Hughes 'non' goal

Ref seemed to indicate handball.

Didn't see that myself and thought it was for a push. Anyone else have a view?

I was in the rocky so not the best place to view it from but it looked like a push. I was surprised he booked him for it, but he did indicate handball. I think he got it completely wrong.

Aye, the keeper caught the ball and Hughes barged the keeper over the line. Definite foul.

That's how I saw it sat behind the goal in The Chaddy.

Also had a great view of Whitaker's goal - I was getting ready to protect my face as the ball headed for the crowd, and then it swerved at the last second and no keeper in the world could have stopped it.

I can't see Hughes being booked for anything other than handball. Any other suggestions?

From the RRE the Whitaker goal was magnificent. As he turned outside I could see the gap in the top corner - he knew exactly what he was doing and to put it there with his left foot was superb.

Thought all on the pitch played well today. Lomax impressed me at right back and may just make Eardley sweat for his place midweek.

I thought it would have been for barging the keeper but it looked like the Ref was signalling that it was for deliberate handball. Unless of course he's in the Masons and it was some sort of secret sign.

We sit at the front of the top half of the Chaddy,Broadway side,definately Handball.

they may have got that one right but thought the officials (especially the main stand lino) were :censored:in :censored:e today - an absolute disgrace - it were never a free kick that set up their goal - i so wanted to give the blobbys a good kickin but unlike villa fans never cross that line - closest i have ever felt like doing so today

That's how I saw it sat behind the goal in The Chaddy.

Also had a great view of Whitaker's goal - I was getting ready to protect my face as the ball headed for the crowd, and then it swerved at the last second and no keeper in the world could have stopped it.

Was right in front of Whits' too...but that was in the moment it left his foot! Superb goal.

On the Hughesy one, it looked to me as if Martin was backpeddling, ran into Hughes who was coming in and punched it into his own goal. But if jennylatics says Hughesy said he handballed it, then I'll stand corrected! Although he did look livid when it was disallowed. Stopped during full flow of his dance...

Was right in front of Whits' too...but that was in the moment it left his foot! Superb goal.

On the Hughesy one, it looked to me as if Martin was backpeddling, ran into Hughes who was coming in and punched it into his own goal. But if jennylatics says Hughesy said he handballed it, then I'll stand corrected! Although he did look livid when it was disallowed. Stopped during full flow of his dance...

He was still tryin to con the ref! well had it stood we might have had three points.............. it's not cricket but I'd have took it.

Worst referee we've had in a long time. He was either extremely incompetent or extremely corrupt. As bad as the one V Reading, the one who sent Pogs off and the other who sent Fitz off. He should never referee one of our games again, for his complete lack of impartiality.

As for the "handball" we'll soon see when Laticsworld puts the highlights on.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

i so wanted to give the blobbys a good kickin but unlike villa fans never cross that line - closest i have ever felt like doing so today

I saw u jumping about in yer daft shorts ( :tongue: ) at one particular decision and thought u were going to do it! Gotta agree, worst liner if have EVER seen.......

I saw u jumping about in yer daft shorts ( :tongue: ) at one particular decision and thought u were going to do it! Gotta agree, worst liner if have EVER seen.......

Would never ever do so - just had to tell him several times that he was a f**ken cheatin bar steward - only way could express my ire!

Had a good view of the incident (was sat front row at the aisle of the kiddy section), definate handball (and that's what got him booked) but if he hadn't handballed it I think the ref would have disallowed it for a foul on the goalie (which would have probably been the right call). However that was one of the few decisions i thought the ref (and his assitants in particular) got right.