No Singing - No Goals

It's the other way round, the atmosphere wasn't as good BECAUSE we didn't play well.

YES! That's what I ment. No real vibe.

so u sat back, realised that if you sit back we dont score. and sat back?

Yes, than I sat back I realised that when I sit back, I realise that im sitting back and because i'm sitting back, I relise we're not scoring. You took the words right out of my mouth.

That's funny, as we somehow managed to score for years when BP resembled a morgue not so long ago.

Ha :grin: . Anyway, the atmosphere seemed abit dull and a song lasteda good 5 seconds.

Don't get me wrong, we did sing and we did sing loud, just their was something about the atmosphere. Either that it's the players.

Edited by OAFCguy

YES! That's what I ment. No real vibe.

Yes, than I sat back I realised that when I sit back, I realise that im sitting back and because i'm sitting back, I relise we're not scoring. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Ha :grin: . Anyway, the atmosphere seemed abit dull and a song lasteda good 5 seconds.

Don't get me wrong, we did sing and we did sing loud, just their was something about the atmosphere. Either that it's the players.

i was sat in the chaddy today with my lad...and it was pitiful....the odd chant when some kid banged on the boards at the front and that was it....plenty of moaning though...

from the chaddy you could hear the rocky road when they sung,which apart from a few sheridans blue n white army wasnt that often either....just a piss poor day all round really.

could hear shez more bollokin eardly each time he messed up.

Well I'm not saying that they weren't singing (Well I was singing in the Chaddy) but everytime we have a "bad" atmosphere, Latics either draw or lose..

Hmm .. i seem to remember against Hudds and Leicster the atmosphere was brilliant and we only drew. The atmosphere against Hereford and Chelts wasnt the best till we were about 3 up and we were alright then. Sorry mate but your theory`s garbage.

Edited by kellys_discopants

We played alright, not the best but not the worst. Like Rocky said weve done alright in a graveyard for years now. Having a good atmosphere does help but to say it`s the reason for a poor performance .. hmm

If we would of scored last night against Yeovil the crowd would of been extatic, no doubt about it. We would have sang us home till it was 10-0 (not literally).

Yes but isn't it a bad thing for us to "weve done alright in a graveyard for years now". Aren't we aiming for promotion?

If we would of scored last night against Yeovil the crowd would of been extatic, no doubt about it. We would have sang us home till it was 10-0 (not literally).

Yes maybe, but i fail to see how you can link yesterday`s defeat to the lack of singing ... like i said it was a similar atmosphere to Hereford/Chelts and we came out 4-0 winners. The reason we lost is because the lads turned up and thought theyd won before the KO, and didnt show any fight/effort/passion ... not because of the atmosphere :lol:

Edited by kellys_discopants

Yes but isn't it a bad thing for us to "weve done alright in a graveyard for years now". Aren't we aiming for promotion?

Really? We were one up against MK for most of the game and the atmosphere was nothing special. And going on 'how well we played', we played superbly against Cheltenham and Hereford when there was little atmosphere, and pretty poorly against Huddersfield when there was a very good atmosphere, allegedly.

Seriously, whilst the crowd can lift the players, its level of activity is not what determines whether the boys put in a decent performance or not.

Just give it up, you're spouting rubbish.

My Eight Year old Daughter started a few Songs off (Broadway Side of the Chaddy), in particular "Doo,Doo,Doo,Lewis Allesandra" although I did see a few confused looks when she started to Chant "Barak OBama" thanks to her Big Brother telling her he was on the wing and that our number nine was Andy Ritchie!

My Eight Year old Daughter started a few Songs off (Broadway Side of the Chaddy), in particular "Doo,Doo,Doo,Lewis Allesandra" although I did see a few confused looks when she started to Chant "Barak OBama" thanks to her Big Brother telling her he was on the wing and that our number nine was Andy Ritchie!

:lol: !

Me and my friend were banging on the boards (we do each match) on the Sheepfoot lane side of the Chaddy...