CB cover for Sunday?

So our defence picks itself

RB- Lomax

CB- Hazzell

CB- Byrne

LB-Jones

Bench? As Corney has already said no Thompson,

So who? That young black lad in the reserves? Forget his name? Who else?

Yep I agree with that. I would have said Paul Black on bench but i think he is still on loan at Barrow.

Hope we dont suffer for the lack of CB brought in in the summer.

I will tell you something... Thompson had a great game in the reserves the other day. He was commited and agressive, and had his hands full with their number 9. I wonder what he has done to pee TTA off? Suerly someone would want him on loan to free up the wages???

I will tell you something... Thompson had a great game in the reserves the other day. He was commited and agressive, and had his hands full with their number 9. I wonder what he has done to pee TTA off? Suerly someone would want him on loan to free up the wages???

I said in a previous thread I would give him a chance on the bench just in case but hey.

I said at one point last season that I thought Ratters might be next in line to go CB, we might be close to that again, especially as we have options at CM. Or Eardley went in the middle for a while in a game this season didn’t he? Could be that with Taylor or Lee at FB.

yeah thompson did well, i also liked the look of the other lad at CB (dawson, i think) he did really well.

If a centre back goes off injured on Saturday I reckon Jones, who is 6'2, will move inside, with Taylor to left back and Smalley on the wing. Or if we lose a full back it'll just be Taylor slotting in for the injured player and Smalley on the wing.