Thing that really wound me up today

It's just like when you're on a train, if there's some-one in your seat and there's others free you simply move, this woman clearly should've done the same as you had IMO.

Actually no. Once I was on a journey and had just this scenario - there were lots of other seats but I knew that there was every chance of their owner sitting on them later in the journey, so I asked the bloke in mine to move. I didn't want to have to move later when someone came to sit in their own seat, if anyone was going to have that hassle it was going to be the bloke who hadn't paid and booked early like I had.

Lordy. Comedy Gold this thread. :lol: You'd be smelly and unhygenic too if you didnt have people telling you how to "run water" :lol:

Shaw :wink:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What world is that in then ? :clown:

You still don't seem to get it Lordy.

You say they would have been awkward if they'd been asked to move. But they were in the correct seats, they didn't need to move and were not imposing on someone else.

YOU were asked to move, YOU didn't move and then YOU started calling them part-timers.

Evidently the world in which people don't move is YOUR world, because YOU didn't move when asked.

Get a dictionary and look up the word Hypocrite.

Don't want to sound male chauvenist here nor wish to offend the females this doesn't apply to however, many a conflict are started by women and their attitude knowing they won't get a clout. The trouble is the male on the recieving end finds it hard to respond to the verbals and the males who accompany said women then have to defend her, which places the males into conflict for no reason of their own. This applies to police women too!!!

Absolutely bang on.

And i asked a steward to move the person who was refusing to get out of my seat against huddersfield last season. He said if i ask him to move he will want someone moving out of his seat and so on and so forth. So he refused to do it and we ended up stood at the back of the chaddy. So no, its not always that simple.

You still don't seem to get it Lordy.

You say they would have been awkward if they'd been asked to move. But they were in the correct seats, they didn't need to move and were not imposing on someone else.

YOU were asked to move, YOU didn't move and then YOU started calling them part-timers.

Evidently the world in which people don't move is YOUR world, because YOU didn't move when asked.

Get a dictionary and look up the word Hypocrite.

Very little spaces left so i sit in the place where there are the most amount of empty seats, and its 5mins after kick off after all, so what are you saying i should have done ? Gone down to them lot in the bottom corner who were sat where i was supposed to be sat and endured the rest of them giving me abuse all game ?

Guest sheridans_world

I've asked people to move before and I couldnt give flying if said person was built like a brick outhouse with five of his mates. Fact is, I have that seat number on my ticket and thus it is my seat. If they refuse to move, speak to a steward and they will move them.

End of story.

(Unless you dont ask them to move and go and cause issues by sitting in someone else's seat)

I've asked people to move before and I couldnt give flying if said person was built like a brick outhouse with five of his mates. Fact is, I have that seat number on my ticket and thus it is my seat. If they refuse to move, speak to a steward and they will move them.

End of story.

(Unless you dont ask them to move and go and cause issues by sitting in someone else's seat)

alot easier said than done

Very little spaces left so i sit in the place where there are the most amount of empty seats, and its 5mins after kick off after all, so what are you saying i should have done ? Gone down to them lot in the bottom corner who were sat where i was supposed to be sat and endured the rest of them giving me abuse all game ?

Ok, I'll spell it out clearly. YOU were doing exactly what you are saying they would do and hence started the thread to have a go at "them". And they weren't doing it anyway.

It was someone else's seat. You were asked to move. You can't then moan at their reaction when you didn't and then also called them names. Sit down and think about it.

And just as a side point within this thread, when did threats of violence become acceptable banter or comments?