That feeling...

The thing about Alessandra is he's the only one of our strikers that offers any link up play.

All the others, Hughes, Davies, O'Grady, and also Ormerod from what I've seen so far, are all the type of striker that likes to play on the last man and look to get in behind and if you asked any of them what type of player they would like to be partnered with I bet they'd all say somebody that likes to come short for the ball into his feet because they all know that would compliment their own game. And the only striker we have of that ilk is Alessandra.

Ideally you'd like your man in that role to be tall, strong and good in the air as well, which Alessandra isn't, and in the long term we do need somebody to compete with him for that role, as was demonstrated when his form dipped just before he was left out.

But until we get one then for me Alessandra has got to play. Any other pairing makes us too one dimensional up front for my liking and therefore too easy to defend against.

The thing about Alessandra is he's the only one of our strikers that offers any link up play.

All the others, Hughes, Davies, O'Grady, and also Ormerod from what I've seen so far, are all the type of striker that likes to play on the last man and look to get in behind and if you asked any of them what type of player they would like to be partnered with I bet they'd all say somebody that likes to come short for the ball into his feet because they all know that would compliment their own game. And the only striker we have of that ilk is Alessandra.

Ideally you'd like your man in that role to be tall, strong and good in the air as well, which Alessandra isn't, and in the long term we do need somebody to compete with him for that role, as was demonstrated when his form dipped just before he was left out.

But until we get one then for me Alessandra has got to play. Any other pairing makes us too one dimensional up front for my liking and therefore too easy to defend against.

Bingo.

BP1960 suggsted Smalley the other day, who I know you liked as a link player (behind Lewis!) and who has the attributes of being strong and good in the air.

Although I do think Alessandra is strong in his own way, several times I've seen him use timing and balance to bounce big players off him. That's no use when the ball is at head height though.

Guest oa_exile
THATS WHAT I THINK ASWELL, LAST YEAR WE WAS ROOTED NEAR THE BOTTOM

LETS LIFT THE DOOM AND GLOOM CMON OLDHAM!!!!!!

ILL EVEN DANCE AND SHOUT !!!!!!!!! FOR YOU IM THAT CONFIDENT HAHA :bblue2:

He should have never been dropped in the first place.

If it ain't broke and all that.

Precisely ... how many goals hughes and taylor scored since lewi was axed ??? 1

He adds so much more than a goal threat and that will come as well

He HAS to play 2nite