5 from 21

unacceptable to be honest, not exactly promotion form more like relegation form. Picking up 0 points in a week against 2 poor teams is a disgrace

It's funny what people class as a "poor" team. We beat Hereford 4-0, how did Bristol do against them? And who were 4-0 up vs Southend yesterday?

It seems that in some people's eyes we are "the best in the league" and anyone below 6th is poor, rubbbish, 3 points easy, home or away. A lot of the mid-table sides are hardly what you'd call poor. Except when we lose to them and want to twist the knife a bit?

Guest sheridans_world

It has been said by many on here, many managers, many players and many pundits that anyone can beat anyone in this league, it is so true.

my comments are in terms of a promotion chasing team.

So, define "poor team". Losing to Bristol Rovers away is hardly a shock result. They are a couple of point behind us, were mid table and were scoring a decent number of goals before we went down there. If people really expect to go through a season without defeats to mid table sides away from home, then they are living in a fantasy world.

So, define "poor team". Losing to Bristol Rovers away is hardly a shock result. They are a couple of point behind us, were mid table and were scoring a decent number of goals before we went down there. If people really expect to go through a season without defeats to mid table sides away from home, then they are living in a fantasy world.

seconded :wink:

unacceptable to be honest, not exactly promotion form more like relegation form. Picking up 0 points in a week against 2 poor teams is a disgrace

I think were getting on our high horse. Bristol are a decent team, and do have the leagues top scorer. It was always going to be a very tough game.

We`ve had a great start, it`s funny to see the moaners come out now weve had a little blip, please dont tell me you expected us to go through the season unbeaten? Look at last season, the likes of Southend lost 14, Carlisle and Donny both lost 12 and still finished in the top 6.

Were 7th in October, hardly a need for throwing your toys out of the prom.

Erm.

Does nobody learn simple arithmetic in Oldham any more?

"5 points from 21"

Let's start with the simple stuff. Possible 3 points a game, 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, no points for a defeat (just in case anyone's not sure).

So, 21 points is the possible total for 7 games.

Our last 7 games has gone DDLWDLL. So a win, 3 draws, 3 defeats.

That's 6 points.

That isn't promotion form, but every team has a bad patch in the season - Shez's job is to ensure this is it, it doesn't get much longer, and we don't have (m)any more.

Calling two away defeats on the bounce "disgraceful" is plain stupid. As is the apparent expectation that having reached the top of the table the only acceptable form is to win every single match for the remainder of the season. Yes you'll claim that's not the case, but I can find no other explanation for the suicidal posts of doom on here since yesterday.

And no BB80, I'm not having a go at those who are trying to intelligently debate where we went wrong and how we might change things - that's fine and should be a factor throughout the season. It's those who bounce up and down from "we'll win every game" to "we'll get relegated" I can't abide.

I think were getting on our high horse. Bristol are a decent team, and do have the leagues top scorer. It was always going to be a very tough game.

And to think leagues top scorers played right under the Latics noses at Rochdale.

Edited by BP1960