Shez shares our pain

You are of course entitled to your opinion of course but i dont think you picked up on the sarcasm surrounding the Eardley world class international full back comment. My point was that the way some people hound him is as if he already is and shouldnt be making errors.

If Davies is being a nuisance then ship him out and shut the door behind him. Regardless of his so called potential, if he hasnt got the attitude to get his head down and prove Shez (if of course this is the case and he has been disruptive), wrong then frankly i dont want him at the club. I think the fact that he scored his 1st goal since February the other day says it own story. If he bags a few at County and comes back a different player without the alleged stroppyness then Latics potentially have a better player on their hands. If he comes back and scores 15-20 goals then surely it would be a master stroke by Shez.

Shez will get it right and of that i am sure

I suppose only time will tell, but Davies scored a hatrick in the ressies and still didn't make the first team bench. He can't score if he isn't selected to play - plays at Stockport and scores in his second game for them....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most notable thing from this thread and others that are a similar topic is the number of people who are expressing their opinions and then saying that Shez still has his/her support.

That is the importnant thing at the moment. I think that most on here believe that Shez is actually a decent manager just lacking a little in certain areas and hoping that those deficiencies improve the more experienced he becomes.

I agree with those that say his most baffling decision was not putting the reserves in a league this year. I just think that he was reacting to last seasons situation when we were basically putting schoolkids into a team to recieve a thrashing (awaits comic quips about schoolkids and thrashings with lewd undertones) and that could only hamper their progress and he didn't want a repeat of that situation. I wonder with hindsight if he regrets that decision now that he has such a large squad. In fact it makes you wonder was that decision taken before he knew that he would have such a large squad.

Davies was and is an enigma. He appears to have so much potential yet on so many occasions doesn't look like he will fullfill it. For me Davies is a confidence player and having got off to such a bad start, particularly his sending off against Rochdale, his head has dropped significantly. Although in the JPT game against Morecombe he put in a full shift and was clearly out to impress and show his remorse, things have not picked up for him. Only time will tell now if he is gone or if SC was telling it as it is and they are looking for Davies to help Stockport take points off our rivals. What we do know is that he is on loan until january the 3rd with a recall clause after the first month. With Ormerod injured and returning to Preston, it will be interesting to see if we do sign this new striker, rumoured to be Byfield, (Personally I'm not convinced by Byfield) if this affect Davies coming back be it in January or sometime during the 2nd month of his loan. I would think that any sign of injuries in early December and Davies will be on his way back particularly if the new signing doesn't happen or indeed if it does happen but the player is not impressing.

Also, all this rumour about an "incident" is exactly that. Rumour. In all my years in and around this club there have always been stories around the pubs about this incident and that incident. The difference is that these days we discuss these "incidents" on the tinternet. Of course there are incidents amongst the players, but that is no different now to 10, 20 and 30 years ago, its just that there is so much more media coverage around the clubs these days and the media is hungrier and hungrier for the stories to fill their space. Most of these incidents are something and nothing and get blown up out of all proportion. Of course certain players will not get on with certain other players. But for god's sake it doesn't always mean the end of a footballing relationship. Just look at Andy Cole and Teddy Sheringham. These people are professional footballers and whilst some will say that footballers are thick and one brain cell short of having 2 brain cells, this is the environment that they have been brought up in. Right the way through the junior ranks at whichever club they started at. It is their way of life and for the most part don't know anything different.

I'm personally sick and tired of reading on here that there has been an incident between A & B and "I believe it because it's from" a "Usually Reliable" or "Good" sorce or someone who "works at the club." Well strike it lucky sellers work at the club but the fact is that they know :censored: all about what goes on in training or in the dressing rooms so I would prefer it if people would shut the fu.... Nah forget it; just carry on with the rubbish at least it creates more hits for the site.

Back on topic. As I said at the start of the thread, despite peoples observations, it's good to see people are still saying that they continue to back the manager. Without that continued backing we all know the outcome. Just ask Ronnie Moore.

Cheers,

Harry.

Well done K_P, I have started a few replies like that only to think whats the point and gone and done something else instead.

That BT is the best philosophy, and there are plenty of other things to do too, even actually doing some work!

Read regularly but then "whats the point" comes in to play when thinking of replying. I kind of started thinking like that somewhere during the run of the big un on JKL, which is contradictory in itself isn't it? Post on there when most folks were thinking why do they bother, hmmmmmmm.

That BT is the best philosophy, and there are plenty of other things to do too, even actually doing some work!

Read regularly but then "whats the point" comes in to play when thinking of replying. I kind of started thinking like that somewhere during the run of the big un on JKL, which is contradictory in itself isn't it? Post on there when most folks were thinking why do they bother, hmmmmmmm.

Wash your mouth out!

Anyway, back onto subject. A reliable source at the club (none other than John Sheridan) told me that Harry Dowds Green Shirt gives young boys a damn good thrashing. :shock:

Guest oa_exile
Wash your mouth out!

Anyway, back onto subject. A reliable source at the club (none other than John Sheridan) told me that Harry Dowds Green Shirt gives young boys a damn good thrashing. :shock:

Sounds like Harry is doing a sterling job ! Keep up the good work Harry ! :) (A jolly good thrashing never did me any harm :shock: )

First time i've seen the kids this season & i was impressed too.....................

...................Well done young 'un's - keep it up!!!

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron it says, amongst other things, that the hunt goes on for an experienced front man.

Shez said “There is no update at the moment, but I am still hopeful of signing a player on loan and I am working to make it happen”.

Also Bury have not given Latics any indication of a desire to extend O'Grady's loan.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns