FA Cup 2nd Round Draw

:lol: I'm from Oldham originally (born at the top of Sheepfoot lane to be exact) but now living just outside Morecambe at Heysham, I myself got an enforced free transfer from Oldham at the age of 2 as my parents went their separate ways, of course my Dads side of the family all still live in Oldham and I come over when I can but I can assure you that you're way off the mark with your ':censored:hole' comment about Morecambe.

Yes there is one unsavoury area of town called the 'west end' which has suffered due to unscrupulous landlords offering multi occupancy to long term unemployed and this inturn has attracted the drug dealers but now it's being sorted as the council are block buying up most of these properties and shipping out the wasters who've brought the area down in the first place and returning these fantastic buildings to their former usefulness as joint owned affordable homes for working people who will maintain them as they have something sadly lacking and that’s a sense of pride!

When you arrive mate get yourself up Broadway to the promenade and look over the bay towards the Lakeland hills then Just take in a deep breath of clean sea air and delight in the benefits it's doing for your smoke ridden lungs!

P.S Go pay your respects to Uncle Eric whilst you're at it :grin:

But the odd Nuclear power station blotting the landscape looks impressive.....

Guest oa_exile
P.S Go pay your respects to Uncle Eric whilst you're at it :grin:

Did they ever re-develop the Hotel that is at the back of the statue to Eric ?

I remember last time I was there , their was talk of it.

I used to work at Reebok in Heysham, our local was the Battery on the seafront at Morecambe - it's a bit "wild west" on the front on a Saturday night though....

We've certainly got our fair share of 'cowboys' usually trying their best to sell any spare Tarmac or dodgy cladding :grin: and yes I myself never venture out into Morecambe or any other place at night........................................usually have my feet up having a cuppa :lol:

The hotel that oa_exile is on about is the Midland and yes it's been brought back to life in spectacular style

midlandnl7.jpg

Before the work looking in a terrible state of disrepair following a full decade of closure and local vandalism

midlandhotelmorecambeub8.jpg

Starting to take shape!

And here's the grand re-opening on the BBC news, blimey! '11 Million spent' Just goes to show ^_^

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...l%3Den%26sa%3DN