally inebriated by the time we got there.

If you do end up there, pass on my kindest regards to the little 5 foot 2 cutey whose name escapes me. and tell her I'll get her next time... :grin:

Do you have that £20 you that she lent you when you were drunk? I’ll happily return it to her for you.

Final match of the season for Chonburi. We are now two points behind the leaders so we have to win and hope that PEA FC slip up.

It reminds me of the Latics/West Ham situation on the last day of our championship winning season. Although this time both teams are away.

We'll be taking a huge support to BKK. I just hope that we're all happy at 6:00pm!!

And, if anyone's interested, brief highlights of our last home match can be found here :

http://sstv.siamsport.co.th/ViewClip.asp?C=00004432

See if you can spot me :)

Edited by ThaiLatic

I voted none of the above.....but I'm not hibernating. I'm getting pissed early for my 40th as I'll be in Cuba when it happens.

Make sure you dont miss a trip to Havana if you're not staying there, it was the highlight on my trip.

And dont fall for the very tasty ladies who try to convince you that they have no milk for there babies and if only

you could buy them a couple of bottles which they then sell back to the supermarket!.... :shock:

QUOTE(ThaiLatic @ Oct 8 2008, 04:42 AM)

Final match of the season for Chonburi. We are now two points behind the leaders so we have to win and hope that PEA FC slip up.

It reminds me of the Latics/West Ham situation on the last day of our championship winning season. Although this time both teams are away.

We'll be taking a huge support to BKK. I just hope that we're all happy at 6:00pm!!

And, if anyone's interested, brief highlights of our last home match can be found here :

http://sstv.siamsport.co.th/ViewClip.asp?C=00004432

See if you can spot me

Are you the one in the fish outfit at the start!.....

Sadly not. Although I once got to carry the shark mascot through customs when we were on our way to play in the Singapore Cup Final. :)

Make sure you dont miss a trip to Havana if you're not staying there, it was the highlight on my trip.

And dont fall for the very tasty ladies who try to convince you that they have no milk for there babies and if only

you could buy them a couple of bottles which they then sell back to the supermarket!.... :shock:

I hope I don't fall for them, the wife wouldn't be pleased......she's coming with me.