MEN - Darren Byfield [MERGED]

Always been a pain in the Latics backside. Would be happy to sign him!

lets face it,not everybody is going to like who we sign or talk about signing.....i wouldnt be happy with signing windass....but thats my opinion,doesnt mean he is a bad player or anything,i just dont like the guy.

somebody earlier said its not exactly the striker we need at the moment.....what kind of striker do we need then,considering we have only scored in one of our last four games.

Guest sheridans_world
I suspect you will regret those comments by Saturday 5pm.

Amazingly, Cheltenham have seven players on loan, even though you can only name five in a match-day squad

realistically who would people bring in seeing a everyone thats been mentioned is too $h!£ or too old - plee give me a few names to so we know who we are looking for

i think the players we're being linked with (cole / byfield / windybum) are very realistic for a club like us.Putting aside the fact that he wound me up something rotten when he played against us for Bradford, Dean Windybum would definately add something we don't have in the side right now - aggresion & passion, he's always played with lots of them.

A Cole i'm not convinced with, think we may get a billy big balls attitude from him, but his goals record over the years is quality.

Byfiled is the one for me if we're going to go down another striker in on loan - vs Millwall he looked a real threat playing against us, and he's played at a higher level too; not discounting the fact that he's prob 10 years younger than the other 2!!

realistically who would people bring in seeing a everyone thats been mentioned is too $h!£ or too old - plee give me a few names to so we know who we are looking for

Revolutionary idea, but why didn't we give our own lads a proper chance? Quite extreme I know, but we did give them their contracts and I presume paying them. Would be much better to do this rather than bringing in a waste of space like Ormerod - who in my opinion is another Burgess/Adebola - use us to get fit then do one. Same thing with Byfield barely played all season, missed a fair chunk of pre-season, all the reason why the decisions to let Davies and C O'Grady go out on loan even more mystifying then bring in a turd like Ormerod!

My mate's been to a supporters meeting Q&A with SOD tonight and he told me this. Just passing on the message.

Byfield COULD be off out on loan next week - when he first joined he wanted to stay in the Championship, even though he understood he might not play every week. Now though, he's changed and wants to play every week, so could be going out on loan. Oldham were interested (as was speculated) and they were one of three or four clubs, but they wanted to do a player swap deal, which Sean wasn't interested in.

My mate's been to a supporters meeting Q&A with SOD tonight and he told me this. Just passing on the message.

Byfield COULD be off out on loan next week - when he first joined he wanted to stay in the Championship, even though he understood he might not play every week. Now though, he's changed and wants to play every week, so could be going out on loan. Oldham were interested (as was speculated) and they were one of three or four clubs, but they wanted to do a player swap deal, which Sean wasn't interested in.

Who did we offer you Wolfenden? :lol:

Balls!

Scuppered again... offering Kalala, Thommo, Davies & Wolfy in exchange for Byfield hasnt worked.... curses!

All we need to do however, is to convince another football league manager to make a fake bid for them.... surely Donny will be in like a shot then!

Player swap - sounds bizarre...