Reserves

Just had a look at our reserve line-up up for tonight's match against ManU.

TTA have done a fantastic job since rescuing our club...tonights line up would even give Hereford's 1st team a run for their money.

If we can get into the Championship at the end of the season I have no doubt that TTA will give us the resources to stay there.

I reckon we might break 9000 against Leicester and our task is to convince the majority of them to come back.

Saturday's game is pivotal to our chances this term and if we can win and put in a good performance I think the stay aways will finally start to come back.

TTA have done a fantastic job since rescuing our club...tonights line up would even give Hereford's 1st team a run for their money.

If we can get into the Championship at the end of the season I have no doubt that TTA will give us the resources to stay there.

I reckon we might break 9000 against Leicester and our task is to convince the majority of them to come back.

Saturday's game is pivotal to our chances this term and if we can win and put in a good performance I think the stay aways will finally start to come back.

here here

.. if we can win and put in a good performance I think the stay aways will finally start to come back.

I'm not knocking what you're saying, and I would love you to be correct. Even an ugly win would suit the diehards, but unfortunately those who only turn up for big games are much harder to please.

I'm not knocking what you're saying, and I would love you to be correct. Even an ugly win would suit the diehards, but unfortunately those who only turn up for big games are much harder to please.

Leicester have sold 2,200 so far - so let's assume that they sell out (2,700). latics had 5,100 on Sunday - so let's assume that we get an extra 900 or so - that makes 8700 on Saturday - in a three sided ground should be noisy :)

As for the reserves - a good team with 7 or 8 who can be considered first team potential. As for Manure - this is their squad:

United (probable line-up): Foster; Gray, Eckersley, Wootton, Gill; Derbyshire, Cleverley, Hewson, James, Stewart; Macheda.

Subs from: Bryan, Zieler, Eikrem, Norwood, Strickland.

Young kids in the main - I like the sound of Cleverley - intelligent player :grin:

Leicester have sold 2,200 so far - so let's assume that they sell out (2,700). latics had 5,100 on Sunday - so let's assume that we get an extra 900 or so - that makes 8700 on Saturday - in a three sided ground should be noisy :)

As for the reserves - a good team with 7 or 8 who can be considered first team potential. As for Manure - this is their squad:

United (probable line-up): Foster; Gray, Eckersley, Wootton, Gill; Derbyshire, Cleverley, Hewson, James, Stewart; Macheda.

Subs from: Bryan, Zieler, Eikrem, Norwood, Strickland.

Young kids in the main - I like the sound of Cleverley - intelligent player :grin:

how much is it in tonight?

• 1 month later...

just heard ressies have a match at huddersfield this morning Edited by dkenyonqfc2

4-3 win at 'Uddersfield. Goals from Eaves, O'Grady (2) and Kilcourse.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/Reser...1467936,00.html

This is the sort of match action for the fringe players we were promised, and have been waiting for, since the start of the season. :applause1:

It ended up 5-3 - there was an own goal in there too. Nice to see O'Grady getting good press - Byfield will have to step up soon or he may well be on his way back to Donny :)

The Reserves are playing in the League Cup at Walsall tomorrow night 7:00pm kick-off (weather permitting).

Squad for tonight's game at Walsall:

Fleming, Eardley, Rose, Stephens, Esdaile-Biney, Dawson, Smalley, Lee, O’Grady, Alessandra, Eaves, Ollerenshaw, Cowan, Bembo-Leta, Kilcourse.

The OS says an unnamed trialist is included in the squad.

Mrs. S has failed a late fitness test, but oafc_ok and I will be there to give our honest opinion of him (I hear Henrik Larson is thinking of coming to England again).

Edited by Diego_Sideburns