Shez Out. Oh, no Shez In!

Bunch of fickle bastards. Lets gid rid of Shez and start building a new squad all over again blah blah blah...

We'll only end up with another Talbot or Moore. This is the best squad we've had in years - yeah its not perfect but we aint going to get much better. We've been chopping and changing the squad for years with no success - the basis of a good team now exists with youth and experience.

It's November and we're only 5 points off the top! Why is everything a crisis with some of you lot???!!

Stability is the key. Enough of the trigger finger negatives - Shez is the right man.

I was expecting a post like this sooner or later - and what I would say is that no-where on here is there anything but reasoned comment - and noone is saying get rid of shez, just pointing out that there are some very worrying signs of this season falling apprt emerging. If we said this after stockport, or even Brizzle then it is fickle - but this is a consistent run of poor decisions and bizarre occurances on and off the pitch.

I want shez to turn it round, But am worrying if this continues for much longer irreprabable damage will be done to our season, morale and club. Its not a crisis, but it needs sorting now - too many things going wrong at the same time, and the same things that went wrong last year.

Nothing trigger finger about this. Nothing at all, its not a crisis - we aint carlisle, however Shez needs to prove he has learnt something over the last thee years. This may not all fall at sheridans door either, but I dont think its unfair to say that morale and spirit at this club is obviously at a very low ebb - again I refer to the axis of Captain/manager/chairman which seems to be in pieces....

Not having a pop Rigsby, but, I can see your post disappearing quite quickly.

why ?

i didnt say it was true i said its a rumour i heard?bit like the roger palmer majuriana rumour lol.

unless its the hardy bit its just my opinion like.

Maybe.

I just dont buy into this premier league 'i want it now' attitude. We've been going round in circles for years as it is. I could understand if we were 5 points off bottom. We've had a shaky few weeks, nothing more.

Nope. missing it again. Its not about the expectations we set for the team, I dont support oldham to win stuff, and ultimately wouldnt mind if we were a mid table side - howver TTA and shez set the expectations, and as has been pointed out - they said they wanted to be in the championship within 5 years, and said at the start of this season that we should be challenging. The way we are playing at the moment is nothing like challengers.

We havent just had a shaky few weeks. There has been strange decisions for the last two years which are costing us time and time again, and the last thing I though would be happening again is lack of players and player tantrums... its the same as last season and we just arent learning from our mistakes.

We need to be seeing progress, thats all we ask, however we seem to be self-imploding again... and its time to start getting things right. Playing players in their right positions, in a formation that suits us, and having enough players to fill a first team squad are not big asks.

I sincerely hope that at the end of this season we are singing sheridans praises for taking us into the championship - and "sheridans blue and white army" is ringing loud and clear, but that will only be done if some serious changes are made to the attitude of this team, morale, and basic footballing decisions.

For the record, I really really hope Shez sorts it. If anyone does take us up I would rather it be Shez, who has been a loyal servant to the club a player, coach and manager over the past 10-11 years.

However the point I was making was

- TTA have backed sheridan big time last season, and have done so this season too. I don't think they are being unreasonable in expecting a degree of consistency with our results.

- Any potential new manager will want to build his own team. If we are still in this div for 2009/2010, chances are whoever is in charge will be working with a reduced budget. At the end of this season, Crossley, kalala, thompson, stam, liddell, hazel, gregan, maher, allott, hughes, wolfenden, lomax. No less than 12 players, all out of contract. The opportunity to start from more or ess a clean slate for Shez or any potential new manager.

The only problem we have which I have said all along is who could a club the size of Oldham Athletic realistically attract, who is available, and who could do a better job than Shez?

If (and big if considering how much has been spent here already) we paid off shez, I would suspect any manager we go for must be a free agent, as I cant see us paying compo to another club

For the record, I really really hope Shez sorts it. If anyone does take us up I would rather it be Shez, who has been a loyal servant to the club a player, coach and manager over the past 10-11 years.

The only problem we have which I have said all along is who could a club the size of Oldham Athletic realistically attract, who is available, and who could do a better job than Shez?

If (and big if considering how much has been spent here already) we paid off shez, I would suspect any manager we go for must be a free agent, as I cant see us paying compo to another club

I think there could be another element here with shez, and that is the potential manager merry-go-round with 'udders. They have cash, and could easily pay comp for any manager at this level, and anyone who think managing 'udders isnt appealing when they have the infrastructure, money and support to match it with anyone in this division or the championship is kidding themselvs.

Boothroyd is thier obvious number one choice - however they have also publically stated that Brian laws, Shez, Ronnie Moore (:lol:) and nigel adkins is on thier list. Now, I'd say shez could be a close second on that list behind laws if bootroyd falls through - and from some of the rumours I wouldnt blame him for going, and also, if they manage to tempt Laws I think we could be in the same boat - looking for a new manager...

Always thought Shez would get sick of the club before we get sick of him... it could be close :wink: but I could still see it happening.... and this could be a very good time for sheridans career to jump ship...

Imo the ball has been dropped several times since the summer;

1 - A centreback needed to be signed in the summer, we were down a very good centreback a year ago when Trotters left and it looks like no effort was made to replace him

2 - Too many centre midfielders on the books and with no reserve team it makes it even worse, Maher might be a good player but it was a signing too much with Lee and Stephens already on the books

3 - What was the need to bring in Ormorod? O'Grady was never really given a proper chance to stake his claim and Davies wasn't given much of a chance after scoring a hattrick in a rare reserve game

After building what looked like a very good squad, you can understand the owners frustrations when a manager goes back to them looking for more loan signings despite not using the players he brought in.

1 - A centreback needed to be signed in the summer, we were down a very good centreback a year ago when Trotters left and it looks like no effort was made to replace him

2 - Too many centre midfielders on the books and with no reserve team it makes it even worse, Maher might be a good player but it was a signing too much with Lee and Stephens already on the books

3 - What was the need to bring in Ormorod? O'Grady was never really given a proper chance to stake his claim and Davies wasn't given much of a chance after scoring a hattrick in a rare reserve game

After building what looked like a very good squad, you can understand the owners frustrations when a manager goes back to them looking for more loan signings despite not using the players he brought in.

I agree Senor, though 1 question.............Whose typed it for you?? :wink:

Unless the old "faces don't fit" rumours are true - I'd guess that O'Grady and Davies aren't looking good enough / sharp enough in training and Shez wanted another option.