Who was fatter.....

Although it would be nice to believe that refs and linesman do not let any abuse from players or the crowd affect their decision making, I can't help but think that Hughes' little belly rub to the linesman didn't do us any favours at all.

A stupid thing to do really.

Although it would be nice to believe that refs and linesman do not let any abuse from players or the crowd affect their decision making, I can't help but think that Hughes' little belly rub to the linesman didn't do us any favours at all.

I thought it was hilarious. One of the things I like about Hughesy - he has a laugh on the pitch.

Whilst I was having a right laugh at Hughes' belly rub, about 2 minutes later he had an offside given against him by said barrel with the flag. I just thought at that time that's karma at work for you, so you could argue that it is a bit of a stupid thing to pull off. That said, I would like to think that officials at our level are a bit more professional than "You'll pay for that Mr. Hughes. How dare you mock my rotund torso" wouldn't you?

I thought it was hilarious too, what an absolute fat unprofessional t***er, well done hughesy for pointing it out to him

Honestly though it was a shocking display and such unprofessional behaviour should be reported.

Excellent point. Football league officials should have regular fitness tests and standards which they must meet. If they already do this the standards ought to be higher.

That fat **** had no chance, all 16 stone of him wobbling up the line struggling to keep up with these finely tuned athletes in tip-top condition, such as Lidds yesterday(!?!). He's at fault - if you're happy being a fat bastard fine, but don't be a ******* football league linesman.

And of course the ref wasn't much better!!

You can't let player's banter affect your decisions, decisions that ultimately led to their goal. At the end of a season that could be the difference between going up or staying put, just because some obese power-crazed t**t got a bit of a complex because a professional football player was pointing out what his family and friends, and football league should have made obvious to him well before.

I have no idea why people like that get involved in football. I noticed in the later stages of the game that he was giving us decisions in our favour that were wrong in some pathetic attempt to make up for his previous childish reactive decisions, which in itself is just as bad.

Arrrrrrgh I really hated him! :rant.sml:

I thought the referee was poor (not biased) just poor, he was unable to keep up with play and was therefore left guessing at decisions from 30/40 yards away instead of being up with play and getting the decisions right from 10/15 yards away.

I think referees do have fitness tests, all I can say is that if this is the case the standards need to be much higher because if he was fit and able to referee a professional football match adequately then I'm a dutchman, he had an absolute shocker.

Edited by Hometownclub

Excellent point. Football league officials should have regular fitness tests and standards which they must meet. If they already do this the standards ought to be higher.

That fat **** had no chance, all 16 stone of him wobbling up the line struggling to keep up with these finely tuned athletes in tip-top condition, such as Lidds yesterday(!?!). He's at fault - if you're happy being a fat bastard fine, but don't be a ******* football league linesman.

And of course the ref wasn't much better!!

Good point I cant belive people like him are in that shape, there is a linesman that trains in my gym and is unbelievably fit, yet other refs seem to be fat.