Definite improvement

I only make one or two games a season, but i thought the standard of football had definitely improved from last year. Even though we lost, the first touch and fitness seemed to be better. Mind you, the last game I was at was the home defeat to Northhampton! (maybe I'm a jinx). I was disappointed with the defence but I think Crossley's backpass clearances were the real killer. Two of them went out for threatening throws which led to at least one of the goals. A new keeper is a must for January. However, I was taken aback by the ugly reaction of some of the fans to Crossley after the third goal, very threatening and abusive. Absolutely no need. Anyway, thats my ten cents! KTF. ( By the way, is the Hereford game on Sky?)

Well if he just came over for the Stockport game we can now blame it entirely on him then :grin:

The first two goals Stockport had men over at the far post on each of them unmarked so can't really blame Crossley for them 3rd goal that was in my book a good finish nowt much he could have done about that really although you don't really want strikers getting in that position with the ball in the first place it wasn't down to one glaring mistake to one individual.

first 2 goals were completely liddell and eardleys fault, we do it all the time, give the wingers loads of time and space to have the ball and cross it in. Eardleys main role as rb is to stop crosses coming in, he couldnt be bothered to even put a foot in never mind a block to stop the cross, him and liddell casually jogged out to their left winger. Yes poor marking in the centre but by rights they probably werent expecting the cross to come in. Its the same on the left side though as well, wingers play it back to the fullback to cross and taylor is 2 seconds too slow in closing down, harrying and winning it back. This is the one major downfall of the team for me - when the oppo have the ball in their half or are casually knocking it about, we never show enough urgency to win it back. If we upped the workrate we would have beaten stockport but unfortunately it was clear only one team wanted to truely win the game, or at least they showed more grit and determination than we did.

May seem like a rant but every week we have to be looking to improve, hence always looking at the negative side of performances, which is what most latics fans tend to do which is then seen as being a 'moan' when it is simply looking at bad points and trying to perfect the team performance by hopefully eradicating errors.

I was disappointed with the defence but I think Crossley's backpass clearances were the real killer.

The first goal stemmed directly from the quality of the backpass from Hazell which was awful. Why on earth did he lift it instead of passing it along the ground? In fact, watch Hazell's distribution generally and he always puts people under pressure with his chipped passes.